Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

10 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I've got five bucks on the Patriots winning that division still.

Not a chance. Good franchises never fumble an opportunity to draft an elite prospect. They will resign no one, tank the season, gather about 32 comp picks, draft Lawrence and ride that back to championship contention. 

44 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Not a chance. Good franchises never fumble an opportunity to draft an elite prospect. They will resign no one, tank the season, gather about 32 comp picks, draft Lawrence and ride that back to championship contention. 

What can we all do to make sure this does not happen? We can be worse right? Get a higher pick. Take Lawrence instead?

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

TE Logan Thomas’s wife seems to reveal that we’ve signed him tonight. 

That would be beyond meh.

Edit: My brain went to Logan Paulsen lol, who I'm pretty sure still plays for Shanahan.

Logan Thomas is purely a camp body type, so whatever

Since someone posted about Josh Gordon, I'll chime in. Josh Gordon's story is heartbreaking to me. By all means, he seems like a good person (unless I've missed some story along the way), all the damage he's done is self-inflicting. He's been getting high since the 7th grade to feel normal because of his social anxiety. 

He's been enabled all his life because of his talents and his whole life has been one giant recovery due to continuous setbacks. The guy is very upfront and honest about his situation, knows he has demons, yet still can't help himself. I hope for his sake he has a strong support system after football, he's going to need it I think because he's going to get depressed about what could have been and how much money he missed out on. Hopefully, he writes a book about his life, I think that would be very therapeutic for him and a good start to getting his life in a positive direction. 

I don't think we should even give him a thought though. There's a good chance he'll let himself and his teammates down. 

The Josh Gordon thing is sad indeed. Imagine you are an anxious person. For a lot of anxious people (especially those who grew up with mental issues being stigmatized, so therapy or prescription drugs are not a realistic option), smoking weed helps a lot. Hell, it's prescribed for anxiety often. Now imagine that the thing you'd use to lessen your anxiety, actually GIVES you worse anxiety because using it also threatens the career that can make you millions--So you can't safely medicate in the way many people do, and you just get more and more anxious. Now what the hell do you do. You become an alcoholic, probably, which is what Josh Gordon did because until the NFL started testing him for that as well, he could drink consequence-free. 

It's a damn shame. And now just as the NFL is relaxing its testing and punishments for weed, it's probably too late for him. And yet there will be people who come in here and call him an idiot for not being able to resist drugs when he had paychecks on the line, saying things like marijuana isn't addicting, he just had no self-control, etc ("if you offered me a million bucks I would never smoke weed again!!!1!!")...ignoring the mental health aspect that some people STILL have a hard time talking about or empathizing with.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That would be beyond meh.

Edit: My brain went to Logan Paulsen lol, who I'm pretty sure still plays for Shanahan.

Logan Thomas is purely a camp body type, so whatever

Logan Thomas is probably more than a camp body, unless we sign a more highly rated pass catching TE. He is a converted QB who can catch but is weak at blocking. But yeah kind of a meh signing (But then so was Flowers last year).

13 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Logan Thomas is probably more than a camp body, unless we sign a more highly rated pass catching TE. He is a converted QB who can catch but is weak at blocking. But yeah kind of a meh signing (But then so was Flowers last year).

Cool. You know what’s gonna help our decimated OL? AP in the I formation and a TE allergic time blocking.

I must admit this week of free agency had been a bit bizarre for me. At the moment I feel like we are not truly intending to invest in major contracts. I am starting to think that it’s forward planning for a shortened/non existent 2020 season. I really am.

However, the outlier was the pursuit of Cooper. Maybe the context of a 5 year deal made that more viable. That is looking like the exception to the rule right now.

I appreciate that probably comes across quite random. We do seem in a very conservative stance at present. That said, perhaps the big fish are still out there and we are lying in wait.

My watchlist (which did include Sean Davis amongst many others :))...

Cam

Robby Anderson

Daryl Williams / Riley Reiff

Damarius Randall

Daryl Worley

Adrian Phillips

Any TE :ols:

Restructure Kerrigan

Trade Trent and Dunbar

Get Alex Smith off the books in some capacity 

2 hours ago, redrobert said:

Absolutely no information I can find on the potential signing of Logan Thomas. Did I miss something? Issue may be moot. 

That said I’m still hopeful for Ebron myself.

Redskinstoday twitter account had a tweet late tonight about the wife posting on Instagram hinting at him joining the skins. 

She posted a clip of him catching a TD against us in November (while on the lions) and the words on the Instagram story say “when things come full circle....👀 i see a lot more touchdowns this year....in the same stadium.....butttttt”

and also posted a pic on her insta story of him as a child in a uniform that had redskins colors, and the caption says “go head’ and flip those lions colors over to the skinssss” 

so, I’m guessing a deal hasn’t been done completely, but that it’s going to be made early today, or he signed late tonight and tweets will be made about this in the morning.

This is interesting...

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/robby-andersons-lack-of-free-agent-market-works-heavily-in-jets-favor/313084900

Free agency has officially opened up on Wednesday, but WR Robby Anderson still finds himself without a dotted line to sign on. And that's just what the Jets wanted to see, says SNY's Ralph Vacchiano.

GM Joe Douglas & Co. have always wanted Anderson to be back at One Jets Drive next season, and Anderson said as much during his TV appearances last week. However, the Jets were only going to do so at their own price -- Vacchiano puts it around $9-10 million per season. 

Anderson, on the other hand, was hoping to see something around the $13-14 million range, and after Amari Cooper signed a long-term deal with the Cowboys for $20 million per season, that's when some believed Anderson would get his wish. 

It doesn't look like that wish is going to be granted. 

Why? Vacchiano says the NFL Draft class, with its plethora of playmakers at wideout, is a contributing factor. 

"A lot of people predicted that the receiver market really might be depressed a little bit because there are so many strong receivers coming out in the April NFL Draft. Some scouts think there can be 20 or more that are gone in the first three rounds and that seemingly has kept the spending down."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

11 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

What would you have done in FA this year?

I would have been looking for guys like Fuller. Guys who have started in this league and had success and proven they belong.. not wasting all my cap $$ on fringe practice squad guys.

7 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

I would have been looking for guys like Fuller. Guys who have started in this league and had success and proven they belong.. not wasting all my cap $$ on fringe practice squad guys.

Depends on perspective. 

The current situation says that the Skins are right now upgrading depth and non schematic fits with guys who fit.

Which is important for a new regime.

This season's roster isn't going to be improved by star power and glamour.

It will be improved by improved coaching, players who fit scheme and draft choices. And addition by subtraction (Bruce Allen is the major candidate here).

This team could still struggle. A lot of that is going to depend on the strides Haskins and the offense make. 

This year is the base for the Rivera contingent. You can't correct everything at once, but you can set your base for building. 

We need to understand that and be patient. Having said that, we also should all have expectations for improvement in some shape or form. 

Archived