Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

5 hours ago, CrypticVillain said:

The plan is clear and Rivera said it in his first press conference. I can almost guarantee that almost everyone he's brought in has been "culture-changing" type players.

I was watching a Louis-Pierre interview last night and it dawned on me that the top-priority is probably to rebuild the locker-room with some grinders and that may enhance the young talent on the team.

I don't mind the frugalness. :D

Gruden, in his first offseason back with the Raiders, brought in a lot of no-name "grinders" to instill the culture he wanted. They finished that season 4-12.  

26 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Are people seriously expecting to be good this year?? Our roster is really bad. When the preseason predictions come out, i wouldn’t be surprised if the Skins are the consensus pick for worst team in the league especially once CIN and MIA take QBs in the draft that will have higher degrees than Haskins. This FA class as a whole is pretty meh. There isn’t a quick fix unless Haskins turns into a pro bowler. The draft is the key this year to build something that might bear fruit next season. 

I am with you, this team is going to be bad, real bad. The highlight of FA and getting better was picking up Fuller who if he had never been a Skin people would be like "who is this guy?" If they had picked up Hopkins and Hooper we would of been in a different sistuation but they obsessed with Cooper and let the rest of the world go by, yeeeaa we have a 38 yr old locker room LB. Riverboat Ron isnt off to a good start!

2 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

I am with you, this team is going to be bad, real bad. The highlight of FA and getting better was picking up Fuller who if he had never been a Skin people would be like "who is this guy?" If they had picked up Hopkins and Hooper we would of been in a different sistuation but they obsessed with Cooper and let the rest of the world go by, yeeeaa we have a 38 yr old locker room LB. Riverboat Ron isnt off to a good start!

I doubt that...I'm pretty sure skins folks know who the fuller brothers are

1 minute ago, skinsfan212689 said:

I get it the Skins aren’t perfect but Dunny you’re an idiot. You’re rarely healthy. Please rid us of this chump. Trent too. **** both of them. 

Hail

Only deal Dunbar if we get a solid player in return....otherwise he plays on his deal too. Screw these contract signing malcontents....make them honor thy contract...the tail does not wag the dog.

12 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Dunbar should be thankful. He wouldn’t have a career if skins hadn’t converted him to corner. 

yep.  He volunteered as I understand it but not every team would have taken him up on the offer

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Trent and Dunny for slay and their 2nd rounder.

Besides Detroit, who says no? 

Jokes aside, I'd be extremely happy if we pulled this off. I'd be interested in seeing how other teams value Dunbar, I'm sure he's killed any value that he had already. 

19 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Gruden, in his first offseason back with the Raiders, brought in a lot of no-name "grinders" to instill the culture he wanted. They finished that season 4-12.  

Ironically, they didn’t suck enough to get one of the top 3 qbs in this draft, and are behind the 8-ball in the Lawrence sweepstakes 2021. New England bout to have that on lockdown 

23 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

If that is how Dunbar feels, then we need to move on. Trade Dunbar for a 6th or a 7th. If no takers, release. Then sign Logan Ryan!! 

Ryan is primarily a slot corner so won’t be really replacing Dunbar.

6 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Besides Detroit, who says no? 

Jokes aside, I'd be extremely happy if we pulled this off. I'd be interested in seeing how other teams value Dunbar, I'm sure he's killed any value that he had already. 

How bout a 3rd instead of the 2nd?

I think an underrated aspect of the Trent-Dunbar situation is they are playing for a new regime. With Bruce Allen and cupcake Jay there was a perception of foolishness and miscommunication so these type of shenanigans could thrive and eat up the organizations morale. 

Rivera brings a leaguewide respected approach with how he handles his players. Also this new regime is not pressured under a win now scenario as if we are on the cusp of the Super Bowl. With that in mind and the locker room guys we have already brought on board in addition to the hungry pops on the team I think Trent and Dunbar risk alienating themselves from the rest of the team... If they dont show up or play up to their potential.

From their perspective they need to get on the field and play well in addition to being on good behavior if they want to secure the contracts they want. Funny, if they do then they might get those contracts from us afterall.  I dont see their leverage in this situation because they must accrue a season and play well. From the organizations perspective this is an evaluation year anyway.

Would it be nice to grab picks and assets sooner rather then later? Absolutely. The difference with us though is we aren't coming off a 12-4 season with expectations and pressure to win now.

18 minutes ago, panahoo said:

How bout a 3rd instead of the 2nd?

I think that would work more for Detroit and move the needle. Slay is definitely better than Dunbar and has shown to be less injury prone and more consistent. He will be more expensive though so that has to factor into it as well. To me, Slay is probably valued at a late second-round/early third-round pick factoring in his openness to being traded and how expensive he'll be. Dunbar i'd value as a solid 4th rounder at this point with more untapped potential than Slay, but on a good contract. Trent I value as a solid 2nd rounder because of positional importance and track record, his demands/injury history bring his value down as well. The 3rd rounder from Detroit brings it pretty close. We'd probably have to add a late rounder. 

6 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

It would be great to land Slay in a trade, but I don't think we're going to be that lucky. If Dunbar isn't playing, we should set our sights on Worley, Breeland, or Carrie.

Slay is a very good CB, but he is approaching 30, and will need a new (expensive) contract after this season.  He will be fading as we finally turn the corner (hopefully).  I think we would be better off trading Dunbar and TW for picks, not aging players.  And that's not a knock on Slay, he has been consistently awesome the past 5 years or so.  

32 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Ironically, they didn’t suck enough to get one of the top 3 qbs in this draft, and are behind the 8-ball in the Lawrence sweepstakes 2021. New England bout to have that on lockdown 

I've got five bucks on the Patriots winning that division still.

Archived