Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

10 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Some of the people posting here tonight are anything but a fan. We have people who have never even posted here before trying to get a rise out of people. Colin Cowherd fans I'm sure. Not going to get any more warning points arguing and starting **** with trolls. Hail  (but I sure would like to...)

hey kool-aid boy, i'm a fan, i also call it like i see it, not trying to rattle anyone's cage. my opinion is depth is great but depth on a 3-13 team is crappy depth!

4 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

I am surprised Logan Ryan has not been picked up by anyone at this point. He is a solid CB. Would love to see him take Dunbar's spot when we finally trade or release him.

There’s still so many options out there. The people who are already frustrated are likely only reflecting their experiences as Redskin fans from decades of being beaten down and not using common sense. 

Last I knew, Malcom Jenkins, Perriman, Ryan, Penn, etc., are still out there. There are still some really intriguing options in FA. It’s going to be interesting seeing how it plays out.

2 minutes ago, murphys4life said:

hey kool-aid boy, i'm a fan, i also call it like i see it, not trying to rattle anyone's cage. my opinion is depth is great but depth on a 3-13 team is crappy depth!

Exactly. Hence the need to upgrade it.

26 minutes ago, redrobert said:

B5526C57-FB4B-40AC-8EDA-E08DD7673784.jpeg

Thoughts?

Never heard of him but at this point I'd take a flyer on just about anybody with NFL experience and potential but this would really be scraping the bottom of the barrel 

Ricky Seals-Jones

With that mugshot he sure won't be a candidate for The Bachelor. 

From the combine: 

• 4.69 SEC 40 yd dash
  • 17 REPS bench press
  • 28.0 INCH vertical jump
  • 121.0 INCH broad jump
  • 7.46 SEC 3 cone drill
  • 4.33 SEC 20 yd shuttle
  • 11.85 S 60 yd shuttle 

• 6'5"HEIGHT
  • 33 1/8"ARM LENGTH
  • 243LBS.WEIGHT
  • 9 5/8"HANDS

OVERVIEW

Seals-Jones was so coveted as a five-star receiver recruit that his father admitted two major programs offered six-digit "signing bonuses" for his son to sign on the dotted line. Apparently, Kevin Sumlin and A&M didn't play that game, though Seals-Jones didn't have a great career in College Station. The cousin of NFL Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson played two games in 2013 before being injured after getting hit while slowing down going into the end zone. Seals-Jones started 10 games the next season (49-465, four TDs) and 11 as a sophomore (45-560, four TDs). He finished his career with down numbers (eight starts, 26-333, TD) also working through a leg injury.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Has experience against quality defensive backs and linebackers in college. Enormous wide receiver who carries a tight end's frame. Has ability to get physical against smaller defensive backs after the catch. Good competitor with desired play strength through his routes. Could be utilized as matchup tight end on the next level. Functional blocker from the slot.

WEAKNESSES

Slow off the line of scrimmage and into his routes. Has no burst separation out of his breaks and is coverage magnet against man. Hands have been unforgiving his entire career. Double-digit drop rate for his career is disappointing. Non-factor in red-zone and unable to muscle up and win contested catches. Needed a year with his hand in the ground for transition to tight end.

SOURCES TELL US

"He looks great in that uniform but he can't get open. Usually you fear guys with that kind of size when they make it down near your end zone but he never competed hard enough down there when we played him." - SEC defensive backs coach

BOTTOM LINE

Seals-Jones failed to live up to his "five-star" rating out of high school thanks to a lack of speed and separation quickness that was exposed in the speedy SEC. Separation on the next level will get even tougher and many teams see him as a tight end who may have to add weight and prove he can get after people as an in-line blocker to make an NFL roster. -Lance Zierlein

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ricky-seals-jones?id=2558142

2 minutes ago, murphys4life said:

Kool-aid boy?  Maybe you should research my posts. I do not appreciate your verbiage there champ. My children are probably older than you. Enough. Enjoy. Hail

Just now, Riggo'sRangers said:

Kool-aid boy?  Maybe you should research my posts. I do not appreciate your verbiage there champ. My children are probably older than you. Enough. Enjoy. Hail

quit throwing the word troll out there just because you don't agree with them. champ

2 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

1 minute ago, murphys4life said:

quit throwing the word troll out there just because you don't agree with them. champ

Fellas, we’re Skins fans. Some of us more jovial. Some more rose colored glasses. Some more beaten and defeated. Some more realist. But we’ve all suffered together for decades.

In the face of this virus, now is not the time to fall apart but rather come together! As one! As a group of people who have looked defeat in the eye (over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... and over again) and continued to lose!

BUT WE NEVER QUIT, DAMNIT!

Now, hold hands and sing the Macarana.

My problem with Ron and Kyle is there's no clear direction. You get Ron saying we don't need a long rebuild. Ok got it. Then you have nothing but fringe roster signings. Except for Fuller you can make a case that the rest of the signings have a decent shot to NOT make the roster. If that's your direction then trade Kerrigan. Trade Trent. Trade Dunbar. Trade Scherff. Trade Collins. At least give us a clear direction. Not this halfway stuck between rebuild or retool or tanking. The straight up neglect for getting Haskins some other guys to work with is absolutely criminal at this point. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

In the face of this virus, now is not the time to fall apart but rather come together!

Actually, throwing out empty internet threats and flaming one another is perfectly acceptable social distancing activity 👍

1 minute ago, tlazarchick31 said:

My problem with Ron and Kyle is there's no clear direction. You get Ron saying we don't need a long rebuild. Ok got it. Then you have nothing but fringe roster signings. Except for Fuller you can make a case that the rest of the signings have a decent shot to NOT make the roster. If that's your direction then trade Kerrigan. Trade Trent. Trade Dunbar. Trade Scherff. Trade Collins. At least give us a clear direction. Not this halfway stuck between rebuild or retool or tanking. The straight up neglect for getting Haskins some other guys to work with is absolutely criminal at this point. 

