Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I do find it odd that the one time they seemed to be willing to go crazy was 22 mil per for a wr.

so do I.

i posted earlier that it’s all been a bit bizarre for me. Will be interesting to see what follows in the coming days. 

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

so do I.

i posted earlier that it’s all been a bit bizarre for me. Will be interesting to see what follows in the coming days. 

I think they went with the overall philosophy that they were going after the best player on the board at a position they could upgrade with a veteran presence, but ultimately they got “Skinned”. 

If we would have signed fuller (10mil) ,conklin (14mil) , hooper (10.5 mil.) id say job well done! we'd have FA money left and still be able to sign chase or tua, but now i think its a definite we trade down for a left tackle and a te. which kills me, maybe they still draft chace or tua, one can hope anyway

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

so do I.

Ageed! I was thinking, what I've really loved since Kyle Smith's arrival has been our college scouting and drafting. Our pro scouting and signing has largely been crap during that time, and nothing seems to have changed. Kyle hasn't had oversight of that role long enough to truly be evaluating and running the pro personnel side. I'm hoping that after this offseason he can bring in some new individuals to that department, as outside of the "can't miss" Landon Collins, DeSean Jackson type signings, free agency signings have mostly been pretty abysmal here for years.  

This group of incoming players may be fine as roster filler, depth and culture changers, but a 3-13 team needs more than that, and these guys don't come close to moving the needle. 

Just now, murphys4life said:

If we would have signed fuller (10mil) ,conklin (14mil) , hooper (10.5 mil.) id say job well done! we'd have FA money left and still be able to sign chase or tua, but now i think its a definite we trade down for a left tackle and a te. which kills me, maybe they still draft chace or tua, one can hope anyway

I don’t think they’re trading down. They’re going to roll with Haskins. I think Hentges is going to be juuuust fine at TE. We advocate for youth and draft choices but we don’t develop the guys we do snag as young guns. 

The concern for me is LT. But I get the sense that is going to be 71. Most disagree with me, and I hope we move him for a 2. But we’ll see. 

I also think Penn is “in our back pocket” as the wild card.

4 hours ago, tlazarchick31 said:

They can cut him for all I care. Ron himself said you're either in or out. Well he wants to be out but he's still in. So far all I see is a lot of talking from Ron and not a lot of actual doing. 

We want weapons for Haskins (added none)

Wanted a legit backup to push him (added none) 

Said TE is a major need (added a 5th string TE)

It's a contract league, bad contracts are worse than filled needs (see the inept handling of the Houston and St. Louis front offices w/contracts lately). This is a bad team, the only way to fix it is through multiple years of team building, and bad contracts can wreck a quality rebuild. I would love to have found some interesting pieces, but honestly, in FA, there simply wasn't a TE worth the money (only way to get that is via trade this offseason, or through the draft the previous three), if the choice is Cooper at 110+ mill, or no Cooper, that's an easy no, not sure what weapons were available that we worth it? I don't see them. McKissic is a perfectly fine satellite back, hopefully we can trade Dunbar and Silverback and get the ammo necessary to acquire a top 10-12 WR prospect from the draft, that would be a quality move. Perriman was a product of the Tampa System, a great system that's been great at producing huge #'s from a wide variety of sources, if I look at four years of Perriman's minimal production, including a stop here, and I look at one good post-injury stretch where Tampa lost both Godwin and Evans to injury, I'm not impressed enough to offer him a nutty deal and I say this as someone who drafted him in a few dynasty leagues in '15 so I've been paying attention for five years more than most around here. Incredible athlete, son of Brett, has had a lot of struggles, never put it together until he fell into a perfect scenario late last season. That's a pass to me. Do we want to do the same thing we did with Alex Smith? Pay outlier season money to a guy whose never done anything remotely like what he just did before? I see no reason to do that, especially with a team going nowhere. 

Take our medicine, rebuild with smart contracts, and good team building strategy, hopefully Haskins is the real deal, or we can suck enough to be in position to go after a QB in next year's draft with guys like Lawrence and Fields available or we can just get Tua. 

I'm baffled by the concern w/us not making splashes in FA, we suck, I'd rather suck again next year, and have plenty of compensatory picks in the '21 draft as a thank you for sucking, as we figure out over time how to fix this nearly 30 years and counting death march from hell. 

3 minutes ago, murphys4life said:

We are not trading down. No way is RR passing up the best player in the draft. Book it. Hail

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

They didn’t fill a need? CB2? FS? OLB? OL depth? 

those aren’t needs? 

