Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

@HTTRDynasty agree with Guice there. I think we could possibly upgrade Haskins (as you know), but it isn’t with a big money aging QB. And it’s not with most of the QBs in the draft. So stay put and see how Haskins develops. If he doesn’t, we may have a shot at Lawrence. If he does, well, we won’t need a QB and we can try to get a Lombardi before his rookie contract ends.

Just no reason to replace him with these pricey retreads.

• Like 3

My only gripes are: 

1) We need to fix the OL and it's not going to happen solely in the draft. We'll never be able to fully evaluate what we have without a competent line.

2) We've had plenty of time to re-sign our own FAs. If we're not going to spend the money elsewhere, let's keep the guys in house here for the longrun. Either that or get rid of em. Don't let drama drag on.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

My only gripes are: 

1) We need to fix the OL and it's not going to happen solely in the draft. We'll never be able to fully evaluate what we have without a competent line.

2) We've had plenty of time to re-sign our own FAs. If we're not going to spend the money elsewhere, let's keep the guys in house here for the longrun. Either that or get rid of em. Don't let drama drag on.

Im not sure. I think the line is in okay shape right now. LT is the question. But Martin played well last year. Weak links are C and RT and the guys there are at least serviceable. 

To be clear, we can certainly use some help on the OL. But I don’t think the line is awful.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

Ugh. I really wanted Tre Boston. Should have been one of our first signings. I wonder how big the contract is. I thought he was going to be a steal. 

Also, I thought we were going to really improve the offense, but we've gotten worse, not better. Lost Flowers and haven't added any skill position players. It's still early, but I hope that we still make some solid additions, whether it's through the draft or FA. 

So I think this new defense sometimes play three safeties. I'm wondering how Ron and Del Rio view Montae? IMO, the kid better get his head on straight as it relates to on the field discipline. No need to go into the off the field please. If he does, he could be that guy with range in the back to play that cover one man package Del Rio likes to run sometimes. 

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Im not sure. I think the line is in okay shape right now. LT is the question. But Martin played well last year. Weak links are C and RT and the guys there are at least serviceable. 

To be clear, we can certainly use some help on the OL. But I don’t think the line is awful.

I do. Without Scherff it's the worst line in the NFL. We can't keep relying on reclamation projects. 

23 minutes ago, carex said:

they don't really need to.  They have four quality players at DT and two at DE with us likely to get Young and we have a young guy or two who might develop

Nah man. Chase Young is needed. He's the best player available at #2. Not even close. 

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I do. Without Scherff it's the worst line in the NFL. We can't keep relying on reclamation projects. 

2 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Exactly........

But we have Scherff.

Scherff, Roullier, Moses, Williams and Martin are all homegrown. And that could wind up being our starting 5.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

we're not without Scherff.  He cannot sign elsewhere right now and I've head nothing to say he won't play on the tag

Just now, joeken24 said:

Would you start Haskins over a healthy Cam that knows the offensive system Turner runs and knows what Ron expects at that position? Just asking. 

I'm sure Ron and Kyle have had this conversation. 

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is Cam 100% healthy ?

And is his pay in scale with Haskins?

That answer would be no. So mine would be no. 

Rookie quarterback contracts are the magic bullet.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 3
15 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Been calling for this trade since October. Don’t see it happening with Brady there now, but Arians doesn’t use TE’s. Who knows 

I don't think Arians like Howard even a little bit....plus they still have Brate right? 

3 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Nah man. Chase Young is needed. He's the best player available at #2. Not even close. 

yes, I did say we're likely to get Young.  Right there in my description of DE. With Young we're at least seven deep at DL. 

24 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Guice tweet on Haskins

Curious why it's a screenshot of Guice's tweet, and not the tweet itself ?

Usually that means the tweet was deleted.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

And is his pay in scale with Haskins?

That answer would be no. So mine would be no. 

Rookie quarterback contracts are the magic bullet.

I havn't read much of this thread so far, but please tell me that noone has suggested Winston either.

What's that infraction worth, a one week ban ?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, RedskinsFanInSanAntonio said:

One of the guys in that post said that he heard on ESPN radio that Brady wants Trent Williams.

Wouldnt suprise me. An elite left tackle for his blind side. If Tommy boy wants it bad enough, can we get a 1st out of them?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, thelongestbreath said:

From my understanding of the new CBA, he has to come back or he can't accrue a season like he did last year.  I believe that was part of the changes?  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. 

You’re half right. There is such a provision in the new cba but it only goes into effect AFTER next season.

So if Trent wants to lower his value even more by holding out til the last second, then come back minutes before the season accrual deadline, claim his helmet doesn’t fit properly, and lose yet another 12.5 million he’ll be eligible for true free agency in 2021 and lucky to get a one year low guarantee prove it deal.

We have him over a barrel. If he’s not traded he needs to play and play well for one big cashout before he retires.

• Like 1
  • Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby