Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

On 12/20/2022 at 10:27 AM, wit33 said:

Not sure what others are watching, but defense is dying for an elite pass rusher. I know, “but the stats”… who cares, when watching there’s a clear need for an edge rusher.

I know intangibles get a bad wrap around these parts, but his energy is infectious and seems well received by teammates. He’s displayed great leadership by encouraging and being engaged during games. He raises the ceiling and turns up the energy dial. 

The defense needs Chase Young to reach elite status. 

I dunno. He was, and not his fault, supposed to be Lawrence Taylor. He feels like Jason Taylor once we got him  Except also not on the field.

I *WANT* so desperately to love him, but I'm insanely disappointed.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I dunno. He was, and not his fault, supposed to be Lawrence Taylor. He feels like Jason Taylor once we got him  Except also not on the field.

I *WANT* so desperately to love him, but I'm insanely disappointed.

I think had chase been dominating up until his knee injury we'd all be excited and patient for his return but the fact that he was struggling mightily combined with coaches accusing him of freelancing and his unearned reputation as a superstar is making some very uneasy.

The book isn't closed on chase at all but we're several chapters in and so far it feels like a very familiar read.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

So...why did they activate him last month if he wasn't ready to play?? 🙄

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/21/chase-young-on-staying-patient-i-wish-it-was-a-faster-process-but-it-is-what-it-is/

More than a year later, Young still has not returned to game action.

“I wish it was a faster process, but it is what it is,” Young said, via video from Ben Standig of TheAthletic.com. “. . . Just being patient. Got to be patient.”

Young has taken criticism from fans who don’t realize why it has taken longer for his return than an ACL typically takes. Young said “eventually” everyone would know the full extent of his injury.

He returned to practice Nov. 2 and has limited practices in every practice since his activation to the active roster Nov. 21.

“Every day I feel like I’m getting better. Every day I feel like I’m getting stronger, more comfortable,” Young said. “Just got to keep going, continuing that.”

Young didn’t offer any idea about when he might return to game action, saying he continues to take it “day by day.”

“We’ve got a good plan. I’m just sticking to that,” Young said.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

IIRC he got a sack and drew a hold against him back in 2020.

I recall the sack he had in that game was not off a traditional pass rush.  He dropped in coverage and then came in.    

Regardless, I'd try him on the RT in his first game back.   Probably playing on passing downs only.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I can’t shake the RG3 vibes. Not all folks are the same but man… the videos for returns have not bode well. Maybe Young will flip the script.

Right?  At least we didn't have to trade multiple picks to get that trailer.  The vibes are there indeed, and I hope he proves me wrong in the biggest way.

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Got a craving for Chipotle

Wait, he said "the fans know that I put in that work every day for them."

Uh, no, Chase, we thought you had "just" an ACL. It was your choice to lead us to believe that it was an ACL but also had to take longer and we don't know how long and why it takes longer.

We're not dumb..

Just tell us the truth, get on the field, make their Purdy Birdy Purtty sad.  You handled this, from a fan's perspective, pretty terribly.  Like some of us forgot you were on the team.

Anyway, yeah, so, I gotta go to bed night all and CY99

• Thanks 1

What a stupid video. Just ****ing play dude, no one cares if you got guac with that ACL. 

Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t shades of RG3 as mentioned previously but I can’t help but see the similarities. 

No one’s saying the guy didn’t work hard to get back. No one’s also saying the fans don’t appreciate the effort put in. But it’s just ****ing weird to have a Rocky hype video with a burrito bowl to announce it. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What a stupid video. Just ****ing play dude, no one cares if you got guac with that ACL. 

Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t shades of RG3 as mentioned previously but I can’t help but see the similarities. 

No one’s saying the guy didn’t work hard to get back. No one’s also saying the fans don’t appreciate the effort put in. But it’s just ****ing weird to have a Rocky hype video with a burrito bowl to announce it. 

if there was a 50% promo code in the video for chipolte then i could get on board

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1