Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Very surprised at how Chase looked. Hopefully he will continue to impress in the coming games. That’s would be great for us heading into 2023.

IF....we make the playoffs, given how fresh he is having not played most of the season, could Chase Young be a difference maker in the playoffs to the point where he carries the team on his back? We could sure use him to break out these next 2 weeks, even if it means Dallas thinks twice about running Dak out there against us in week 18. It'd be great to see the entire division get into the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

• 2 weeks later...

CY still depending soley on speed and bull rushes and neither are working. No bend or spin moves etc. The hustle and effort are still there, which is how he made mose of his plays his rookie year.

Guy has to learn some different moves as he continues to come back from injury this off-season.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

CY still depending soley on speed and bull rushes and neither are working. No bend or spin moves etc. The hustle and effort are still there, which is how he made mose of his plays his rookie year.

Guy has to learn some different moves as he continues to come back from injury this off-season.

He won’t be a part of this team long term. He’s so far behind elite pass rushers in this league, and isn’t even the best rush end on the team. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, SkinssRvA said:

He won’t be a part of this team long term. He’s so far behind elite pass rushers in this league, and isn’t even the best rush end on the team. 

Yeah,  but Casey Toohill is a large hill to climb.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Rookie contract whole offseason to work on things. Dallas has good OL. No excuses next year.

If I’m Chase Young (and I’m not, but wouldn’t that be cool? Probably gets all the girls…..sigh…..), then I’m sticking around The Park alllllllll off-season, doing EVERYTHING possible to go into next year strong. Maybe take some time finding a great pass rusher to learn different moves and stuff. But this off-season is really important for him. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Rookie contract whole offseason to work on things. Dallas has good OL. No excuses next year.

Sure. Good luck to chase and hope I am wrong. Everything he has put on tape his entire tenure has been lackluster. He’s a poor man’s clowney 

• Like 2

I agree, CY has not lived up to the hype.  I just don't see him ever being what they said.

It will also take him at least the season to get over his injury and feel like himself again.  Just unfortunate, but our FO has been wrong on so many picks over the years.

• Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

He had all that time to study that and clearly didn't.

I wasn't even thinking about him today, but saw a comment about lack of effort, did anyone else feel that way?

Asking because I wasn't looking at him specifically today and haven't had time to rewatch yet.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I wasn't even thinking about him today, but saw a comment about lack of effort, did anyone else feel that way?

Asking because I wasn't looking at him specifically today and haven't had time to rewatch yet.

I've been pretty hard on chase but today it seemed to me like he was just trying to stay within the scope of the defense.

I do think he's never going to be an elite pass rusher if his speed doesn't return, he seems very slow and lanky trying to get around the corner than he did in college or in glimpses his rookie year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

no, I didn't I appreciated his effort and thought he was all over.  A guy who puts in no effort wouldn't pursue a play that's gone away from him the way he does

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We're not gonna pick up his 5th year option and he's gonna end up leaving after putting up 10+ sacks next year and go on to be a Hall of Fame player. Because that's just how this franchise operates.

Nah...he's destined for Clowney territory if we actually let him go...bouncing around on reputation versus actual production.

• Like 3

I watched him a lot this game to see what he has learned - the answer is nothing.

On the last series before the end of the first half I believe, he bullrushed Jason Peters on back to back to back plays. Completely stonewalled.

On one play when Dak was backed up near their goalline, he started pointing at Dak and yelling stuff before the snap like he was coming for him....then just straight ran into the center of the line and was stonewalled again :ols: 

He needs to workout with the Bosas and Von Miller or Julius Peppers. Maybe JJ Watt would help since he'll be retired?

Edited by Barry.Randolphe
  • Like 4

Still hasn’t proven he can play, but at least showed he is healthy. I still think if we try to trade him this off-season there are teams that will give us good value based on potential. otherwise we can just wait until everybody knows he’s a bust and get little to nothing for him (Maybe bust is the wrong word… ‘Disappointment’ based on his potential coming in). There are always teams that will pay for the big name to keep their fans happy.
Sure, he could end up blossoming into a star for another team. But if we can get good value back for him now, it won’t hurt nearly as much to see it, and I seriously doubt that will happen anyway.

He's just a kid. He's 23 years old in his 3rd game back from a massive knee injury. You don't work on pass rush moves while rehabbing from an injury like that. He has all off-season to get better at that. He WAS working with Von Miller some this past off-season, and I have no doubt he will seek out more guidance this year. He still has so much time to grow, mentally and physically, and he apparently has the work ethic in spades. Its very premature, in my opinion, to be talking about him this way. 

Edited by CarlH
Word
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I focused on him fo4 a bit....maybe 10 plays. He was getting stopped consistently by one guy. But it may have been a contain thing. Not sure he is worth extending though. Pay Payne.

• Like 2