Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I agree. Ron also seems to have a lot of baggage follow him around in terms of players. Not sure if it’s his fault or not but at this point I expect the redskins to rescind the tag on Scherff and let him walk.

Why would they do that? Makes no sense. Also, if he signs it they can't rescind. If I were him I would be waiting to sign the tag and do so immediately. That's what Kirk did. It puts the leverage back with the player. And that was Gettleman who rescinded Norman - not RR. And they could do that becasue Norman had not signed the tender yet. 

1 minute ago, SumTingWong said:

Awwww all's well that ends well.

I did learn something though:

The next time I'm in an internet scuffle I'm definitely ending my take by calling someone  "champ". It really has a nice zing to it. lol

slick works too, my 1st sgt once called me that

I think hungry players are also far more coachable. I don’t pretend to know their process or thoughts but I do like the people in charge. Willing to see their plan play out before I resort to the (usually eventual) hate and vitriol 

21 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Games start in September. 

598B912B-F5DC-408F-8395-6F769D2ACD83.gif

39 minutes ago, murphys4life said:

hey kool-aid boy

DE47828B-A5DA-4D0B-A8FD-2AF8157889F0.gif

10 minutes ago, dckey said:

maybe the coaching staff likes the roster and don't think we need that many starters, just need to be coached better

The coaching we had last year....  lit up coach we have this year.

Cornelius Lucas new Redskins OT.

You can't teach size...

(that's what she said)

Nickname: "The Mammoth Stallion" (given to him by his girlfriend Zira) 

Kansas State offensive linesman Cornelius Lucas (78) gets set on the line of scrimmage during the first half of an NCAA college football game against Iowa State, Saturday, Oct. 13, 2012, in Ames, Iowa. (AP Photo/Charlie Neibergall)

From Bleacher Report prior to the 2014 draft:

Cornelius Lucas, LT, Kansas State (HT: 6'8", WT: 330 lbs)

NFL Comparison: Anthony Castonzo, LT, Indianapolis Colts

pixel.gif
pixel.gifpixel.gif

Positives

• Clearly an absolute giant and a mountain of a man.
  • Intimidating size and wingspan.
  • Possesses the length to execute reach blocks and stay effectively engaged with first-­level defenders in Kansas State's zone­-blocking, read-and-veer­-option schemes when focused.
  • Has flashed the agility to make athletic cut blocks in space to clear second-­level lanes.
  • Transitions from stance to a functional—if somewhat balky—kick ­slide smoothly and generally maintains proper depth.
  • Pure size and length on the edge makes for a formidable boundary, even in the presence of fundamental and technique issues.
  • Earned first-­team All­-Big 12 honors from the coaches in his junior season and received honorable mention honors as a senior.
  • Has deceptive quickness given his size.
  • Kansas State's top NFL draft prospect in 2013.
  • Generally thought of as a player coming into the 2013 season who could elevate his stock to first- or second­-round status with a big senior campaign.
  • Tallest offensive lineman measured at the 2014 combine.
  • Longest arms of all offensive linemen measured at the 2014 combine.
pixel.gif

Negatives

• Overall power is as underwhelming as his size is intimidating.
  • Often seems lost. 
  • Slow reaction time to disguised and delayed blitzes; gets locked on one thing and doesn't come off.
  • Wide, lumbering upper ­body that seems sluggish in movements and top heavy.
  • Got away with numerous holding penalties at the college level in attempts to overcome bad initial positioning.
  • Does not drive opponents off the line of scrimmage in the run game; in most cases, he simply flows with them laterally, clogging zone lanes.
  • Frequently can't even get a good push upfield when aiding in the combo­ block of a sole down defender.
  • Needs major development in countering hand moves and understanding leverage.
  • Can get dominated by disruptive interior defensive line presences that play with a low base and good motor.
  • Allowed two sacks, three QB hits and two QB pressures to DE Jackson Jeffcoat of Texas in 2013.
  • Failed to capitalize or improve in 2013 upon what many evaluators viewed as a breakout junior campaign in 2012.
  • Did not participate in combine drills due to a stress fracture in his foot, which will sideline him six to eight weeks during his critical pre-draft training window.
pixel.gif

Personal Notes

• Native of New Orleans, La.
  • Committed to Kansas State out of high school over a hometown offer from Tulane.
  • Son of the late Cornelius Lucas III and Priscilla Jones.
  • A marketing major in college.
  • Despite massive size, he was only rated a 2-­star prospect by Rivals in the 2009 recruiting class.