Or they aren’t flashy needs?

No one is saying this team is now a Super Bowl contender. But to build a team you have to have a base. We have no base. It’s a very weak and injured roster. Replacing depth is important, even if you don’t think so.

Fuller is a slot corner who hasn't been good for 3 years. 

Sean Davis isn't a starting caliber FS. He's fast and cant tackle. That sounds like someone already on the roster *cough* Apke *cough* 

Thomas Davis is 37 freaking years old. I don't care that he had 116 tackles or whatever. 

None of the OL signings are starting caliber players.   

Logan Thomas is even worse than Sprinkle and Hentges. 

TE1

TE2 

CB1

LT1 

LG1

FS1

WR1/2 

Those were our needs. And we haven't filled one yet. 

1 minute ago, tlazarchick31 said:

Fuller is a slot corner who hasn't been good for 3 years. 

Sean Davis isn't a starting caliber FS. He's fast and cant tackle. That sounds like someone already on the roster *cough* Apke *cough* 

Thomas Davis is 37 freaking years old. I don't care that he had 116 tackles or whatever. 

None of the OL signings are starting caliber players.   

Logan Thomas is even worse than Sprinkle and Hentges. 

TE1

TE2 

CB1

LT1 

LG1

FS1

WR1/2 

Those were our needs. And we haven't filled one yet. 

LG1 is not a need. Martin is a quality player. 

Fuller is fine at CB. 

Davis is an upgrade at FS. TE2 is likely fine with Hentges. 

Receiver, tackle and TE are the major hurdles remaining. 

I think you enjoy drama.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t think they’re trading down. They’re going to roll with Haskins. I think Hentges is going to be juuuust fine at TE. We advocate for youth and draft choices but we don’t develop the guys we do snag as young guns. 

The concern for me is LT. But I get the sense that is going to be 71. Most disagree with me, and I hope we move him for a 2. But we’ll see. 

I also think Penn is “in our back pocket” as the wild card.

3 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

We are not trading down. No way is RR passing up the best player in the draft. Book it. Hail

i hope you're right

4 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

It's a contract league, bad contracts are worse than filled needs (see the inept handling of the Houston and St. Louis front offices w/contracts lately). This is a bad team, the only way to fix it is through multiple years of team building, and bad contracts can wreck a quality rebuild. I would love to have found some interesting pieces, but honestly, in FA, there simply wasn't a TE worth the money (only way to get that is via trade this offseason, or through the draft the previous three), if the choice is Cooper at 110+ mill, or no Cooper, that's an easy no, not sure what weapons were available that we worth it? I don't see them. McKissic is a perfectly fine satellite back, hopefully we can trade Dunbar and Silverback and get the ammo necessary to acquire a top 10-12 WR prospect from the draft, that would be a quality move. Perriman was a product of the Tampa System, a great system that's been great at producing huge #'s from a wide variety of sources, if I look at four years of Perriman's minimal production, including a stop here, and I look at one good post-injury stretch where Tampa lost both Godwin and Evans to injury, I'm not impressed enough to offer him a nutty deal and I say this as someone who drafted him in a few dynasty leagues in '15 so I've been paying attention for five years more than most around here. Incredible athlete, son of Brett, has had a lot of struggles, never put it together until he fell into a perfect scenario late last season. That's a pass to me. Do we want to do the same thing we did with Alex Smith? Pay outlier season money to a guy whose never done anything remotely like what he just did before? I see no reason to do that, especially with a team going nowhere. 

Take our medicine, rebuild with smart contracts, and good team building strategy, hopefully Haskins is the real deal, or we can suck enough to be in position to go after a QB in next year's draft with guys like Lawrence and Fields available or we can just get Tua. 

I'm baffled by the concern w/us not making splashes in FA, we suck, I'd rather suck again next year, and have plenty of compensatory picks in the '21 draft as a thank you for sucking, as we figure out over time how to fix this nearly 30 years and counting death march from hell. 

Everything rests on Haskins and at this point RR is hanging him out to dry. Give the kid a new piece or two and see how he does with more talent around him. Asking Haskins to elevate the entire team in year two with a worse OL, a giant question mark in the backfield, absolutely nothing at TE and 3 second year WRs who you're praying don't hit a sophomore slump isnt how you analyze your young QB. It's screwing him over. 

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think they went with the overall philosophy that they were going after the best player on the board at a position they could upgrade with a veteran presence, but ultimately they got “Skinned”. 

