Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

53 minutes ago, dunfer said:

If hes cleared he needs to play. Dude should be a game changer on one leg nevermind being healthy on two.

Supposed to be a once in a decade talent. Time to show

I had one of my legs chopped off about a year ago. Trust me, he can't play on one leg, lol. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, dunfer said:

If hes cleared he needs to play. Dude should be a game changer on one leg nevermind being healthy on two.

Supposed to be a once in a decade talent. Time to show

But he was a liability last year on two healthy legs.  Now he has to knock off rust and overcome the mental hurdle.  Then he needs to get his way back to playing the way he was at time the 2nd have of his rookie season.  I just don't see any way he achieves that in so few games.  But, I'm not a coach on the team, so I guess I'll have wait and see.

I know a lot of people, including myself, and probably the coaching staff, thought they were getting a generational player back in 2020, but right now it looks like they would've been better served solving their issues at QB and they may be contender right now instead of playing the waiting game with Chase every week

• Thanks 2

If Sweat was out Today, I bet they would put Young out there.   This is as much about them not wanting him to disrupt things as it is about him not being ready.

I go back to those comments by JDR in week one when he said that we had "individual contractors" last year.   

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

I know a lot of people, including myself, and probably the coaching staff, thought they were getting a generational player back in 2020, but right now it looks like they would've been better served solving their issues at QB and they may be contender right now instead of playing the waiting game with Chase every week

Of course hindsight is 20/20 but imagine if we took Tua or Herbert in 2020. We'd be a legitimate Super Bowl contender. 

Sucks. We missed our window. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Of course hindsight is 20/20 but imagine if we took Tua or Herbert in 2020. We'd be a legitimate Super Bowl contender. 

Going into next year, they'll be on the hunt again for the answer at QB and playing the waiting game with Chase again.  One decision cost them in so many ways.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The lesson I hope we take from this is to not get distracted away from our need at QB, no matter how elite a prospect at another position is staring us in the face.

It was really depressing watching how many minds were made up some folks was, Rivera was there, mock drafts even said we couldn't pass on him despite other needs.

Yes, yes we can, we should've, so can we all agree not to root to lose to Dallas to get someone like that again?  I'll never forget that and hope I never see it again.

• Like 3

At this point, I wouldn't even want him out there in important games.  We need the best 11 out there on defense and if he's gonna be tentative and not explosive, then he ain't it.  I'd rather have Obada or Smith-Williams out there at 100% than Chase at 90% physically, but only 50% mentally.  

Best case scenario, this is a Curtis Samuel situation.  An injury is just not gonna allow anything to happen this year. Just bag it and all-in for 2023.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

53 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

The lesson I hope we take from this is to not get distracted away from our need at QB, no matter how elite a prospect at another position is staring us in the face.

It was really depressing watching how many minds were made up some folks was, Rivera was there, mock drafts even said we couldn't pass on him despite other needs.

Yes, yes we can, we should've, so can we all agree not to root to lose to Dallas to get someone like that again?  I'll never forget that and hope I never see it again.

Agreed. The analogy I typically use is: "Don't pass on a Rolls Royce because you own a Toyota." Or in the Dwayne Haskins case, a pinto(God rest his soul of course).

I think what effed us was the COVID outbreak not allowing off season workouts. Rivera didn't really get a chance to see Haskins up close and personal. And in fairness to the guy, he DID lose a lot of baby fat and show up in great shape and ripped. Unfortunately he didn't make any strides at all as a QB and still had the personality of a complete dbag. But those are things you can pick up in person. 

It just sucks. We always talk about how we need to tank for a franchise QB. Well we finally did. There was not one but TWO in front of us(actually three if you wanna count Jalen Hurts, but it would have been complete madness to take him #2 overall not knowing what we know now). And we passed on all of them for a DE that's gonna end up with less than 10 total sacks in three years.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Chase who?

I'm done with that prima donna.

Seriously that video where the team was being asked who the most famous person on their phone was and chase got Wahlberg on the phone, and everybody was like, yeah but he's chase young!

So what, what has he done in this league to be at that status?

The answer nothing.

I'm sick of drafting these players high in the draft and them being put on a pedestal before they've earned it.

This is rg3 all over again. 

• Like 2

I wanna see him ball as much as the next guy but the bottom line is we have tremendous equity in chase and to put him out there before he’s ready would be criminal.  Now I wish we’d just ir him and use that roster spot somewhere else this season.  
get healthy 99…a little humble pie never hurt anyone

I'm okay with Young being out -- but hopefully he'll remember Rivera's considerate approach when it comes time for his contract's extension.  (That's assuming Washington sees something that makes a case for extending him.)

Edited by Wyvern
I hate this site's auto-correct!
  • Like 1