Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

38 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Hey along with Moses' abundant hair growth we need a new name for our o-line-- The Long Beards or maybe the Lumberjacks or the Mountain Men or maybe the Hobos or something.

28 minutes ago, FrFan said:

DC Top?

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree it will take some time.  Agree it's not a hot destination.  Even when people bring up the more recent past, this team isn't really the same prestige wise as the recent past IMO, it's whittled lower and lower year after year.  So this isn't even IMO the Redskins of 4 years ago as for status. 

With each year, the team has cemented itself as a bottom feeder, the stadium and facilities look even more dated, Dan can't play the I am learning card anymore, the team is a yawner as for a national headliner on and on.    Rivera and Kyle have a lot of work to do.  Dan has a lot of work to do, too as for showing he can stay out of the way and or facilitating building a good culture and also its critical IMO to secure a stadium and build state of the art facilities.   Right now, this organization IMO likely looks and feels like a loser and a 2nd class ride to boot along the loserville trek.   I think that will change but it needs to unfold. 

I got no issue with their FA approach which has been described by Keim and others several times based on what they are hearing:

A.  Swing for the fences for players worth swinging for the fences for (and they did so for Cooper, same dude i said I'd swing for the fences for so selfishly I liked what they did there)

B.  Don't overpay for good but not great players

I am not one of the big Haskins guys on the board.  I am not really down on him either though.  I am not sure.   This season I think will be critical to how this team is perceived.  If Haskins is who his big advocates believe him to be then this team will be on the right track.  You add that with Rivera and Kyle doing things the right way -- things should turn around.

But like I said the other day hearing Keim say from what he heard everything being equal Hooper finds the Browns a more attractive destination than the Redskins so the Redskins would have to pay him about 1 million more to land him.  That shows IMO how far this team has come down.  I know to some they like to make fun of how the Browns having lived up to their hype.  That's true.  But you can also argue they have leapfrogged us status wise which is wild considering they have been sort of the hallmark of bottom feeder teams. 

And times have changed enough to hear something like hey the dude would much rather play for the Browns than the Redskins -- that probably wouldn't have been true even 3 years ago.  So in short we are clawing out of the bottom.  I think if Dan stays out of the way they will claw their way out of this.  

Seems like free agents have no trouble chasing the money to Miami and they have no QB in place at all. I think these players know that you gotta grab the money when you can get it no matter who's paying it. Miami landed some big names the past two days and shelled out some big bucks. Seems to me like RR is dipping his foot in the water rather than diving in and I'm ok with it. Lots of players still available.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So I am presuming:

WLB:  Davis (Foster if he can play)

MLB:  Bostic (Hamilton-passing downs?)

SLB:  Holcomb

That LB group doesnt excite me.  A geezer (albeit a productive one, last we saw), a journeyman, and at least there's a promising young player.  

There are stacks of DB options still out there. Everyone must be fighting over the blue chipper Harris before they move onto plan B.

I still fancy us to pick up Daryl Williams once Trent is canned. Or Riley Reiff if and when he’s done in Minny.

Trent for Diggs Harris and Reiff plus change.

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He doesn't make sense for us at all.  He's an injured, expensive back up whose signing would undermine the development of the prospect we just drafted.  Bridgewater went to New Orleans to back up Drew Brees.  That is a completely different situation.

Not only that, he isn't going to go anywhere to be a backup. That dude wants to start, and I can't see his ego sitting aside to be a backup.

17 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Chiefs weren't 3-13 with a plethora of holes. 

Absolutely, we aren't on par with the chiefs.  

But we both agree there are many holes to fill.  Agreeing to terms on the first day or two of FA means you are paying top dollar.  We have too many holes to fill to do that.  I see passing on Hooper and Byron Jones as a positive.  Cooper passing on us was probably a blessing in disguise as well.  We need to wait until the market settles a bit, and less teams are competing for FAs as they fill holes in their roster.  

If we stood pat until the season opener, i'd agree with you, we dropped the ball.  We all know that isnt happening.  We will probably end up bringing in 4 or 5 more free agents that are expected to compete for a starting job.  Season starts in 6 months.   Then we will have 6 draft picks with one definite starter.  Our roster is gonna look a lot better by September, and our chances of agreeing to a value contract increase by the day.  I expect 1-2 more signings this week.

The team we out on the field in 2020 will be much better, and we will look back at this offseason as a success, I have no doubt. 

8 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Just saw this. 

The offseason of Montez Sweat.  He's somehow involved in everything.  Feels like at every turn, they cant make this trade or that move because there's no 2nd.  Or the move they are trying to make has to recoup the 2nd.  

Okay this is a big, big long-shot but ...

Now pretty strongly rumored that Tom Brady told teams he wanted to have Antonio Brown come along wherever he goes. Who knows how legit that is, but it's in multiple places now and Tom has shown love for AB on Twitter recently.

