Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

Did everyone see the Giants 1st round pick DE make a game changing play?  Where was our guy:  One the sideline acting like a male cheerleader who will play when he feels like it.  I really think that the Bosas help make him the #2 pick in the draft.  Bad decision who should've been a QB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Did everyone see the Giants 1st round pick DE make a game changing play?  Where was our guy:  One the sideline acting like a male cheerleader who will play when he feels like it.  I really think that the Bosas help make him the #2 pick in the draft.  Bad decision who should've been a QB

Young has never had a performance like KT did last night.  That dude single handedly took over the game.  It was unbelievable (terrible for us).  Young just isn't quick enough.  We got fooled, like always.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Yeah, imagine if we had drafted Herbert instead.  Oh well....

But but but, none of the so called draft expert (clowns) had him going that high*

*According to every single poster on here that complain year round about how those buffoons rank players.

But but but we got Haskins!!! 

Yeah buddy!!!

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Grant Paulsen said today he heard it’s Chase not the team putting the brakes on him playing.

Logan Paulsen said in a podcast recently that he talked to Chase and the sense he got is Chase is in no hurry to play. 

Again though because he hasn’t felt right 

If he has been cleared by medical and he has chosen to not play than at what point do you say WTF. Is there any contract issues where you can say something or withhold money? Is he worth further investment over the long term? Is he biding his time for a trade (not worth much) next year? Weird.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Grant Paulsen said today he heard it’s Chase not the team putting the brakes on him playing.

Logan Paulsen said in a podcast recently that he talked to Chase and the sense he got is Chase is in no hurry to play. 

Again though because he hasn’t felt right 

I can totally imagine that. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

If he has been cleared by medical and he has chosen to not play than at what point do you say WTF. Is there any contract issues where you can say something or withhold money? Is he worth further investment over the long term? Is he biding his time for a trade (not worth much) next year? Weird.

I don't think its that deep.  His injury was more complicated than just a standard ACL.  He doesn't feel like himself yet so apparently he doesn't want to play until he does.  Rivera said the other day he still thinks Chase plays this season so if so I gather it could be soon.

Odell had an ACL injury granted about 2 months or so after Chase and I don't think as complex of a surgery and I've read he doesn't feel right to play either.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Sad 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't think its that deep.  His injury was more complicated than just a standard ACL.  He doesn't feel like himself yet so apparently he doesn't want to play until he does.  Rivera said the other day he still thinks Chase plays this season so if so I gather it could be soon.

What's the point? Is he even going to help the team if he doesn't feel like he is ready to play? He might as well sit the whole year out and come back next year. No use trotting him out for 30 plays. He's not going to put this team over the top. 

This is just my gut talking but I put the odds of chase coming back and dominating like he was supposed to at about 10 percent. 

The other 90 I'd say 50 percent this whole can't be too careful crap becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and he blows out his other knee in his first game back.

The other 40, he goes full rg3 and what made him special is gone and he bounces around the league for a few years before settling into a speaking gig that he uses to trash the team as often as possible. 

• Thumb down 1

Just now, redskinss said:

This is just my gut talking but I put the odds of chase coming back and dominating like he was supposed to at about 10 percent. 

The other 90 I'd say 50 percent this whole can't be too careful crap becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and he blows out his other knee in his first game back.

The other 40, he goes full rg3 and what made him special is gone and he bounces around the league for a few years before settling into a speaking gig that he uses to trash the team as often as possible. 

Sadly I'd put all my money on the last option. 

24 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Chase is playing the long game. He doesn’t want to risk his future career, specifically contract status, by returning at this stage. He actually made reference himself in interview about his current age. Slightly odd. He knows this is all but a dead season.

I know this is mostly speculation on your part but if true this is my major problem with him.

We're currently the 7th seed and had we won last week we'd be almost a lock for the playoffs.

This is not all but a dead season.

If your star players are calculating there future based off our likelihood to advance far in the playoffs then they aren't your start players.

This is precisely what had del rio all fired up about him and to some extent sweat.

He's in it for himself and not the team and that's fine, gotta look out for number one but from strictly a fans perspective we have zero obligation to respect that.

Edited by redskinss
  • Thumb up 2

I mean you have to look out for yourself first. If you get hurt, you think the team will care about you? They'll look to dump you as soon as they perceive your value isn't worth it. 

I'm not giving up on Young. The talent is there. He's still only 23. You don't give up on promising young talent like that. That's what bad organizations do. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean you have to look out for yourself first. If you get hurt, you think the team will care about you?

You're right but it's a fine line.

You aren't worth a thing to an entertainment company if you aren't entertaining. 

If he had come back in week 3 it almost certainly would have been too early but he's been cleared for what almost two months now?

He's flirting with selfishness over sacrifice.

I'm not saying he's there yet but he's getting close.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Chase is playing the long game. He doesn’t want to risk his future career, specifically contract status, by returning at this stage. He actually made reference himself in interview about his current age. Slightly odd. He knows this is all but a dead season.

I agree. I'd be surprised if we had 2 more win in us and we're probably not making the playoffs now, so why risk it. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I still don't miss him.  Could we use him if he was playing at his rookie level?  Sure, absolutely.  Not so much the production last year he was putting up when he got hurt.  

He'll be back when he gets back, whenever that is.  But the defense has been performing good to great with him gone.  He's absolutely not missed.

14 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

But but but, none of the so called draft expert (clowns) had him going that high*

*According to every single poster on here that complain year round about how those buffoons rank players.

But but but we got Haskins!!! 

Yeah buddy!!!

Not sure what Haskins has to do with anything.  And no draft expert anywhere did have Herbert that high, that doesn't make them buffoons.  What's more, no NFL team had Herbert ranked that high or else he'd have been taken.  

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I agree. I'd be surprised if we had 2 more win in us and we're probably not making the playoffs now, so why risk it. 

I'm not saying chase is the answer but if our players take this attitude it'll be the primary reason we don't make the playoffs that's for sure.

• Like 1

Not sure what others are watching, but defense is dying for an elite pass rusher. I know, “but the stats”… who cares, when watching there’s a clear need for an edge rusher.

I know intangibles get a bad wrap around these parts, but his energy is infectious and seems well received by teammates. He’s displayed great leadership by encouraging and being engaged during games. He raises the ceiling and turns up the energy dial. 

The defense needs Chase Young to reach elite status. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wit33 said:

Not sure what others are watching, but defense is dying for an elite pass rusher. I know, “but the stats”… who cares, when watching there’s a clear need for an edge rusher.

I know intangibles get a bad wrap around these parts, but his energy is infectious and seems well received by teammates. He’s displayed great leadership by encouraging and being engaged during games. He raises the ceiling and turns up the energy dial. 

The defense needs Chase Young to reach elite status. 

Agreed. The other 1st rounders on the DL are really good, but none are really game changers the way Young showed he could be in 2020.

On 12/19/2022 at 7:19 PM, Daniel.redskins said:

Young has never had a performance like KT did last night.  That dude single handedly took over the game.  It was unbelievable (terrible for us).  Young just isn't quick enough.  We got fooled, like always.  

The SF game in 2020

25 minutes ago, method man said:

The SF game in 2020

That game was against the Niner's third string quarterback... which, now that I think about it, is exactly who we are playing this Saturday.  So if there was EVER a time for our guy to step up and make an impact, it's certainly now... but I don't have a lot of confidence that will happen...