Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

There's no promises in the NFL, losing this game doesn't ensure we win the next on law of averages.  

It's a division game, Giants are one of those that seem to have our number lately and are beating people with similar gameplan as us.

If Chase can play, he needs to.  No need for waiting for planets to align, putting too much pressure on winning the home game to make up for losing the away game could cost us both. 

Go in full strength if you can, no more gimmies in the schedule left, or remaining strength of schedule is like .600 ffs. Enough with the kids gloves on this grown ass man, it's about to be December, been more then a year now.  If he can play, he should play.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Jack feeling real good about his clout within the organization these days. 

Actually, Jack just doesn’t give a damn… like ever lol. Have to love older people who’ve achieved the mountain tops professionally and financially. Quite refreshing. 

• Like 1

Kind of concerning it needs to be said so plainly in public. I’m sure he’s emphasizing it privately as well, which is what makes it weird. The traditional coach speak is to basically say “Chase is a great young player who knows he hasn’t even reached his own potential yet, he’s going to do what’s best for the team and become another source of play-making for this defense” or whatever. JDR obviously feels the need to put media pressure on Chase to follow through, which is interesting in itself. It worked on Jamin Davis, I guess. 

33 minutes ago, Conn said:

Kind of concerning it needs to be said so plainly in public. I’m sure he’s emphasizing it privately as well, which is what makes it weird. The traditional coach speak is to basically say “Chase is a great young player who knows he hasn’t even reached his own potential yet, he’s going to do what’s best for the team and become another source of play-making for this defense” or whatever. JDR obviously feels the need to put media pressure on Chase to follow through, which is interesting in itself. It worked on Jamin Davis, I guess. 

You hit it with the Jamin reference. JDR is going with the tough love, call out his guys and force them to respond the right way method. The defense playing well makes that strategy more legitimate. What he's saying is also true.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

You hit it with the Jamin reference. JDR is going with the tough love, call out his guys and force them to respond the right way method. The defense playing well makes that strategy more legitimate. What he's saying is also true.

Totally. It’s just interesting that Young hasn’t been given the chance to show he’s learned from last year before the call-out. Jamin had to have a couple sucky games after a summer of praise in order to catch the podium shade lol. Makes you wonder how those defensive meetings are going. Young has a much stronger personality than Davis, seemingly—maybe JDR feels he needs to make a preemptive strike at his ego to lay the foundation, who knows. 8 weeks ago I wouldn’t have given JDR the benefit of the doubt on anything. Right now I’m curious to see it play out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Totally. It’s just interesting that Young hasn’t been given the chance to show he’s learned from last year before the call-out. Jamin had to have a couple sucky games after a summer of praise in order to catch the podium shade lol. Makes you wonder how those defensive meetings are going. Young has a much stronger personality than Davis, seemingly—maybe JDR feels he needs to make a preemptive strike at his ego to lay the foundation, who knows. 8 weeks ago I wouldn’t have given JDR the benefit of the doubt on anything. Right now I’m curious to see it play out. 

After being out for a year, with last season already being a let down, I'm sure Young is anxious to prove himself. JDR likely sees that in meetings or practice, like you mention. Saying it to the media is definitely a preemptive strike. It makes it that much more difficult for Young to freelance, because now we all would know. The message to everyone on the defense is to focus on your job and finish the plays that come to you. Old school football fundamentals win when talented players buy in, every time. We will see how Chase responds. 

14 minutes ago, Conn said:

Totally. It’s just interesting that Young hasn’t been given the chance to show he’s learned from last year before the call-out. 

It has to be something he's seeing in practice JDR already doesn't like, imo.

JDR hasn't fully earned my trust back either, same time, those comments do not jus come out of thin air.

So yea, I'm concerned, too.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Chase getting the same message Sweat got IMO. Fair enough. The unit is tight at the minute. Fall in line and stick to the plan.