Ratings Chart

pixel.gif

Overall

Lucas passes the eyeball test in almost every sense of the word. He looks like a long-­limbed oak tree between the quarterback's blind side and the defender. His feet are better than evaluators could reasonably expect, and the reasons for such optimism prior to Lucas' senior campaign were well­ founded. At times through the 2013 season, though, he looked on the verge of un­draftable. Lucas has been a "work in progress" for his entire career, which is unnerving to evaluators. He had numerous flaws in his game exposed through 2013. The team that drafts Lucas will be doing so with the understanding that it is buying a lottery ticket.

Draft Projection: 6th Round

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1965297-cornelius-lucas-scouting-report-nfl-outlook-for-kansas-state-offensive-tackle

35 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Fellas, we’re Skins fans. Some of us more jovial. Some more rose colored glasses. Some more beaten and defeated. Some more realist. But we’ve all suffered together for decades.

In the face of this virus, now is not the time to fall apart but rather come together! As one! As a group of people who have looked defeat in the eye (over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... and over again) and continued to lose!

BUT WE NEVER QUIT, DAMNIT!

Now, hold hands and sing the Macarana.

We cant hold hands though...??

1 minute ago, SumTingWong said:

Negatives

• Overall power is as underwhelming as his size is intimidating.
  • Often seems lost. 
  • Slow reaction time to disguised and delayed blitzes; gets locked on one thing and doesn't come off.
  • Wide, lumbering upper ­body that seems sluggish in movements and top heavy.
  • Got away with numerous holding penalties at the college level in attempts to overcome bad initial positioning.
  • Does not drive opponents off the line of scrimmage in the run game; in most cases, he simply flows with them laterally, clogging zone lanes.
  • Frequently can't even get a good push upfield when aiding in the combo­ block of a sole down defender.
  • Needs major development in countering hand moves and understanding leverage.
  • Can get dominated by disruptive interior defensive line presences that play with a low base and good motor.
  • Allowed two sacks, three QB hits and two QB pressures to DE Jackson Jeffcoat of Texas in 2013.
  • Failed to capitalize or improve in 2013 upon what many evaluators viewed as a breakout junior campaign in 2012.
  • Did not participate in combine drills due to a stress fracture in his foot, which will sideline him six to eight weeks during his critical pre-draft training window.
pixel.gif

I find it concerning how long it took me to scroll through the negatives. 

11 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Why would they do that? Makes no sense. Also, if he signs it they can't rescind. If I were him I would be waiting to sign the tag and do so immediately. That's what Kirk did. It puts the leverage back with the player. And that was Gettleman who rescinded Norman - not RR. And they could do that becasue Norman had not signed the tender yet. 

And Scherff hasn’t signed yet. Like I said, I doubt anything that happened in Carolina in terms of player drama was Ron’s fault, but there is a pattern with stars Steve Smith, Norman, Newton.

Again, it has nothing to do with Rivera, but I really wouldn’t be surprised if Scherff doesn’t sign and we end up rescinding they tag.

3 hours ago, Bifflog said:

This is a very Bruce Allen offseason to this point

Bruce Allen is more of a "need an impact player at X position, so overpay two mediocre players with flags and upside, or overpay a backup to be a starter and have lofty expectations".

This is just building a locker room, a base of players with a similar mindset, setting a baseline of work ethic and competition. 

Allen would be overpaying a WR3 and wouldn't have gone after Cooper. Vinny, would have paid Cooper $30mil a year, Ron likes the base we have already, wanted to add the best, couldn't and moved on. It's pretty awesome. 

30 minutes ago, tlazarchick31 said:

My problem with Ron and Kyle is there's no clear direction. You get Ron saying we don't need a long rebuild. Ok got it. Then you have nothing but fringe roster signings. Except for Fuller you can make a case that the rest of the signings have a decent shot to NOT make the roster. If that's your direction then trade Kerrigan. Trade Trent. Trade Dunbar. Trade Scherff. Trade Collins. At least give us a clear direction. Not this halfway stuck between rebuild or retool or tanking. The straight up neglect for getting Haskins some other guys to work with is absolutely criminal at this point. 

