Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

9 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

No.... just, no.... In his FIFTH season as a starter he threw thirty freakin' interceptions... the ship has sailed, he will never be a quality NFL starting QB again.... and I'm doubting he even gets the chance.... praying that our FO doesn't fall for his schtick and bring him in, can't think of a worse QB to have in the room with Haskins...

That’s just crazy! He played in a new system last year. He threw a ton of interceptions but, he has taken care of it better before..... buy low but buy.

29 minutes ago, Lovi said:

3 years $50 MIL for Slay  lots of $$

I don't get it. The Lions need D help and they let go of a real good corner, wtf. How are they going to replace him with a 3 and a 5?

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Who knows about the Winston stuff.  But if the dude is going to be a backup, don't get the concern?  Teams typically don't have Peyton Manning types on the bench.  I've watched plenty of Winston and I'd take him by a mile over Colt McCoy.  Still, I doubt they sign him. 

Ya me too. He ain't coming here for chump change.

Just now, 50yrSKINSfan said:

I don't get it. The Lions need D help and they let go of a real good corner, wtf. How are they going to replace him with a 3 and a 5?

Lions are ... in a very weird spot. They need to rebuild. Slay is 29 ... and the CB elite drop-off is around 30/31 ... so it kind of makes sense to get draft picks for Slay.

Lions are also in a position to trade from 3 to 5/6 and still land Okudah and add more picks. Total reload.

Of course, the Lions could be selling a complete rebuild and if that is the case, maybe Patricia is buying some more time on getting Tua at 2 or 3. Still holding off for that 2/3 swap haha.

Winston would be terrible for this fanbase. I remember when Cousins had his issues and about 90% of the fanbase wanted to jump off a building. Personally I'd take a shot at Winston. I don't think Arians was a good fit for him. In some instances the play caller has to be able to know when and when not to be aggressive and protect the QB from himself. And in that area Arians probably lets all his QB's down. The Steelers fired him because he kept wanting to get 5 guys out in patterns and had no regard for protection. IDK, I just feel with the right coach Winston could probably cut down half of those ints.

My worries are that he'll be spending most of his time in Annapolis because of the fresh crabs out of the bay. Those suckers can get pretty thick and meaty in the fall.

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Lions are ... in a very weird spot. They need to rebuild. Slay is 29 ... and the CB elite drop-off is around 30/31 ... so it kind of makes sense to get draft picks for Slay.

Lions are also in a position to trade from 3 to 5/6 and still land Okudah and add more picks. Total reload.

Of course, the Lions could be selling a complete rebuild and if that is the case, maybe Patricia is buying some more time on getting Tua at 2 or 3. Still holding off for that 2/3 swap haha.

They'v been pretty aggressive in FA.  Of the teams that weren't hot last year, I'd say the Lions, Cards, Giants seem to be the most aggressive.

9 minutes ago, max21 said:

I’m kind of sick of this QB talk, can we just roll with Haskins and see what we got. 

That's not going to happen because Rivera didn't draft him. He has no loyalty to Haskins what so ever. You can expect competition. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They'v been pretty aggressive in FA.  Of the teams that weren't hot last year, I'd say the Lions, Cards, Giants seem to be the most aggressive.

True, they have been building up that defense. But you know, maybe they feel like they have the draft capital to reload their talent. It's an interesting situation for sure, especially if their plan is to keep riding with Stafford and trying to win the NFC North now.

They could draft Okudah and another DB in the 3rd and have a combined cap hit of like $8m a year for the next 4-5 years v. Slay for $16m a year (and aging)

3 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Logan Thomas looks like a punishing blocker. Did a job on the Skins defense last year. Big target that catches the ball. I like it.

PFF grades him as a poor run blocker.  I don't trust PFF on some metrics but blocking they are usually within the ball park.  But I am cool with the signing.  Slim pickings in FA for TE. 

IMO the starting TE on this team might end up from the draft.  The draft IMO isn't hot for TE but not bad in the 3rd-4th round range especially if the goal is upgrading over Sprinkle. 

I understand their interest in Cooper but don't get their need to sign a WR overall, which is a point that Keim and others keep harping on.  But if they must sign a WR, I know who I'd want.  I am not saying the name because whenever I do that player seems to get signed hours later by another team.  🤨  I'll just say he'd be the most obvious target after Cooper according to most.   And I wouldn't pay a ton for the guy but if they get him at a decent price, I'd be on board. 

8 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

This makes sense.  I don't think he's the best influence for Haskins. I think they need someone that is a professional through and through even if they aren't as good of a player.

I would feel a lot better if Penn came back. He proved he can fill the void for the short term.  Buys time so we don't panic to fill LT.  Make it happen Ron!

Daryl Williams has been mentioned, but he was pretty bad as a guard.  Unless the idea is to have him replace Moses, I don't see the point.  Unless we trust him as LT?   Ron would know if he could handle that.

Archived