But it's day 1 of free agency! LOL  Games start in September. And just becasue you can't see their direction does not mean they do not have one. They still have plenty of time. No reason to be in any hurry other than to placate impatient fans ...  🙂  

1 minute ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

I used it one time, not in the most recent post. Sorry if I struck a nerve. My most sincere apologies. 

no nerve struck, i'm a life long skin fan, i'm not a troll by any means, 20 post in 10 years , i just don't agree with our FAs as of now, i get not adressing LT while still no trade with TW but other than fuller i see no FA starting for us next year. 

1 minute ago, Bifflog said:

Actually, throwing out empty internet threats and flaming one another is perfectly acceptable social distancing activity 👍

Just now, Riggo'sRangers said:

I'll work on that KDawg...hate that ****ing song (dance?)  Btw.  Pick another tune and I will take it under consideration. :) Hail

Everyone’s a critic. 

Just now, murphys4life said:

no nerve struck, i'm a life long skin fan, i'm not a troll by any means, 20 post in 10 years , i just don't agree with our FAs as of now, i get not adressing LT while still no trade with TW but other than fuller i see no FA starting for us next year. 

It's all good. I am somewhat frustrated as well, but am a battered Skins fan. That would be a great screen name if not already taken. Where has BSF been lately anyway? Stick around & keep posting. Btw, my original post was not directed at you at all, truly. Hail

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Fellas, we’re Skins fans. Some of us more jovial. Some more rose colored glasses. Some more beaten and defeated. Some more realist. But we’ve all suffered together for decades.

In the face of this virus, now is not the time to fall apart but rather come together! As one! As a group of people who have looked defeat in the eye (over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... and over again) and continued to lose!

BUT WE NEVER QUIT, DAMNIT!

Now, hold hands and sing the Macarana.

PREACH BROTHER!!!

12 minutes ago, tlazarchick31 said:

I agree. Ron also seems to have a lot of baggage follow him around in terms of players. Not sure if it’s his fault or not but at this point I expect the redskins to rescind the tag on Scherff and let him walk.

4 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

It's all good. I am somewhat frustrated as well, but am a battered Skins fan. That would be a great screen name if not already taken. Where has BSF been lately anyway? Stick around & keep posting. Btw, my original post was not directed at you at all, truly. Hail

lol, i'm on edge myself, i'm scared the direction of our FA is going to be trade down to fill holes not being filled now , but its still early, i'm for getting young or tua but not trading down.

For all of the fans saying we're missing the key free agents to make this team better, maybe the coaching staff likes the roster and don't think we need that many starters, just need to be coached better and better depth.  I think we put so much into stats and metrics for players, but not enough into coaching being the biggest change.  Do your u think the Patriots had all these pro bowl players?  Coaching can turn your avg player into a pro bowler!!!!

27 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Never heard of him but at this point I'd take a flyer on just about anybody with NFL experience and potential.

Ricky Seals-Jones

From the combine: 

• 4.69 SEC 40 yd dash
  • 17 REPS bench press
  • 28.0 INCH vertical jump
  • 121.0 INCH broad jump
  • 7.46 SEC 3 cone drill
  • 4.33 SEC 20 yd shuttle
  • 11.85 S 60 yd shuttle 

• 6'5"HEIGHT
  • 33 1/8"ARM LENGTH
  • 243LBS.WEIGHT
  • 9 5/8"HANDS

OVERVIEW

Seals-Jones was so coveted as a five-star receiver recruit that his father admitted two major programs offered six-digit "signing bonuses" for his son to sign on the dotted line. Apparently, Kevin Sumlin and A&M didn't play that game, though Seals-Jones didn't have a great career in College Station. The cousin of NFL Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson played two games in 2013 before being injured after getting hit while slowing down going into the end zone. Seals-Jones started 10 games the next season (49-465, four TDs) and 11 as a sophomore (45-560, four TDs). He finished his career with down numbers (eight starts, 26-333, TD) also working through a leg injury.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Has experience against quality defensive backs and linebackers in college. Enormous wide receiver who carries a tight end's frame. Has ability to get physical against smaller defensive backs after the catch. Good competitor with desired play strength through his routes. Could be utilized as matchup tight end on the next level. Functional blocker from the slot.

WEAKNESSES

Slow off the line of scrimmage and into his routes. Has no burst separation out of his breaks and is coverage magnet against man. Hands have been unforgiving his entire career. Double-digit drop rate for his career is disappointing. Non-factor in red-zone and unable to muscle up and win contested catches. Needed a year with his hand in the ground for transition to tight end.

SOURCES TELL US

"He looks great in that uniform but he can't get open. Usually you fear guys with that kind of size when they make it down near your end zone but he never competed hard enough down there when we played him." - SEC defensive backs coach

BOTTOM LINE

Seals-Jones failed to live up to his "five-star" rating out of high school thanks to a lack of speed and separation quickness that was exposed in the speedy SEC. Separation on the next level will get even tougher and many teams see him as a tight end who may have to add weight and prove he can get after people as an in-line blocker to make an NFL roster. -Lance Zierlein

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ricky-seals-jones?id=2558142

I imagine the latter points being indicted may refer to his lacking explosion and agility drills (14th and 27th percentile) but he did have 4.69 speed which is good speed for a TE, been surprised that he never put it all together, I like him but this would be his third team, eventually the problem is "you" rather than the teams that keep cutting you. 

Archived