How do you know there's been neglect? How do you know there has been no plan or direction? I think it's been quite the opposite in fact.

They offered more for Cooper than any other team in the NFL. He chose Dallas. I'm sure they were in on Hooper too. Do you think it makes sense to overpay for free agents you're not in love with?

Or does it make more sense to sign FA that will add depth and not eat at your cap? Sensible signings. Build through the draft and take a shot at FA next year when we become a more attractive landing spot?

I love what they're doing. I love their plan!

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m pretty sure he’s going to be one of the most improved now that he has a real DC.

How often does poaching from the Bristol studios pan out? Perhaps if there were 33 teams in the nfl, our DC would have been employed by one of them a season ago. Lucky us. 

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

How often does poaching from the Bristol studios pan out? Perhaps if there were 33 teams in the nfl, our DC would have been employed by one of them a season ago. Lucky us. 

I’m pretty sure you’re wrong on this.  Del Rio is extremely respected.  So he took a year off.  Also, wasn’t he NFL network, not ESPN?

45 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Ron also seems to have a lot of baggage follow him around in terms of players.

Rivera is pretty much universally loved and respected by players in the league, what do you mean?

45 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Not sure if it’s his fault or not but at this point I expect the redskins to rescind the tag on Scherff and let him walk.

This almost never happens. It happened once, with Josh Norman, but Rivera had a GM then. No reason to think that's even an option on the table with Scherff. 

27 minutes ago, tlazarchick31 said:

My problem with Ron and Kyle is there's no clear direction. You get Ron saying we don't need a long rebuild. Ok got it. Then you have nothing but fringe roster signings. Except for Fuller you can make a case that the rest of the signings have a decent shot to NOT make the roster. If that's your direction then trade Kerrigan. Trade Trent. Trade Dunbar. Trade Scherff. Trade Collins. At least give us a clear direction. Not this halfway stuck between rebuild or retool or tanking. The straight up neglect for getting Haskins some other guys to work with is absolutely criminal at this point. 

or maybe they think more of the teams starters than you do

29 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

GF calls him the Mammoth Stallion 😆 GEEZ 1st world problems

I’ve been trying to convince my wife to call me Mammoth Stallion for years now. I warned her not to procrastinate. Man, I bet she is gonna feel dumb when she finds out she missed the boat on this one...

18 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Rivera is pretty much universally loved and respected by players in the league, what do you mean?

This almost never happens. It happened once, with Josh Norman, but Rivera had a GM then. No reason to think that's even an option on the table with Scherff. 

Probably not but I’m bored so I’m just playing devil’s advocate.

3 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

I’ve been trying to convince my wife to call me Mammoth Stallion for years now. I warned her not to procrastinate. Man, I bet she is gonna feel dumb when she finds out she missed the boat on this one...

I told my wife she could cheat on me with the mammoth stallion if he agreed to let her beanie babies stay there. 

Now she says she didn’t hear the part about the beanie babies. 🤷‍♂️

On 3/18/2020 at 7:32 PM, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Okayyyy LOL...................IDK about "MUCH"....Jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. Haskins is going to be a BALLER for us, if we actually give him a ****in chance like real teams do with their first round QB draft picks......

He clearly wasn’t ready as evident by how raw and confused he looked early on after sitting half the season.  IMO he’s not athletic enough to be a real difference maker going forward.  He’s like a sloth in the pocket.  Hopefully he improves but his skill set is clearly weaker than Murray’s.

8 minutes ago, -JB- said:

He clearly wasn’t ready as evident by how raw and confused he looked early on after sitting half the season.  IMO he’s not athletic enough to be a real difference maker going forward.  He’s like a sloth in the pocket.  Hopefully he improves but his skill set is clearly weaker than Murray’s.

Just cause he isnt the runner that Murray is does not at all mean he is not able to be a "difference maker". That is simply a wrong opinion.

See the following :

Brady, Tom

Manning, Payton

Manning, Eli

Brees, Drew

I can go on....

Archived