Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

Ron gets a potential franchise QB, WR1, RB1, WR2, strong young D line ALL on their rookie contracts, cap space, control and oh yeah... the freaking #2 overall pick WITHOUT needing to take a QB. Remind me which coaching vacancy is better than this one???

**** it I’m downright optimistic about this team!

3 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Rumors are that the last 3 games KOC had more control over the play calling. There was a noticeable difference in the playcalling, being less predictable, and all of the sudden Haskins looking much better. Im all for giving KOC another year to show that and grow with Haskins as so far there seems to be something working there.

This right here..bingo..started seeing alot more stuff we haven't seen in a while...I loved the play calling..haskins started coming around looking decent..god I'm getting pumped already for next season lol

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Ron gets a potential franchise QB, WR1, RB1, WR2, strong young D line ALL on their rookie contracts, cap space, control and oh yeah... the freaking #2 overall pick WITHOUT needing to take a QB. Remind me which coaching vacancy is better than this one???

The Browns have all of those except the #2 pick but a more proven QB and I believe more cap space.

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Hail **** yeah brother..**** can bruce and we all start coming together!!

Just now, Warhead36 said:

The Browns have all of those except the #2 pick but a more proven QB and I believe more cap space.

Go be a fan of the browns tha...sorry man I'll stop..Redskins not the browns..Redskins

FWIW because I'm not a fan of Mike Lombardi but he was on 106.7 this morning and said one of the things Callahan was changing was work ethic.  Apparently, "Camp Jay" was a true theory and these guys need a lot more conditioning, hitting, etc. to compete in a 16 game season.  Could be the reason for so many injuries and losing games in the 2nd half of games.

13 hours ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

I don’t get it, we hired a coach without firing a gm or hiring a gm?!?  

As per news, Allen is gone. As in completely out of the organization. Rivera is a fantastic choice and will certainly make an immediate impact on this young team. 

11 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Can't possibly be any worse right?  Allen gone is big as well. Snyd's HAD to do something big right away. This franchise was the Titanic, it may have just avoided the ice berg. At least one ice berg.

You know, I'm not sure if it matters who is hired first (the head coach or the GM). Its kind of chicken or the egg. I was of the mindset that the Redskins should hire the GM and let the GM pick the coach and the staff. But really, regardless of who is hired first, the job of the GM is to shop the groceries per se. The job of the coach is to work with what the GM shops. But somewhere in between, the GM would be senile to shop for 3-4 guys if his coach is running a 4-3. Generally speaking, the GM should be working for/closely with the coach when its all said and done as far as personnel is concerned. Contracts and all that other **** is GM ****. We've just had two ****ing weasle GMs over the past 20+ years so its skewed the idea of what a GM should be doing. 

1 hour ago, crabbypatty said:

So, it's likely that Rivera brings Steve WIlks to be the DC.. who just happens to run a 4-3 ONE GAP scheme.. which some of us have been screaming about for a few years now.

Jon Allen needs to be a 3 tech in a one gap scheme. Same with Payne (though it would change based on alignment of a given set)

Kerrigan, Anderson, Sweat and (maybe) Young will be hands in the dirt pass rushing ends (as well they should be)

Anderson could start at one OLB spot, and hopefully Foster would be healthy in the middle. Landon Collins would flourish in a defense like this.

Need another corner or two and a FS, and the defense would actually be a strength, as it should be with all these talented players.

I think all Skins fans are tied of the many DC's that tried to fit square pegs into round holes.  I don't care what style of defense the Skins have as long as they use their players appropriately and don't acquire high talent or name players that don't fit what they are trying to do.  Hopefully the long history of ineptitude is ending.

Allen, Payne, Settle and Ionnidis are a nice rotation at DT with scheme flexibility.  Do the 4-3 front teams usually keep 5 on the roster for DT?

I could see Anderson at LDE or SAM (4-3 under) but he's not as big as the Skins have used historically.  Kerrigan can play DE but I'm not sure the Skins are best served keeping him at his salary/age.  Sweat will do nicely at DE.

It will be an interesting offseason of speculation.    

1 minute ago, Monkman56 said:

Can't possibly be any worse right?  Allen gone is big as well. Snyd's HAD to do something big right away. This franchise was the Titanic, it may have just avoided the ice berg. At least one ice berg.

Or the chairs are just being re-arranged... we shall see.

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

Will it be the year he finally cuts the apron strings with Bellichek and Brady? I think he is a good choice for that team.  It is difficult to know what Mayfield's potential is with the clown show of a HC they had there.  Kitchen's needed to go. Very undisciplined team.  I think O'Connell would get immediate respect given where he came from, if the takes the gig.

2 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Will it be the year he finally cuts the apron strings with Bellichek and Brady? I think he is a good choice for that team.  It is difficult to know what Mayfield's potential is with the clown show of a HC they had there.  Kitchen's needed to go. Very undisciplined team.  I think O'Connell would get immediate respect given where he came from, if the takes the gig.

I've seen the lean on twitter as Urban Meyer to the Browns but who knows.  Apparently, he wants to coach in the NFL.

People in this thread are pushing that Rivera wants someone else to make the calls on players, people outside the thread are saying Rivera wants and gets full control on personnel. If he wants full control, I'm not thrilled because that does reek of Shanahan's early years.

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not sure I would touch Mayfield with a 10 foot pole.   He's proving him self out to be Jonny Football without the Cocaine.

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Believe it or not, Haslan is a worse owner. 
He's a genuine crook, but for just football,, he's a moron. He HAD his coach last year. the Browns were ready to run through a brick wall for Gregg Williams, and Haslan Fd up and went the wrong way.

they have had 6 head coaches in the last 9 seasons... and are ready for another new one.

I know we love to cut ourselves around here, but that is a worse FO.

~Bang 

Archived