Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

38 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Paulsen passing is fatty-enarged egotistic opinion as fact:

There's not a lot of top receiving talent out there to begin with.  But Diggs certainly seemed down to play with him.  

But playing along with the tweet for a second, it would be plausible.  The pro-Haskins crowd can pretend like he looked like a stud enough that players around the league are bought in on him, but that would probably be wishful thinking.

5 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Karl Joseph, Demarius Randall ... and more I am sure.

Some argue M. Jenkins is more of a SS (I'd say he can do either, started as a corner and has played FS in his career) to me the SS argument is more about Joseph.  Randall to me is a FS. 

For me it would be Jenkins.  But Sheehan might be on to something that he'd want to sign with a winner.  Though money talks. 

14 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Fair points. However, Tua Tags might not play at all next year.

Reading his point and listening to parts of their show (I like to play a game I used to play this with the old Lavar and Dukes ****show--listen until they said something over the top, and then change the station. It takes a couple of minutes, tops) it's clear they never liked Haskins--and therefore all objectivity is gone.

Here is my other opinion (am I allowed to have those here? It's unclear this morning) if someone doesn't want to come here simply because of Haskins...but thinks Cleveland is that much better? Fine. I quote Powers Boothe in Tombstone "Well....bye!"

Tua is still more intriguing to people than Haskins.

Now, before I get people coming in here to tell me my assessment of my opinion is wrong... Let me explain.

Even if Tua doesn't play in 2020, these contracts are generally for more than a single year. Tua is more exciting than Haskins for a few reasons right now: 1. Highly touted college prospect with success in big games. 2. He hasn't shown any struggle in the NFL yet.

Are those necessarily fair to Haskins? No. But neither are a lot of hands that are dealt to a lot of people.

Haskins can change perception of this on his own if he plays very well this year with a motley crew of receivers.

But if he doesn't, and the Skins want to ensure they can get receiving help, they may need to change who the QB is. 

This season is make or break for Haskins. No amount of advanced stats are going to help him if he can't get the job done. It's a business and business people go where they can be successful. 

6 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Paulsen seems like a douche for lack of a better word. But that doesn't mean I'd be surprised if that were true.

Paulsen isn't the only guy saying this so I presume it is true.  But I don't see that as some mega indictment on Haskins.  Some on this board love the dude as a player, some not, some are in between but I think most of us can agree that Haskins is an unknown.  He's not the only young QB who is an unknown.  I think after next season the story will be told but right now I don't think its a reach to say Haskins among other young QBs is a mystery with that mystery about to be unfolded.

Yet, I still think they'd get their targets if they pay more than the other bidder.  

2 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Paulsen seems like a douche for lack of a better word. But that doesn't mean I'd be surprised if that were true.

I wouldn't say he was a selling point--but lets be honest, the only real selling points at QB are Mahomes, Brees, Rodgers, etc.

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Doubt he comes here but Jenkins is the guy I'd most like

I think we have a good shot at landing defensive guys. With the second pick, JDR and RR, and a good DL and a, at worst, decent LB corps... I think defense is more likely to draw targets than our offense. 

I wouldn't say he wouldn't come here yet.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Haskins can change perception of this on his own if he plays very well this year with a motley crew of receivers.

I can't believe you think McLaurin is trash.

I guess I should also say I'm just kidding just in case it's taken seriously....

4 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I can't believe you think McLaurin is trash.

I guess I should also say I'm just kidding just in case it's taken seriously....

The way people read into my posts around here? Looking for things that don't exist.

I wouldn't bet against people taking it serious :ols:

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This season is make or break for Haskins. No amount of advanced stats are going to help him if he can't get the job done. It's a business and business people go where they can be successful. 

Definitely agree--he has to take that next step forward. If he looks more like the last few games, rather than the 1st few, it will be huge--if not...oh boy!

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

We need a FS.  I'd like to see a Quinton Dunbar for Anthony Harris trade straight up.  Do you think it could happen, ESers? 

I was thinking about the same thing.  I read an article about how the Browns may be pursuing Harris. The thought was that the Vikings would want a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Dunbar is worth a 3rd, and the Vikings should be in the market for a corner. 

52 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

If all things were equal, Dallas has a better, established offense, Cleveland probably too. But to counter, look at the number of people Miami has signed--is their situation that much better than ours?

On the fully biased sice, I also love our potential on offense:
Derrius Guice (please, please, please stay healthy) 22
Dwayne Haskins 22

Kelvin Harmon 23
Terry McLaurin 24

Steven Sims 22

All of those guys at least flashed and showed potential last year.

There is as much potential in this group as any team has in that offensive age group in the league. All of them have skills that coaches should be able to work with and enhance. Lets see how good our coaches are at making stars out of this group. 

16 minutes ago, RWJ said:

We need a FS.  I'd like to see a Quinton Dunbar for Anthony Harris trade straight up.  Do you think it could happen, ESers?

What happened to the free agent safety from Cleveland we were talking to? I wonder if he's still on our radar?

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

There is as much potential in this group as any team has in that offensive age group in the league. All of them have skills that coaches should be able to work with and enhance. Lets see how good our coaches are at making stars out of this group. 

What happened to the free agent safety from Cleveland we were talking to? I wonder if he's still on our radar?

Excellent question.  Guess he's still shopping himself.

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Turning potential into production was not exactly a strong point of the previous regime. Let's hope this one is better.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Turning potential into production was not exactly a strong point of the previous regime. Let's hope this one is better.

While I agree...

At what point do the players themselves receive some blame for their lack of production?

Archived