Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

Cant say this one gets me too pumped. Quality not quantity please. Davis, smith, Pierre-louis add to depth but offer little improvement... i trust Ron but can’t say I’m enjoying his first FA.

I've been seeing this take a ton... I just don't understand.

The plan is clear and Rivera said it in his first press conference. I can almost guarantee that almost everyone he's brought in has been "culture-changing" type players.

I was watching a Louis-Pierre interview last night and it dawned on me that the top-priority is probably to rebuild the locker-room with some grinders and that may enhance the young talent on the team.

I don't mind the frugalness. :D

1 hour ago, skeenzfan said:

I think we have seen what Montae brings to the table. We tend to over value the talent level of our players.  Lack of production on the filed accompanied by off-field issues, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being released this summer. 

I tend to lean towards the all things considered approach. When I say that, I think of Sean Taylor and how early on he had some tough off the field issue. And that was with Joe Gibbs as coach. It took a little bit, but you saw who Sean became. But please for the love of God, do not misinterpret what I just said to mean that Montae is as talented as Sean or would even be a ST type. Knock it ****ing off before you start. But the all things considered approach does reign true from that standpoint. It also applies to how awful this defensive staff was. Montae wasn't the only guy out there busting coverage and mis-communicating. Rio even spoke about how bad the defense was run last year. I don't think we've seen Montae's full ability nor most of the existing players for that matter. Its the reason we're all excited about Del Rio. I don't think Montae's ceiling has been hit. But we'll see.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ledyard is one of my favorite analysts.   And he knows the Steelers very well that's his favorite team.

Seem like a player with a lot of potential but needs to be coached up.  :)

Yes, Ledyard's dislike of Davis over the years as one of the most knowledgeable Steelers guys on twitter is what stuck with me. He's spent a lot of time over the years breaking down what he's so bad at and how poorly the Steelers were doing hitting on DB talent in the high rounds until they finally just dealt a pick for Fitzpatrick.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

What are we doing here? Does anyone have any ideas? 

I'll be anxious to hear Ron's perspective on some of the hurdles the team ran into when trying to land some of the better free agents. 

Me too but have to trust.

Remember this is a first for Kyle. And lets face it, Ron is evaluating everything. To include what he's going to do about the GM position if things are not to his liking this off season. I'm not sure who is negotiating these deals, but it'll reflect next year I'm sure.

Feels like the Redskins are really embracing the "Plan B" philosophy.

Build through the draft and get blue collar, glue guys in free agency to fill in until you find someone great who can take over. I really don't mind this approach at all.

(Accidentally typed fee agency and it occurs to me it is a more apt description)

Just now, justice98 said:

If it werent for Fuller, all the signings so far are in the "tough to get excited" category.

I know it's short-term, culture building, etc. but I am excited about Thomas Davis. He's a baller.

Without any other additions, our defense with Chase + Davis + Fuller + Sean Davis + new coaching should be exciting as hell.

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Who the hell wouldn’t be, knowledgeable or not.

Sometimes the rest of a sentence that you crop out adds the context that gives the entire thing its meaning...you even added a period to my post that isn't there, as you only took half the sentence! The important part of that sentence was that they felt Davis needed to be replaced for years. 

1 minute ago, CrypticVillain said:

I've been seeing this take a ton... I just don't understand.

The plan is clear and Rivera said it in his first press conference. I can almost guarantee that almost everyone he's brought in has been "culture-changing" type players.

I was watching a Louis-Pierre interview last night and it dawned on me that the top-priority is probably to rebuild the locker-room with some grinders and that may enhance the young talent on the team.

I don't mind the frugalness. :D

The quantity methods Just brings me back to the McGee/McClain signing days. We have loads of depth players, but are severely lacking playmakers. 

sean Davis has failed at this level, so I don’t think he was worth even looking at. Davis and Pierre-Louis Im okay with. Like I mentioned yesterday, my bears fan buddies loved him and think he is starter quality. 

three ehh players signed to one-year deals just isn’t the ideal start of FA.

Archived