Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

4 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Larry Hess as head trainer is likely being kepy, but apparently big shakeups to training and rehab staff......

Welcome back Trent!

*EDIT: Trent is the unsung hero here. Let's reward him with a big extension

Junkies/980 were basically suggesting that salvaging Trent may not be possible that the relationship with Dan soured after his return.

no idea if true though

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

"Wants a GM that shares his vision on Dwayne Haskins"  OMG please let this be false.    If this is true, then Snyder has learned nothing.  

I think any GM who comes in here would see Haskins as a guy to evaluate with a new coach.  

And I think that’s probably good enough for Dan.  

If a GM interviewed and said, “Haskins can’t play. I’m getting Tua.” I don’t think that would be a really good position to take to begin with.  And I don’t think Dan would buy that. 

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

Am I the only one kind of "meh" about the prospect of hiring Rivera?  Seems odd, unless the intention is to make him essentially the GM as well, to hire him instead of hiring a GM who would then hire a coach.  

By then the good coaches will be gone.  

4 minutes ago, Veretax said:

Junkies/980 were basically suggesting that salvaging Trent may not be possible that the relationship with Dan soured after his return.

no idea if true though

I was wondering how Dan could still be in good graces with Trent after all this.  Dan coulda stepped in at any time and fixed this and essentially took Bruce's side by his inaction.  Or he and Bruce were of one mind and Dan was trying to play both sides.  

Just now, justice98 said:

I was wondering how Dan could still be in good graces with Trent after all this.  Dan coulda stepped in at any time and fixed this and essentially took Bruce's side by his inaction.  Or he and Bruce were of one mind and Dan was trying to play both sides.  

there is also the possibility that Rivera (HC in waiting),  thinks it would be better to start breaking in a new fresh Left Tackle.  I would not be shocked if we traded back out of the chase young sweapstakes to pick up a LT and additional picks to fill out the team

I think most agree we likely have strong internal candidate in both Eric S. and Kyle S. to step up in exec roles. Not sure where Meyer fits into to this, but he will land a high profile, highly paid role in the NFL, the Browns may hunt him down. Plus, as a wildcard, you have the ex Texans GM potentially looking for a return. 

Rivera might have or would like input on the structure. I'm fine with that. He's a respected coach and individual in the NFL world. No harm in getting him hired quickly is he's the guy. 

Today seems a clear step in the right direction, maybe not perfect, but **** me we are a joke. Utter joke. A failed 2 point conversion off picking #1 in the draft.

I'll take today as a win so far.....

I think anyone that doesn't want Rivera doesn't understand what the guy brings to the table. He's a defensive head coach, and preaches discipline. It's a match made in heaven with our roster because our defense is BADLY underperforming. That won't happen under Rivera, not on his watch. Our culture would actually be damn good under him.  

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

Or Dan just didn’t want to interfere and then have somebody say he wasn’t letting Bruce do his job. 

I think Dan gave Bruce all the rope to hang himself.  And I think Trent might have been a length or two of that rope.  

I get the sense folks think Rivera is the next head coach largely because we have confidence Dan will back up the Brinks. Don't let him leave.

I have always been skeptical of our next hire.. My thinking - it will not be a high profile hire because, who would want to come here?

Money solves a lot of problems!  If he leaves, I suspect he won't be back.

1 minute ago, TK said:

Lincoln Riley wants Cowboys . This should be interesting

What do we need to do to convince Jerry to keep the clapper. 

Just now, RandyHolt said:

I get the sense folks think Rivera is the next head coach largely because we have confidence Dan will back up the Brinks. Don't let him leave.

I have always been skeptical of our next hire.. My thinking - it will not be a high profile hire because, who would want to come here?

Money solves a lot of problems!  If he leaves, I suspect he won't be back.

I agree.  But he and his family are on a plane, ostensibly  to sign a deal.  He won’t leave the building.  

Archived