Agreed. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not massively disheartened so far, it’s just swung from being in on deals all over the place, 110mil on the table for Cooper, to a raft of depth signings and a few stagnant roster issues, ie Trent and Dunbar.

That said, plenty of time to go. Rivera is going to want Cam in my opinion. And we may well see another big move/trade.

When the dust settles I think opinion will be very divided on the outcome. Should bring with it good entertainment on ES.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Didn't realize he has 5 concussions, wow.  Yeah like I said even healthy I wouldn't have given a high pick for him so now for sure I wouldn't.   Keim seems to be hinting they are open to trading for a WR and he wouldn't rule it out.  It smells like he's heard a rumor.  If so I wonder whom?

Can't be him, it makes zero sense to trade for a guy who probably should be retiring after what happened last year. I would have been all over Cooks two or three years ago, not now. Way, way, way too much of a health risk. 

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Fuller is fine at CB. 

I think you enjoy drama.

No I'd enjoy a coach and FO with an actual plan. Fuller is a fine slot corner. We need a CB1 more than CB3.  Davis is not an upgrade over Monate and I can't stand Montae. Davis is an upgrade with this fan base because he said the two magic words "Sean Taylor". Hentges wouldn't be a TE3 on any other team except here. 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Fuller is fine at CB. 

I think you enjoy drama.

I think it’s presumptuous to assume Wes is going to excel because he had a few games where he wasn’t the weakest link on that line. 

Fuller is fine but he’s not a #1 corner

Davis isn’t really much of an upgrade but I do like the depth

Henteges and Sprinkle are fine TE2 but again we are missing a 1. 

If Lucas was brought in with the hope of supplanting Moses, then there’s a chance Moses doesn’t make it through camp. So right now we have question marks at both tackle spots.

7 minutes ago, tlazarchick31 said:

Everything rests on Haskins and at this point RR is hanging him out to dry. Give the kid a new piece or two and see how he does with more talent around him. Asking Haskins to elevate the entire team in year two with a worse OL, a giant question mark in the backfield, absolutely nothing at TE and 3 second year WRs who you're praying don't hit a sophomore slump isnt how you analyze your young QB. It's screwing him over. 

I like several of these signings, and actually think a few of them might not only provide improved depth, but might give some starters a run for their money.

However, I do agree with your take on the fact that they have done nothing to help Haskins out at all. And with the draft leaning towards defense early, I'm not sure where that help is going to come from. Right now it looks like the best they can hope for is similar results from a subpar OL, pray the sophomore WRs and Hentges make huge jumps forward, and that the hobbled RB corps can get/stay healthy. That's a lot to hope for, and is NOT the way I would want to support a young franchise QB.

1 minute ago, tlazarchick31 said:

No I'd enjoy a coach and FO with an actual plan. Fuller is a fine slot corner. We need a CB1 more than CB3.  Davis is not an upgrade over Monate and I can't stand Montae. Davis is an upgrade with this fan base because he said the two magic words "Sean Taylor". Hentges wouldn't be a TE3 on any other team except here. 

Hopeful coaching and scheme can maximize both Davis and Montae. Like idea of having freaks on the team coupled with great coaching. 

It’s been agonizing to watch the Skins defense lack speed on all levels for years— this is beginning to finally change it appears. Not just these two guys but all over. 

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

PFF grades him as a poor run blocker. 

Understandable seeing that he was a drafted NFL QB transitioning to TE only a couple years back. Not many QB can block so he's got a ways to go. But at 6'6 250 and what seems to be a mean streak, I like the pickup.  He'll definitely provide a big target for Haskins.

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Should have fired his agent last summer. The studies are in, the RB age curve goes over the side of a cliff during age 25/26 seasons. When you combine the studies that are in, w/the horrible recent track record of rb's on second deals (admittedly a bit of an aberration, at the same time you see Gurley and David Johnson running off tackle like they just had too much soup at an AARP meeting you also have Frank Gore and AP running at least as hard despite having played collectively what, 20 more seasons than Gurley/Johnson combined?) you've got a league that wants nothing to do with expensive second contract RB's except idiot O'Brien. Gordon was a fool to go after more. I know it's not fair, and not reasonable that RB is the one position where the league treats you like your that guy coughing in the grocery store right about now, but that's the reality, and you can't fight that reality in today's NFL, you take what you can get, while you can get it, and hell, appreciate the knees you will have compared to guys who played far too long like AP and Gore after you retire. 

Archived