Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

What if Ron trades #2 to Miami for all three of their first round picks.

Miami picks Tua. Ron discusses with Detroit and Gettlemen in NY knowing neither of them will take Chase and still gets Chase at #5 plus has the other two first round picks remaining. 🤔 

I don't think there is any chance that both Detroit and NYG would pass up a chance to draft Chase Young.

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

One cavaet here should be that Andrew Whitworth just signed a 3 year deal that takes him into his 41 year old season. Not expecting him to actually play to that point, but Trent is 7 years his junior.

Andre has missed 3 games in 11 years. He’s as durable as they come which is why he continues getting deals. 

5 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

my point being there's no doubt in my mind he'd immediately be an upgrade at FS with what I expect to be a much improved defense (assuming Chase Young) for at least a year or two until we can draft a FS high. This could all be a moot point though is EB is expecting top dollars.... We need pieces.

Berry has transitioned to more of a strong safety role - he doesn't have the range he used to have to play single high. We already have Collins to play the role Berry would play.

6 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

I don't think there is any chance that both Detroit and NYG would pass up a chance to draft Chase Young.

Yeah. I think the only chance is if Detroit trades 3 to LAC and the Giants sign Clowney. And even then the Giants might still draft Chase which would be a terrifying prospect. But those two happening in tandem is pretty low and can’t be relied upon to happen. If we trade off 2 I think we have to kiss Chase goodbye. 

Then the conversation would switch to whether you draft Simmons, Okudah or an OT at 5. 

21 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Fair. More likely is probably 5+18 + 39 + 56 for TW and #2.

Some would argue that #2 on its own should get us 5/18 and a 2021 1st + another pikc (2nd?) this year. So I'm just adding a late 2nd to that to include Trent.

2 weeks ago I would have said no way. But Miami has gone after quite a lot of talent in free agency. Tom Brady is no longer in the AFC East. And there's a better chance now that they go all-in to get their QB of choice ... and they still have 14 picks in this draft.

Miami needs an LT pretty badly. If they trade up for their QB, they don't have a pick that "secures" that position ... MAYBE at 26. So it just makes sense to me that we'd include TW in a trade back to them and either add a pick ... or get a bump up to a higher pick than if we didn't include TW.

not disagreeing with anything you said but it seems to me that Miami should go get Trent and give up a 2nd to lock down left tackle...

Then, worry about which QB they're gonna draft whether it be Tua or one of the other rookies. I just think that if they wanted Trent that badly they would've already made the deal??? Maybe nobody wants to pay Trent his asking price because our price seems reasonable. 

7 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Yeah. I think the only chance is if Detroit trades 3 to LAC and the Giants sign Clowney. And even then the Giants might still draft Chase which would be a terrifying prospect. But those two happening in tandem is pretty low and can’t be relied upon to happen. If we trade off 2 I think we have to kiss Chase goodbye. 

Then the conversation would switch to whether you draft Simmons, Okudah or an OT at 5. 

If Miami trades up to 2, I don't think the Chargers would have any reason to trade up to 3.  I suppose it is possible that the DET/LAC trade could happen before the WAS/MIA trade, though.  In fact, now that I think about it, if LAC trades up to 3, that could actually push MIA into trading up to 2. 

7 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

If Miami trades up to 2, I don't think the Chargers would have any reason to trade up to 3.  I suppose it is possible that the DET/LAC trade could happen before the WAS/MIA trade, though.  In fact, now that I think about it, if LAC trades up to 3, that could actually push MIA into trading up to 2. 

Miami can beat anyone's trade to 3. Miami is the only team with the ammo to get to 2. So 3 is where everyone will trade to. 

9 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Chargers would only trade up to three if Detroit was on the clock.

2 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

So, in this scenario:

Cincy; Burrow

Miami: Tua

L.A.: ??????

NYG:

Wash:

- If LA trades up to 3 to draft Tua they run the risk of not getting him anyway...they would need to go up to #2 to assure it. So they would be trading up likely to take the kid from Oregon. If thats the case, Miami could likely sit tight and Tua falls to them...risky for sure. Then, the NYG are in the drivers seat of the entire draft; take Chase Young or entertain trade offers for Tua at 4 from teams like New England, Carolina, Vegas or someone else? 

The only way I see the Skins dealing out of 2 to move to 5 is if they can get Detroit to play ball and drop back to 5 for us to move to 3. It makes a lot of sense for these 3 teams to scratch each others backs to all get what they want. Detroit becomes the big winner because they will get either Simmons, Okudah or almost whomever else they want while likely getting at least one of Miami's 1st round plcks plus something else I would think. The Skins would likely pick up a 2nd round pick from Miami to drop back one spot...

1 minute ago, tlazarchick31 said:

Miami can beat anyone's trade to 3. Miami is the only team with the ammo to get to 2. So 3 is where everyone will trade to. 

Yes and no. Depends on if Detroit is in win-now mode. Chargers have a lot of young talent as well as the 6th pick. Detroit may be more interested in Desmond King or Melvin Ingram or Adderly or, if lac are desperate enough, Derwin James. Miami doesn’t have that talent on board yet.

11 minutes ago, tlazarchick31 said:

Detroit could get to #2 if they wanted and much easier than Miami could. 

"Hey Redskins, this is Detroit, we'll give you #3 and a 2nd rounder this year for #2 overall and we will void the trade if we take Chase Young. We're taking Tua."

Skins....done.

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Detroit could get to #2 if they wanted and much easier than Miami could. 

"Hey Redskins, this is Detroit, we'll give you #3 and a 2nd rounder this year for #2 overall and we will void the trade if we take Chase Young. We're taking Tua."

Skins....done.

Detroit isn't taking Tua. They have Stafford with a huge penalty if he's moved. Patrica needs to win. Going into year 3 and picking 3 overall he needs to win not to start over with a new QB

19 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

CB Logan Ryan willing to take one-year, short term deal at least $10m.... I'd be over that

Logan at 10 would be great. Really doubt it happens. We would rather pay 10 for a corner coming off 2 bad years over a Ryan or Trufant who are much much better. 

2 minutes ago, tlazarchick31 said:

Detroit isn't taking Tua. They have Stafford with a huge penalty if he's moved. Patrica needs to win. Going into year 3 and picking 3 overall he needs to win not to start over with a new QB

Tua would be the promise of hope. Let him sit behind Stafford for a year. If Stafford plays well, trade him for a good pick. If not, cut him. Either way, Tua's team next year.

Just now, panahoo said:

Tua would be the promise of hope. Let him sit behind Stafford for a year. If Stafford plays well, trade him for a good pick. If not, cut him. Either way, Tua's team next year.

Again, Patrica needs to win. Okudah or Simmons are WAY more beneficial to him than Tua sitting for a year. 

Archived