Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Saw Thuney signed his Franchise Tag, the first step to getting an extension and/or trade officially done.

Made me wonder, anything about Scherff signing his? 

Not saying it will happen but Scherff is on a Non-Exclusive which means he can talk to other teams for a trade.  Just saying.  RR wants to keep him but interesting that they put him on a NE FT instead of a EFT.

Still waiting to hear the numbers on Thomas Davis and Logan Thomas. Hard to figure what we're giving T. Davis. I can't imagine that Logan Thomas is getting much more than McKissic per year.  So, I guess we have about 33 million left in cap space. Of course, that goes up if we sign Scherff to a long-term deal, restructure Kerrigan, trade TW, or trade QD. 

1 minute ago, dswerdlw said:

Still waiting to hear the numbers on Thomas Davis and Logan Thomas. Hard to figure what we're giving T. Davis. I can't imagine that Logan Thomas is getting much more than McKissic per year.  So, I guess we have about 33 million left in cap space. Of course, that goes up if we sign Scherff to a long-term deal, restructure Kerrigan, trade TW, or trade QB. 

Maybe, maybe not.  I believe he wanted 15/year and the tag is at 14.7 or something.  Of course, we could give him a lower number this year (if we extend him), so you could be right.  

24 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I just do not understand all this desire for other people cast offs.  

Glad we missed Cooper - Did no get punked. Dallas ****ed themselves. Way too much money for Cooper. Stupid to pay what they did. Cooper at $15M/yr? OK, maybe. But he shrinks in big games and had the drops last year. 

NO!!!!!! to Gurley. Dude cannot stay on the field and we have 3 guys now that we need to give a chance. Get someone in the mid rounds to be #4. 

Many of the other players got too much money too - the same many wanting these guys complain about when the Redskins do step in and sign someone. 

This FO has a plan. Let's see them implement before deciding it's already done. 

See, I was fine with us going after Cooper for a few different reasons. 

1- Hes an elite talent

2- He would be halfway through his deal before Mclaurin would be due an extension. 

Perhaps it is stupid for Dallas to pay 25% of the cap on 2 guys, but honestly, they made that bed when they traded for him. I don’t think the contract would be as bad for us as it will be for them. Oh well. I’m ready to ride with what we have. 

The rest of this offseason is the same story as it’s been for a year. Where is Trent going, and for what? I really only see two options going forward: 

1- Trent - Tampa for #13

2- Trent stays, and we continue shopping him in the hopes that someone gets desperate. 

Anything else outside of the unlikely Howard + 2nd is not good enough. The rest of the moves we are making are just to fill depth. I expect us to try and bring in another TE ( Walker)

3 minutes ago, SknzFeva said:

Just read Bart Scott is reporting OBJ is being shopped by CLE. I think he’s a better playmaker than Amari Cooper and will come at a much cheaper AAV. 

TW, QD, and a 4th. Lock it up

Do you realize teams have to WANT to pay Trent some stupid amount of money. He hasn't come off his demands for salary. That's why he hasn't been traded. It's legitimately the first step. There's absolutely no point in even discussing compensation without a team willing to pay him. And right now. No one wants to. This oh trade Trent here or trade Trent there likes it's so easy. He is making it impossible 

1 minute ago, SknzFeva said:

Just read Bart Scott is reporting OBJ is being shopped by CLE. I think he’s a better playmaker than Amari Cooper and will come at a much cheaper AAV. 

TW, QD, and a 4th. Lock it up

He's very talented and a complete head case. I don't know if I could stomach his nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

See, I was fine with us going after Cooper for a few different reasons. 

1- Hes an elite talent

2- He would be halfway through his deal before Mclaurin would be due an extension. 

Perhaps it is stupid for Dallas to pay 25% of the cap on 2 guys, but honestly, they made that bed when they traded for him. I don’t think the contract would be as bad for us as it will be for them. Oh well. I’m ready to ride with what we have. 

The rest of this offseason is the same story as it’s been for a year. Where is Trent going, and for what? I really only see two options going forward: 

1- Trent - Tampa for #13

2- Trent stays, and we continue shopping him in the hopes that someone gets desperate. 

Anything else outside of the unlikely Howard + 2nd is not good enough. The rest of the moves we are making are just to fill depth. I expect us to try and bring in another TE ( Walker)

No one is willing to give up a second but you're here saying it's #13 or bust lol. 

2 minutes ago, tlazarchick31 said:

Do you realize teams have to WANT to pay Trent some stupid amount of money. He hasn't come off his demands for salary. That's why he hasn't been traded. It's legitimately the first step. There's absolutely no point in even discussing compensation without a team willing to pay him. And right now. No one wants to. This oh trade Trent here or trade Trent there likes it's so easy. He is making it impossible 

And yet all reports are that it's the Redskins insistence on 2nd rd pick - which i agree with. But to say he is making it impossible goes against everything that is being reported. 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/03/jets-second-round-pick-trade-redskins-trent-williams

Now if there are some reports out there saying his demands are way too high then please post them. i mean that sincerely. I can't read everything so I could have missed them. But so far, all of what I have read says a different story. 

6 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

He's very talented and a complete head case. I don't know if I could stomach his nonsense. 

Cant stand the guy, just like I couldnt stand DeSean. But I loved watching DeSean catching bombs FOR us and I couldnt help but be excited by OBJs ability. Can you imagine OBJ on one side and McClaurin on the other?

Just now, tlazarchick31 said:

Another reason for this staffs incompetency already. Just trade him. This whole I'm the new boss routine is already old. 

Who'd trade a reasonable asset for Dunbar?

He's never completed a season healthy, has limited experience, and the only thing he has going for him is he played relatively well on a historically bad defense.

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

And yet all reports are that it's the Redskins insistence on 2nd rd pick - which i agree with. But to say he is making it impossible goes against everything that is being reported. 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/03/jets-second-round-pick-trade-redskins-trent-williams

Now if there are some reports out there saying his demands are way too high then please post them. i mean that sincerely. I can't read everything so I could have missed them. But so far, all of what I have read says a different story. 

It's been reported by our own media Trent was asking for some ridiculous amount of AAV. North of 20mil. 

And it's also been reported no one is offering a second. 

Just now, Burgold said:

Who'd trade a reasonable asset for Dunbar?

He's never completed a season healthy, has limited experience, and the only thing he has going for him is he played relatively well on a historically bad defense.

exactly.  We may want to trade him, but another team needs to want him before it can happen... Rumors out there that Trend has interest... i have heard exactly NOTHING about any interest in Dunbar. 

1 minute ago, tlazarchick31 said:

Another reason for this staffs incompetency already. Just trade him. This whole I'm the new boss routine is already old. 

I believe you said yourself somewhere that you need a partner. It would be reckless to just send him off for nothing. 

And sorry i find it ridiculous that you are saying something is old when it's just started. Let's let them actually have I don't know a few months before declaring them done. There is no reason to be in a hurry. Games start in September. We have done the whole winning the off-season and that does not work. 

Archived