Do the Bucs need Godwin + Evans + Antonio?

Call up the Bucs ... offer them Trent for Evans straight up.

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Okay this is a big, big long-shot but ...

Now pretty strongly rumored that Tom Brady told teams he wanted to have Antonio Brown come along wherever he goes. Who knows how legit that is, but it's in multiple places now and Tom has shown love for AB on Twitter recently.

Do the Bucs need Godwin + Evans + Antonio?

Call up the Bucs ... offer them Trent for Evans straight up.

I'd still want them to ask for a 3rd/4th at least.

2 minutes ago, tibbidoe said:

I'd still want them to ask for a 3rd/4th at least.

Completely unrealistic IMO. I think Trent for Evans would be a steal currently. If we are asking for a 2nd and not getting any bites ... I have a hard time thinking the Bucs would even just give us Evans. Forget that crazy Hopkins trade. Stefon Diggs got a 1/4/5 this year from the Bills. If Trent's market-value is between a 2nd and a 3rd right now, getting Evans straight up would actually be a "steal"

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Completely unrealistic IMO. I think Trent for Evans would be a steal currently. If we are asking for a 2nd and not getting any bites ... I have a hard time thinking the Bucs would even just give us Evans. Forget that crazy Hopkins trade. Stefon Diggs got a 1/4/5 this year from the Bills. If Trent's market-value is between a 2nd and a 3rd right now, getting Evans straight up would actually be a "steal"

Evans would be wasted if we can't get Haskins enough time to throw the ball, same as Hopkins or Diggs would've been. He'd be a wasted luxury with ~$15.5M/yr left on his deal.

1 minute ago, redskinsrmylyfe said:

Your crazy ! I'd jump all over Evans for Williams straight up. Not happening but that would be a major win for us.

My crazy what?

Only way I trade Williams for Evans is with an extra pick included to at least give a shot at getting lucky in the mid rounds. We need OL upgrades more than we need Evans.

32 minutes ago, justice98 said:

The offseason of Montez Sweat.  He's somehow involved in everything.  Feels like at every turn, they cant make this trade or that move because there's no 2nd.  Or the move they are trying to make has to recoup the 2nd.  

Sweat was worth it. 

12 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Can @JoggingGod be muted? Can we mute certain posters? Lol

Just put him on your ignore list. Your time on here will be much more enjoyable :)

56 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Seems like free agents have no trouble chasing the money to Miami and they have no QB in place at all. I think these players know that you gotta grab the money when you can get it no matter who's paying it. Miami landed some big names the past two days and shelled out some big bucks. Seems to me like RR is dipping his foot in the water rather than diving in and I'm ok with it. Lots of players still available.

Sure, Keim flat out said if the Redskins offered Hooper more money than the Browns that was the ticket to get him.  The Dallas thing with Cooper was close to being an equivalent deal considering no state income taxes in Texas.  My point is everything being equal we are on par perhaps with the lower rung teams as for attractiveness so we likely need to outbid teams to land our man -- if we land at the same spot as to an offer, we might not land our targeted guy.

Yeah agree lots of players available. I got no problem with their FA approach thus far especially since they swung hard for Cooper.  Plus you are likely going to get some unexpected cuts today perhaps because of the June 1st designation thing which helps cap savings with cuts. 

1 hour ago, SumTingWong said:

Really like how Rivera handled the immediate aftermath. He didn't let the hard feelings linger. He sat down with Devin and talked to him softly man to man not man to coach and yes, there is a difference. I saw the video months ago and will try to link it here later.

Here's an article on the Funchess-Turner-Rivera incident.

https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Article/All-or-Nothing-Carolina-Panthers-Devin-Funchess-133785574/

The "good" o-line. Hmm... I don't know.

That nickname doesn't really hit me, no pizzazz or flash more steak than sizzle and nicknames are all about the sizzle but a solid effort all the same. 

Ummmm how about they become a good o line before we give them a nick name.?

Right now I'd say the starting lineup for LBs/Defense:

DE: Sweat/Kerrigan - Brailford and Anderson as reserves

DT: Payne 1-tech, Allen 3-tech, Ioan off the bench rotating in both spots (and likely accruing more total snaps than both guys), Settle filling in when they need to a couple guys breathers

Mike: Bostic w/Josh Harvey Clemons the backup

OLBs: Davis/Foster - Foster for the half a game he's healthy (if he's not PUPPED to start). Davis/SDH otherwise. Pierre Louis replaces Thomas in passing downs, Holcomb replaces SDH in 2-day situations for run defense capability.

CB: Dunbar + Fuller. In Nickel/ Fuller goes to slot, Moreau comes in on the outside. Dime is the same except Moreland comes in on the other slot.

Safety: Landon Collins at strong. Free is lord knows who. Please, someone, help us here.

Archived