Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

I literally have never heard of this dude lol. Doesn't look like he's been anything more than a backup OT for the last 5 years and played sparingly as an injury reserve. That seems like a decent chunk of $$ for that type pf player but then again ... what's a couple mil

*Edit: PFF stats look nice. Big dude too. Depth. I'm good with it.

3 minutes ago, tlazarchick31 said:

Rivera is doing Haskins dirty. You're never going to get a proper eval of this kid 

How is he doing Haskins dirty? The only other QB on the roster is Alex Smith who may never play football again. Everything else is just noise.

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Rather give someone like Matt Moore the backup spot. I don’t want any potential controversy if Haskins struggles out the gates. Give the guy the year, let him start all 16 games. Flip-flopping between QBs just to get to 8 wins does absolutely nothing for us. People are already anti-Haskins and unless he comes out throwing for 400 yards and 5 TD, those people will be demanding a switch. No Winston, no Flacco, no Cam. 

yeah great idea... that way we are almost certain to have a high pick next year. The whole point is you bring a backup who is good enough to win games as a starter

11 minutes ago, tlazarchick31 said:

Rivera is doing Haskins dirty. You're never going to get a proper eval of this kid 

Your theory is that Rivera is sabotaging his best chance at competitiveness then? Interesting. 

Or do you think it's more likely he just has a plan that's different from yours? 

57 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

What do you think about kicking the tires on Joe Flacco now that he has been released by Broncos as a backup quarterback?

Probably aren't going to do much better, so...maybe? I don't think Flacco has much of a reputation for being a "teacher". So if they wanted more of a mentor for Haskins, Flacco probably ain't the guy. But most back-up QB choices are pretty meh, and Flacco is probably the best of the meh unless you count Winston. But Winston carries other baggage and I know Keim shot that one down already.

Don’t get the hand wringing over our depth signings. Gotta fill holes on the first, second, and third layers of the depth chart... especially with new systems on both sides. Scheme fit is imperative. 

we went from 2 or 3 legit 4-3 linebackers to enough to withstand injuries and create legit competition. You’re only as strong as your weakest link, and if you have to start playing folks out of position (like we historically do), that’s when the good coaches attack. 

Would’ve like to shore up TE, backup QB, LT, WR. and FS by now.  But there’s time for the market to settle and keep prices reasonable. No need to spend everything the first two days on guys that may not be worth it

Archived