Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Suspicious, someone just signs up, and then goes full on raging troll mode.

Meanwhile, back to actual FA, are there any actual playmakers left we should go after?

11 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Cooks is under contract through the 2023 season and is set to make $8 million with a cap hit of $16.8 million this season.

Brandin Cooks signed a five year, $81 million contract extension with the Rams on July 18, 2018. Cooks contract contains $50.459 million in guarantees.

Wow, hard pass. The Rams have some brutal contract on their roster between Gurley, Cooks and others I'm sure...

1 minute ago, tlazarchick31 said:

Ron himself said he doesn't believe in 5 year rebuilds. The team has talent in spots sure, but it also has some pretty big holes to go along with that talent. This team will only go as far as Haskins does. Terry is great. But outside of him Haskins has zero in terms of TEs and a very big question mark at RB, a really sub par OL and young inexperienced WRs. Banking you hitting on the perfect storm of Guice staying healthy, Love coming back healthy, AP not falling off a cliff, both your young WRs step up, your project TEs becoming good and your patch work holding together is a really bad plan. 

But you do not know that's the plan. It may be for 1 yr. And while he may not be in favor of a 5 yr rebuild - this team is not one season from being competitive. There will be some weaknesses. Also, we have not even had the draft yet. 

The D has a chance to be good - starting with a very aggressive Dline. And i disagree that Terry is it. And you don't need all 3 RBs to come through just 1 and as I said you can get a decent RB in the middle rounds if you pay attestation. 

You are putting the expectation that they be extremely aggressive - becasue that's what fans want - I am the same for the most part. There is a part of me that says get on with it. But the fact is it's just getting started. Barely even getting started. 

i am glad they are taking their time and being deliberate. There is not a single FA I would want for the money they got. 

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Didn't realize he has 5 concussions, wow.  Yeah like I said even healthy I wouldn't have given a high pick for him so now for sure I wouldn't.   Keim seems to be hinting they are open to trading for a WR and he wouldn't rule it out.  It smells like he's heard a rumor.  If so I wonder whom?

I had him in Fantasy last year and he was worthless. Started the season slow behind Kupp and Woods then had two concussions. By the time he returned at the end of the year he played alright, but was clearly the 3rd option in the passing game (4th if you include Gerald Everett).

The concussions scare me. If we traded for him I have no doubt that he could go for 800-1,000 yards but he could also get a concussion and miss the entire season.

I wonder if the OBJ on the trade block rumors are true.

Trent for OBJ straight up.. would you do it? I would in a second, even though I can't stand the guy.

His last 3 years on his contract are for around $13.5 million apy.

He's had 1000 yard seasons every year except the one when he broke his leg. Even for the browns last year he still had 1000 and they sucked as bad as we did.

36 minutes ago, tlazarchick31 said:

They can cut him for all I care. Ron himself said you're either in or out. Well he wants to be out but he's still in. So far all I see is a lot of talking from Ron and not a lot of actual doing. 

We want weapons for Haskins (added none)

Wanted a legit backup to push him (added none) 

Said TE is a major need (added a 5th string TE)

Sir, do you like to jog? 

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Didn't realize he has 5 concussions, wow.  Yeah like I said even healthy I wouldn't have given a high pick for him so now for sure I wouldn't.   Keim seems to be hinting they are open to trading for a WR and he wouldn't rule it out.  It smells like he's heard a rumor.  If so I wonder whom?

The Rams might be happy just getting some cap relief, if they want to do something similar to what they did with Talib it may be a low risk option for us.

Just now, crabbypatty said:

Trent for OBJ straight up.. would you do it? I would in a second, even though I can't stand the guy.

He's had 1000 yard seasons every year except the one when he broke his leg. Even for the browns last year he still had 1000 and they sucked as bad as we did.

No point in having any receivers if our OL is gonna look like this when the season starts.

The fact we’re debating bringing back Donald Penn for another year at LT is frightening. I don’t know why this team keeps expecting to catch lightening in a bottle. May as well try and convince Vernon Davis to unretire as well.

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Wow, hard pass. The Rams have some brutal contract on their roster between Gurley, Cooks and others I'm sure...

Trading Cooks this year would give the Rams a $13M dead cap charge. They want to create cap space not waste it. Don't see how that happens.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

No point in having any receivers if our OL is gonna look like this when the season starts.

The fact we’re debating bringing back Donald Penn for another year at LT is frightening. I don’t know why this team keeps expecting to catch lightening in a bottle. May as well try and convince Vernon Davis to unretire as well.

Yep. Going to get Haskins killed next year. 

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

This is kind of my position as well. I don't think we needed to be spending $20M.a tear on a WR.

We were the first team since 1970 to start a rookie QB and 3 rookie WR's together last year.  And all the receivers showed they can play in the NFL. Terry is obviously a stud - all that going to stop him becoming a star is staying clear of injury. Harmon and Simms showed real promise. Simms needs to work on tracking the deep ball but he showed a nose for the end zone and I thought Harmon did really well late in the season as a possession type receiver - he has really strong hands for a start.

But Harmon is probably a #4 WR on a good group - Terry is a #1. Simms will be the slot. I think we need to add a good #2 (Anderson or a cheaper option like say Funchess) and then we are good to go. It's a very deep WR draft class as well to add depth and competition.

TE and LT are the spots on offense I am worried about (I am assuming Trent is gone). And CB on defense (especially if Dunbar wants out). Still work to do in those areas in free agency IMO.

If we could add Anderson and his speed we roll with three burners at WR (Simms Jr, T-Mac). TE could then be focused on in the draft. We did sign Dwayne's TE from OSU two weeks ago too, Baugh so maybe we roll with Sprinkle, Hentges, Baugh, the new guy we just signed and a rookie? Or, maybe someone like Eifert or Delaney Walker is brought in? 