There have been a few plays where Sweat reverts and the play is goes right where he was. What is interesting is you see him hang his head for a second. Last week he had the ultimate do your job sack where he rushed to his depth and cut right over to QB. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 12:20 AM, Renegade7 said:

JDR hasn't fully earned my trust back either

It's curious to me how no one wants to praise JDR. This is The Stadium, so we are talking strictly football, right?  And we have a lot of people knocking Heinecke and Turner on here, so apparently it's not the offense deserving all the credit.  We have won 6 out of our last 7.  Look at the point totals of our opponents during that time.

JDR has our defense playing extremely well and they are carrying this team.  JDR deserves more credit for it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

It's curious to me how no one wants to praise JDR. This is The Stadium, so we are talking strictly football, right?  And we have a lot of people knocking Heinecke and Turner on here, so apparently it's not the offense deserving all the credit.  We have won 6 out of our last 7.  Look at the point totals of our opponents during that time.

JDR has our defense playing extremely well and they are carrying this team.  JDR deserves more credit for it.

Deserving credit and gaining trust back are not the same thing.

Same DC for 2020 stellar defense, the 2021 drop off, and what started ad a historically bad defense this year only to turn into an elite one.

Same DC who former players have claimed is one of the simplest to gameplan for now loaded with young defensive talent blooming at the time that I'm convinced he played a part in including getting them drafted. 

Politics should be put aside here, I agree.  And I'm no longer on the get rid of him wagon, either.  Just trying to make sure what I'm seeing and why I'm seeing it first, 2020 was clearly an illusion, I don't believe 2022 is.  How much of that is these young players playing out of their minds and him developing them into that? 

Units only go as far as the talent on them, but would it be meeting its potential like we seeing without JDR?

Edited by Renegade7

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

With the way guys are playing right now, I have a hard time seeing Chase come in and want to freelance. I'm sure Allen and Payne and maybe even Sweat will get on him about it.

I'd venture to say that they already mentioned it to him.  I'm sure that Allen has taken him aside and gave him the message.

I would not be surprised if they chirped a little bit at JDR and let him be the "bad" guy.

I really,  really hope that he's learned from this whole ordeal.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Units only go as far as the talent on them, but would it be meeting its potential like we seeing without JDR?

If the defense is playing well and meeting it's potential, why would you wonder if it could be done without JDR, instead of giving him credit?  

There is another post praising Mike McDaniel for getting the most out of the dolphins players.   The post was complementary of McDaniel, instead of "well, maybe someone else could've done it too". Praising the person who is having success is the typical reaction instead of discounting it wondering if someone else could do the same thing.  But not with JDR.  And it's not just you, there were a lot of posts bashing him for the off-season stuff, posts bashing him for the early part of the season, but I don't think I've seen any posts giving JDR credit.  Maybe there are a few, but definitely not many (if any).  

I'm just calling it like I see it: defense has been playing out of its mind for two months, and is the reason we are winning.  He is the DC.  If people are going to roast him when the defense is struggling, people should give him credit when the defense is playing as well as any defense in the NFL (arguably).  And since people are refusing to do that, I think it's fair to deduce the non-football stuff is the reason why.

• Like 3

No one should expect the "real Chase Young" back for at least a few games even if he starts rotating in snaps on Sunday.  Being 100% healthy and cleared to play is different than having the mental confidence to test your repaired body part and really plant off of it and all that stuff.  I get why JDR & Ron want to be cautious but I don't think you can ever hold him out an extra game or so hoping that when he returns he will just be the same guy immediately.  

There has to be something else there that they aren't 100% positive about yet.

People forget that The D-line was still playing pretty bad after Chase Young's injury and a lot of the same criticism of his play was also levied towards Sweat.   It wasn't until they were both out that the D-line showed a significant improvement and it is likely because Allen & Payne were balling the entire time but needed the guys on each side of them to do their part within the scheme and once that happened you saw the difference.  Fast forward to 2022 and you see how much better Sweat and the O-line as a whole are playing as a unit and it should lead you to believe that whatever happened between then and now, Sweat bought into the program fully.  As long as Young comes back disciplined and ready to play as part of the unit....the sky should be the limit.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1