Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

I mean we are just trawling around adding depth here. 

2 year 5mil, likely means 2m cap hit this year, knocks someone else out the cap calculation, net effect 1.5mil cap increase.

So, very small change for a depth/swing tackle.

that said, I think it is fair to say it’s generally uninspiring so far.

1 minute ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Don’t get the hand wringing over our depth signings. Gotta fill holes on the first, second, and third layers of the depth chart... especially with new systems on both sides. Scheme fit is imperative. 

I'm with you. The weakness of the Cerrato years was that we had good starters, but the moment a starter got injured or needed to be subbed out we were dead in the water. The last few years injuries decimated us. The NFL is a game of attrition. You need good back ups. It's also nice to have hungry guys who might be backups now, but have the potential and will to fight for more

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Come on Steve, this is the Redskins.  These are the guys who will be forced into the starting lineup in October due to injuries, then go on IR themselves in November.  If you want to see the guys who will be playing in December, go look xfl rosters.

I'm ok with Lucas signing.  He isn't being brought in to be the future LT.  just depth.  At 6 ft 9 in, he is a tall dude.  Let's hope he continues to improve here.  Remember, there wasn't much fanfare when we signed ty nsekhe.  That worked out pretty well.

2 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Lucas got backup money.  This makes it seem like Geron could be the starter.

4 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Lucas got backup money.  This makes it seem like Geron could be the starter.

Not if he looks bad in camp.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Not if he looks bad in camp.

I think Christian getting cut is more likely than him winning a starting job. Not that I'm giving up on him, but he hasn't shown much. I think you can pencil Lucas into swing tackle role, not a starter, and skins will try to bring in Penn, or a FA such as Peters, to fill starting LT.  Or maybe that guy who played LT for us for awhile who hasn't been moved yet, ole what's his name.

15 minutes ago, murphys4life said:

I've seen enough of the free agent bums, we're locking up last place in div. and a top 5 pick next year, and we won't even draft Chase, we'll trade out for a few extra picks, and no the trade back won't be for a kings ransom!

Gald they are not doing stuff to please folks like you who love big-name players. Folks that love winning the offseason.

I will for once like to have a team built with players who when they beat you, you are left scratching your head asking, "who are these guys?"

The culture is changing.

They are not going for big-name players. They are going for football players that will play hard, play smart and compete. 

Ps., don't forget in a hurry the contributions from the likes of Donald Penn, Nate Orchard and even the entire secondary later on in the season. They played hard. I can't imagine how good they could be if they had a full training camp, understood the schemes and the playbook. I like players with something to prove.

Cap space down at about 35mil.

Trade Dunbar and Trent gets in back to 50mil.

Restructure Kerrigan, Extend Scherff likely gets us to 55-60mil range again.

We are playing the small game now. I’m sure we’re going to blow our wad on something(s) soon.....

5 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

Gald they are not doing stuff to please folks like you who love big name players. Folks that love winning the off season.

I will for once like to have a team built with players who when they beat you, you are left scratching your head asking, "who are these guys?"

The culture is changing.

They are not going for big-name players. They are going for football players that will play hard, play smart and compete. 

Ps., don't forget in a hurry the contributions from the likes of Donald Penn, Nate Orchard and even the entire secondary later on in the season. They played hard. I can't imagine how good they could be if they had a full training camp, understood the schemes and the playbook. I like players with something to proof.

other that fuller all the guys we signed could have waited, they need to fill holes with real starters ,not sign these guys in the first 3 days of FA, we're 3-13 team and trying to create comp. with our guys that wouldn't start for good teams, the money we're spending is adding up, so when the draft is over and more cuts are made we'll be broke.

13 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I mean we are just trawling around adding depth here. 

2 year 5mil, likely means 2m cap hit this year, knocks someone else out the cap calculation, net effect 1.5mil cap increase.

So, very small change for a depth/swing tackle.

that said, I think it is fair to say it’s generally uninspiring so far.

I Agree 100%  we have added depth ....our division has all  bettered themselves ..we had good available money ...

even teams without money pulled off big trades .. Williams  no draft picks .no name TE...No  jersey  name players ...its not over but not impressed

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

We are playing the small game now. I’m sure we’re going to blow our wad on something(s) soon.....

Don't think it's happening this year. There's really not that much worth buying at this point. I guess you never know who might come free, but I suspect it's an attempt to carry over more into 2021. If you really wanted to spend now, it's like playing a fantasy sports auction league and leaving too much money on the table. Then just buying Joe Flacco for $40 bucks because he's the best option left and you had money to burn.

8 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

Gald they are not doing stuff to please folks like you who love big-name players. Folks that love winning the offseason.

The culture is changing.

Ps., don't forget in a hurry the contributions from the likes of Donald Penn, Nate Orchard and even the entire secondary later on in the season. They played hard. I can't imagine how good they could be if they had a full training camp, understood the schemes and the playbook. I like players with something to prove.

Yeah that's it. This will be the first staff in history to turn fringe roster players into all pros. Good God this fan base is so naive 

7 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

The culture is changing.

You are characterizing Ceratto offseasons, not Bruce Allen ones.  This is a very Bruce Allen offseason to this point.  Doesn't mean it won't pan out, but still...

9 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

Who knows?? Maybe 6 wins!!!

1 minute ago, riggis5124 said:

we didn't lose because of christian our swing tackle last year or our backups, we lost because our starters suck, let worry about starters befor we waste half or more of our FAmoney

10 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

Gald they are not doing stuff to please folks like you who love big name players. Folks that love winning the off season.

The culture is changing.

Ps., don't forget in a hurry the contributions from the likes of Donald Penn, Nate Orchard and even the entire secondary later on in the season. They played hard. I can't imagine how good they could be if they had a full training camp, understood the schemes and the playbook. I like players with something to proof.

give me a break, not asking for just big names, the guys were signing arn't starters for the teams theyre leaving 

Archived