Left tackle is the real issue for me...I just can't see dealing Trent if we don't have someone to replace him. 

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

The Rams might be happy just getting some cap relief, if they want to do something similar to what they did with Talib it may be a low risk option for us.

If they get him cheap, I am ok with it.  He's put up monster numbers.  But yeah the two concussions -- 5 in his career makes me pause.  But if they can get him for a ham sandwich what the heck. 

And again personally i don't feel desperate for a receiver.  But apparently they might be for whatever reason so I'll go for the ride. 

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

AJ Green maybe?

Doubt it if the story is true that Burrow urged Cincy to keep AJ Green and that's part of what drive them to tag him. 

@PartyPosse Look ... Many have said that the LT market is waiting for the Trent domino to fall. There really weren't / aren't great FA options at LT unless you want to plug a Donal Penn in and draft a young guy in the mid rounds to compete and hope to get a stud in the 2021 draft. Daryl Williams could be a versatile T/G option too, but he may be a bit more pricey. He was with Carolina last year.

I think we are going with Chase Young at 2. But any form of trade-down will surely address LT. So I am not freaking out about that yet and I have been resigned to the fact that LT will be a bit of an issue this year. No getting around it. Best case scenario is Daryl Williams + a 2nd or 3rd with the TW trade.

And then there's this ... which would obviously change ... everything ... but a lot to unfold on that front.

6 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

If the Skins are hell bent on dealing Trent and the Browns offer up OBJ straight up I would have to consider it, assuming it's the best offer we have gotten. But I just don't see a guy like RR bringing in a distraction like OBJ when trying to build a culture. Good question....

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Kelvin Beachum is still out there - but I agree LT is a concern.

Rest of the line is set Martin at LG, Roulier at C, Scherff at RG and Moses at RT.

Schwetzer will compete for the LG spot and provider depth at LG/C/RG. Tackle depth is horrible though.

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Trading Cooks this year would give the Rams a $13M dead cap charge. They want to create cap space not waste it. Don't see how that happens.

Why couldn't the team signing him absorb some of that to make the trade work?  Is there something that says the accelerated bonuses that hit the Rams cap cant be absorbed by the team trading for him?

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

If the Skins are hell bent on dealing Trent and the Browns offer up OBJ straight up I would have to consider it, assuming it's the best offer we have gotten. But I just don't see a guy like RR bringing in a distraction like OBJ when trying to build a culture. Good question....

Don't think OBJ fits what RR is looking or in a player.   Just a guess. :)

24 minutes ago, wit33 said:

I’m also intrigued by Perryman, due to being an absolute sucker for speed and wanting to pair it with Haskins elite arm. Also, Perryman will most likely always have a low catch percentage due to type of routes he runs. 

that's not been the story so much on Perriman.  It's been drops.  I am ok with Perriman if he's cheap.  I just have the philosophy of buyer beware when it comes to players that have had a number of mediocre to bad years and then has one decent albeit not that great of a season -- its perfectly plausible to me that said player returns to the norm as opposed to start an upwards trajectory.  But if he's cheap, I'd be fine with it.  But I am not paying a dude like that lets say 8 million a year. 

https://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/45477/breshad-perriman-from-top-pick-to-ravens-public-enemy-no-1

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Breshad Perriman's fresh start to the season lasted only a few minutes into the first day of training camp.

Running a simple 10-yard comeback route with no defender on him, Perriman watched a pass carom off both of his hands, resulting in a collective groan from the fans. Then Perriman pulled in the next throw, which led to mock cheers.

Someone yelled, "Oh my God, he caught it."

The fall for Perriman has been dramatic, painful and merciless. In 2015, he was the 26th player selected in the draft and some draft experts labeled him the next Dez Bryant. Three years later, Perriman's three significant injuries and an alarming number of dropped passes have put him on the roster bubble and in the bulls-eye for fans.

He gets ripped on social media. He gets criticized by the media. Even if he avoids Twitter and sports websites, he hears it from the 2,000 fans who sit a short toss away from him on the practice field every day this summer.

This is the pressure that mounts for a player who could be remembered as the Baltimore Ravens' biggest first-round bust. Perriman has managed just 43 catches for 576 yards in 27 games, and he was the NFL's worst-graded wide receiver last season by Pro Football Focus.

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

@PartyPosse Look ... Many have said that the LT market is waiting for the Trent domino to fall. There really weren't / aren't great FA options at LT unless you want to plug a Donal Penn in and draft a young guy in the mid rounds to compete and hope to get a stud in the 2021 draft. Daryl Williams could be a versatile T/G option too, but he may be a bit more pricey. He was with Carolina last year.

I think we are going with Chase Young at 2. But any form of trade-down will surely address LT. So I am not freaking out about that yet and I have been resigned to the fact that LT will be a bit of an issue this year. No getting around it. Best case scenario is Daryl Williams + a 2nd or 3rd with the TW trade.

And that’s fine. I’m not expecting to find another elite talent like Trent to replace him, but right now the entire offense, particularly DH is in evaluation mode and it’s going to be incredibly hard to evaluate what we have without competent line play. I don’t mind the idea of overpaying for a LT even if he’s average. We need bodies there because right now it’s Geron’s job to protect Dwayne’s blindside. Think about that. It’s almost like Ron is purposely getting these Bargain basement pass catchers out of the backfield (like Macissac) and neglecting the line to almost teach Dwayne to get rid of the ball quicker. 

If Dwayne has an average year but gets sacked 50 times (plus pressured about 200 times more), have we really learned anything? It’s like continually giving Jay Gruden a pass because the team was constantly injured.

Archived