Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Right now I'd say the starting lineup for LBs/Defense:

DE: Sweat/Kerrigan - Brailford and Anderson as reserves

DT: Payne 1-tech, Allen 3-tech, Ioan off the bench rotating in both spots (and likely accruing more total snaps than both guys), Settle filling in when they need to a couple guys breathers

Mike: Bostic w/Josh Harvey Clemons the backup

OLBs: Davis/Foster - Foster for the half a game he's healthy (if he's not PUPPED to start). Davis/SDH otherwise. Pierre Louis replaces Thomas in passing downs, Holcomb replaces SDH in 2-day situations for run defense capability.

CB: Dunbar + Fuller. In Nickel/ Fuller goes to slot, Moreau comes in on the outside. Dime is the same except Moreland comes in on the other slot.

Safety: Landon Collins at strong. Free is lord knows who. Please, someone, help us here.

The most interesting guy is Anderson.  I just don't see him as a DE, especially if he's the 4th DE behind Sweat, Young and Kerrigan.  

He has been crap in coverage, but maybe he can be better in coverage with better coaching and preparation.  He came on last year and might have been the most improved player on the team.

I don't disagree with anything you are suggesting, but I also think they have to find a spot for Anderson, and that's going to be a really interesting thing to watch.  

I think you nailed CB perfectly. And that's not entirely half bad, especially since I think they're going to draft somebody to compete for depth.  

And yes, FS is a huge, gaping hole.  Because I don't think it's Montae, and Apke would have to have to have some type of an out of body experience to be the guy.  And while JAY loved him some Deshazor Everett, he's not the answer either.  

The biggest needs on the team right now are TE, because you can't roll with Sprinkle as your #1 TE and FS.  Open question on LT.  You can band-aid just about everything else together.  

I still think they're going to add a WR, TE, FS and more OL depth in FA.  Given FA hasn't technically even started yet. :P 

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

I wish we'd bring back in Donald Parham for a look/see.

We might but there's no reason to do it right now.  XFL is canceled, he won't be expensive, and he most likely will be available.  I'm sure they could snag him in June/July if they really wanted to. 

6 minutes ago, Mpvanskins said:

I see Dunbar has taken everything Redskins related off of his Instagram....

He wants a new deal.  He's being kindof a prick about it.  I think Ron wants to see him stay healthy and participate, and how good he is before he's extended.  He wants money now.

This is one of those situations where both sides have a point.  

The thing is, the best thing for Dunny to do is to keep his trap shut, play well and stay healthy.  He's going to get paid if he plays well and stays healthy.

If he shows up and just goes through the motions, it will cost him money.  If he shows up and gets hurt, it's going to cost him money.  If he shows up and fakes an injury so he doesn't have to play and risk injury, it's going to cost him money.

In this instance, the team has the leverage. 

13 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yep.  I've mentioned a Dunbar for Anthony Harris trade straight up would be sweet!  :)

Just having fun with it, what do you think about:

Skins get Harris, reiff, 3rd rounder

Vikings get TW, Dunbar

I think that works for both sides.  Reiff isn't special, but he can hold down the fort at LT for the time being. Harris fills a big area of need.  Asking for more than a 3rd to throw in would be unreasonable imo

A trade involving 4 players is highly unlikely, but fun to think about.  Might be both of our best option at this point.  

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

Just having fun with it, what do you think about:

Skins get Harris, reiff, 3rd rounder

Vikings get TW, Dunbar

I think that works for both sides.  Reiff isn't special, but he can hold down the fort at LT for the time being. Harris fills a big area of need.  Asking for more than a 3rd to throw in would be unreasonable imo

A trade involving 4 players is highly unlikely, but fun to think about.  Might be both of our best option at this point.  

Give me someone other than Reiff.

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

[Dunbar] wants a new deal.  He's being kind of a prick about it.  I think Ron wants to see him stay healthy and participate, and how good he is before he's extended.  He wants money now.

The thing is, the best thing for Dunny to do is to keep his trap shut, play well and stay healthy.  He's going to get paid if he plays well and stays healthy.

This is what happens when you have a team leader [Williams] skip out an entire year trying to get a new contract.  Dunbar assumes that he will get the big bucks later and he's probably right.  But he's looking at next year as a loss of $10million.  I realize contract disputes are the nature of the business but I'm not sure this behavior is the kind that Rivera expects from his core players.  If he's not going to buy in then they need to ship him out for the best value.  It will be a shame after the Skins invested so much time and effort.  Dunbar had to work for it but he would have been one of the many that never got the opportunity without the Skins taking the chance on him.

Archived