Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, Gibbs828791 said:

People keep saying this,who cares, Smith isnt a backup his career is over and will be off the books next year. We have the cap space and it isnt like we are paying 2 QBs 18 mil to compete against each other.

The remaining roster cares. Multi year deal for Cam at or around that number impedes us from resigning our own and limits additional future big signings. How about a one year Cam Newton deal? That one year is a year wasted on Haskins development and evaluation while he is on a rookie deal.

RR is signing a lot of guys who should be hungry for bigger deals moving forward. This seems like Joe Gibbs and Bobby Beathard Plan B free agency all over again....no namers who come together and win. Love the Orchard signing....good dude who deserves a shot. 

Really odd that the Lions would bring in a CB, even if they are trading Slay. Especially at 3, cause ya gotta figure Okudah. Something is up.

Davis is an interesting guy. That was a great safety draft. I wanted him or Bell that year. I really wanted a true single high FS, but if he pushes Monte out, good. Plus, that's a violent duo of safties and with the speed of our front 7, it should be fun to watch. JDR is going to have some fun pieces to play with.

26 minutes ago, max21 said:

Yes I am fully aware now lol. 

Thompson is a free agent.

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Really odd that the Lions would bring in a CB, even if they are trading Slay. Especially at 3, cause ya gotta figure Okudah. Something is up.

They don't really have much else in the system. Rashaan Melvin is 30 and Trufant will be when the season starts. 

10 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Seems odd we are not looking at Damarious Randall. 

I think Randall's priced himself to high, at least from what I've read.  The safety market blew up last off season and it seems teams are pushing back this year.  Starting to see guys take 1-yr deals and wouldn't be surprised if he signs one too.

Are people seriously expecting to be good this year?? Our roster is really bad. When the preseason predictions come out, i wouldn’t be surprised if the Skins are the consensus pick for worst team in the league especially once CIN and MIA take QBs in the draft that will have higher degrees than Haskins. This FA class as a whole is pretty meh. There isn’t a quick fix unless Haskins turns into a pro bowler. The draft is the key this year to build something that might bear fruit next season. 

Very illuminating insight (if true) on Rivera and his thoughts concerning young Simba vs Cam.

@Redskinstoday

I’ve been hearing that Ron Rivera honestly just wants to move on from Cam Newton.

[color=red)

Person I spoke with also told me that Rivera believes Haskins has more arm talent and anticipation than Newton does.

[/color]

Also believes Newton in the building wouldn’t be good for team chemistry.

https://twitter.com/redskinstoday_/status/1240381584383062021

11 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Are people seriously expecting to be good this year?? Our roster is really bad. When the preseason predictions come out, i wouldn’t be surprised if the Skins are the consensus pick for worst team in the league especially once CIN and MIA take QBs in the draft that will have higher degrees than Haskins. This FA class as a whole is pretty meh. There isn’t a quick fix unless Haskins turns into a pro bowler. The draft is the key this year to build something that might bear fruit next season. 

the previous four years we hung right around the 500 mark.  I think last year is the aberation, not those years

30 minutes ago, tchrpe1 said:

The #Packers have agreed to terms with TE Marcedes Lewis on 1-year deal worth $2.25M, including more than $1M guarantee, source said. He drew interest from the #Saints, as well.

Delanie Walker was on GB, INDY and Skins list of interested teams.  With GB signing Lewis that cancels them out and leaves Indy and us.  

Archived