Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Injuries and bad luck happens but typically teams with in theory that have a big time D line, good running backs and good QB if it goes down that way are unlikely picking top 5. 

Top 10, not top 5.  It's definitely possible to pick Chase top 10.  Last year, everyone though Jeudy was going top 3.

A little bit on why the Falcons are moving on from Trufant.  

PFF ratings by Year

2019 - 70.3

2018 - 69.5

2017 - 78.5

2016 - 70.2

2015 - 72.8

2014 - 81.4

Following the 2015 season, Trufant earned his first Pro Bowl nod and was rewarded with a five-year contract extension in 2017. Trufant suffered a few significant injuries during his tenure in Atlanta and finished both the 2016 and 2019 seasons on injured reserve.

With the departure of Trufant, the Falcons have a relatively young group at cornerback. Cornerbacks Isaiah Oliver and Kendall Sheffield are the two starting cornerbacks on Atlanta's roster now.

Oliver, 23, was the Falcons' second-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. Sheffield, 23, was a fifth-round selection in 2019.

Both Oliver and Sheffield showed promise during the second-half of the 2019 season when the Falcons improved drastically on defense. The duo combined for 104 tackles last season.

2085940122_Annotation2020-03-18154217.thumb.png.31635f770f21d9ae6ed328e71fc50cf7.png

Don't know much about him.  Seems more like competition for Monte and Apke than our new starter.  Remember, the Steelers traded a 1st for Minkah to start over him.

Per PFF, he had only 55 snaps last season and graded poorly, but here are his previous season grades:

2074469511_ScreenShot2020-03-18at12_44_24PM.thumb.png.568929882c4063b08bc9054bbbb4de20.png

1543278726_ScreenShot2020-03-18at12_45_10PM.thumb.png.629bf3ab09a1ecc36047e6031d07f263.png

311739484_ScreenShot2020-03-18at12_45_20PM.thumb.png.1f642bef6de4ae7e922a91d26e70ef7e.png

Pittsburgh fans hated Sean Davis. 

Disappointing that he's the guy we tab at FS with this whole market in front of us, barely touched. 

1 year deal carries little risk, but means the cap hit is the full amount, right? Sucks to lose that chunk on a legitimately bad player. 

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Disappointing that he's the guy we tab at FS with this whole market in front of us, barely touched. 

1 year deal carries little risk, but means the cap hit is the full amount, right? Sucks to lose that chunk on a legitimately bad player. 

It’s 5 mil, less than what Norman will make to get torched for Buffalo.

11 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I like how they say Rivera succeeded in not overspending at guard because he signed some reserve backup to Like 2 mil a year and tagged the other. Technically he didn’t overspend but seriously??

Also, Eli Apple to Raiders. Damn that would have been a savvy signing to help...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA... sorry I just couldn’t make it through.

technically not overspending is the same thing as not overspending. 

Just now, PartyPosse said:

It’s 5 mil, less than what Norman will make to get torched for Buffalo.

I'm digging it. I would like to have had a longer-term deal so that we can get a longer-term solution in place. I really liked Davis coming out of Maryland as a pure FS. He had a couple solid years, and I think he has potential here.

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I would guess the deal is 5mil max, with a fair degree of incentives in there which will not go through the cap year. Don’t know that for sure though.

He had three good seasons before going down at the start of this one. 

We’re definitely saving money back for somebody though......

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

I read that Davis was a SS that played out of position because of injuries, does this guy play FS or is he depth?

I think he’ll be FS first an d foremost, but he can switch I believe.

I expect another in. Davis was on my shortlist of 4 along with Randall, Phillips and Worley.

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I would guess the deal is 5mil max, with a fair degree of incentives in there which will not go through the cap year. Don’t know that for sure though.

He had three good seasons before going down at the start of this one. 

We’re definitely saving money back for somebody though......

He did not have three good seasons before he got hurt, he has been bad the entire time he's been in the NFL, he was just less bad at FS than when he played out of position. He hasn't been good, despite being an intriguing prospect years ago. Knowledgeable Steelers analysts were so pumped when they dealt for Fitzpatrick because he needed to be replaced for years as they hung on, trying to develop him. 

Seems like a fairly small potatoes signing though, so whatever. That's a position that could use some competition obviously, but what I was hoping for was an obvious instant starter on a long term deal to avoid needing that competition.

Archived