Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

50 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Is Chase even practicing or is he still doing sideline rehab?

Who knows but Ron said for the 20th time this season: "Chase is trending in the right direction".  How long does he have to "trend" before he actually sees the field?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Is Chase even practicing or is he still doing sideline rehab?

Don’t think they needed to put out an injury report or estimated practice reports during the bye week so we’ll find out this week. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I cant wait to see this dude play football again.

You and me both... At least now he is "envisioning" it.  I guess thats progress right?

Right????!!

Maybe he can just envision getting paid too.

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Haha 3

I dunno man. Listening to his interviews lately, he barely sounds like he even wants to come back. Like he’s scared of getting injured again or something. I get being careful and all, but I want my supposed star player DEMANDING to play in a game like this until the team doctors say no. I still say we should look at trading him this off-season. Not saying give him away on the cheap, but if some team will give us close to value for him, we should do it. For me, a first round pick in the top 15 or so would work. At this point it seems more likely he’ll be a bust than a Hall of Famer, but I’m thinking there’s a team that will take a chance on him returning to his previous form now that he’s recovered from the injury. Note this is only assuming we are able to resign Payne.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

16 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

I dunno man. Listening to his interviews lately, he barely sounds like he even wants to come back. Like he’s scared of getting injured again or something. I get being careful and all, but I want my supposed star player DEMANDING to play in a game like this until the team doctors say no. I still say we should look at trading him this off-season. Not saying give him away on the cheap, but if some team will give us close to value for him, we should do it. For me, a first round pick in the top 15 or so would work. At this point it seems more likely he’ll be a bust than a Hall of Famer, but I’m thinking there’s a team that will take a chance on him returning to his previous form now that he’s recovered from the injury. Note this is only assuming we are able to resign Payne.

Na I'd rather he not try to be a hero. If he's not comfortable then I can respect that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Na I'd rather he not try to be a hero. If he's not comfortable then I can respect that. 

Look at David Bahktiari in Green Bay. Came back early and he’s pretty much done. Chase had some major surgery beyond an ACL. Dude is still super young. Need to be smart with him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

21 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Look at David Bahktiari in Green Bay. Came back early and he’s pretty much done. Chase had some major surgery beyond an ACL. Dude is still super young. Need to be smart with him. 

I agree with that from the teams perspective, but would rather see the player pushing harder to play. Maybe I’m a little old-school on this.

• Thanks 1

I think Rivera is hoping that we somehow clinch a playoff spot early. Its possible we clinch next week but more likely we clinch the week after if we get to 9 wins beating the Giants and Browns. That would give us a game with nothing on the line against the Cowboys where we could play Young a little bit and see how he looks while also allowing us to rest a starter. 

There are precious few games left for this team to play this year.  Let's be super honest: in all likelihood - aside from some fluky Philadelphia type turnover game - this is gonna be another 1 and done playoff appearance team.   There's just nothing at all that Chase can add to this team this year.  

Shut him down, let him work his butt off to prove he's not some 2nd pick bust, and come out next year to show everyone.  Shut him down and allow the young man the best chance of shutting up all the naysayers next year.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Redwards said:

There are precious few games left for this team to play this year.  Let's be super honest: in all likelihood - aside from some fluky Philadelphia type turnover game - this is gonna be another 1 and done playoff appearance team.   There's just nothing at all that Chase can add to this team this year.  

Shut him down, let him work his butt off to prove he's not some 2nd pick bust, and come out next year to show everyone.  Shut him down and allow the young man the best chance of shutting up all the naysayers next year.  

Only thing is that I think it’s going to take a few games to get up to actual game speed. So I’d think you’d rather do that now than wait until week 1 next year. If he’s ineffective these last few games, he’s protected bc the focus will be on the results and not his play. 

2 hours ago, Redwards said:

If he's already on the active roster, I don't think they're going to shut him down.  Best thing to do is have him out there and playing.  This team's success is not tied to what Chase can do for them.  It's more about what they can get out of the QB position.  

3 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

The pressure on him to be Nick Bosa starting week 1 next year is going to be immense. I know it’s not necessarily fair but he’s been a disappointment thus far. Maybe had he been playing well prior to getting hurt, I’d feel different.

I do know that there will need to be a decision made between he and Sweat soon. 

All in for Week 1?

• Haha 1