Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

So, it's likely that Rivera brings Steve WIlks to be the DC.. who just happens to run a 4-3 ONE GAP scheme.. which some of us have been screaming about for a few years now.

Jon Allen needs to be a 3 tech in a one gap scheme. Same with Payne (though it would change based on alignment of a given set)

Kerrigan, Anderson, Sweat and (maybe) Young will be hands in the dirt pass rushing ends (as well they should be)

Anderson could start at one OLB spot, and hopefully Foster would be healthy in the middle. Landon Collins would flourish in a defense like this.

Need another corner or two and a FS, and the defense would actually be a strength, as it should be with all these talented players.

38 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Yeah but any new HC coming in is going to pick their own guys. 

So if they don't then they are following the Redskins model.

6 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I’m like you don’t understand the role of a head coach do you? 

Does she just happen to be married to a short guy named Dan?

6 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I had a fellow Redskin fan say that’s fine if Ron is hired but he should t have any say over Haskins.  I was like he has say over everyone on the team.  She says so he should get to wipe it clean if he wants?  Let’s not get carried away.

I’m like you don’t understand the role of a head coach do you? 

I would be very interested in Rons ability to get the young guys like Haskins to buy in. You have to have your QB on board with what you are doing. But if he wont (haskins) then hes gotta go. Hes still a rook. He cant run ****. But you want your Coach to be able to get a guy like Haskins on his side. It, to me, would be a bad sign if he cant. But I would still side with the coach over the player. Thats the only way this works. And I think it helps if the fans emulate that thought process.  

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I would be very interested in Rons ability to get the young guys like Haskins to buy in. You have to have your QB on board with what you are doing. But if he wont (haskins) then hes gotta go. Hes still a rook. He cant run ****. But you want your Coach to be able to get a guy like Haskins on his side. It, to me, would be a bad sign if he cant. But I would still side with the coach over the player. Thats the only way this works. And I think it helps if the fans emulate that thought process.  

Cam Newton loves Riveria.  Said as much when Riveria was released.  He got the best out of him, while allowing him to be himself.  Haskins IMO is not as big of personality as Newton. I think Haskins is going to be happy to work with his new HC.   Maybe he keeps KOC since he is a defensive minded HC.

I just do not think for a minute he does not want Haskins on this team. Now if Haskins does not improve next year then it might be a different story.

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Please keep koc please please please.

I'm not convinced about KOC, but wouldn't mind him getting a chance to grow. He had so many things hamstringing him that I don't know if he's good, bad or average as a play caller. For continuity's sake with Haskins it might be nice.

But was the offense a victim of Haskins' learning curve, Callahan's conservative nature, the lack of tight ends/o line woes, or KOC's growing pains? That's something the next HC has to figure out.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

I'm not convinced about KOC, but wouldn't mind him getting a chance to grow. He had so many things hamstringing him that I don't know if he's good, bad or average as a play caller. For continuity's sake with Haskins it might be nice.

But was the offense a victim of Haskins' learning curve, Callahan's conservative nature, the lack of tight ends/o line woes, or KOC's growing pains? That's something the next HC has to figure out.

Agreed..it just seems the last 4/5 weeks him(koc)and haskins started to gel..

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Rumors are that the last 3 games KOC had more control over the play calling. There was a noticeable difference in the playcalling, being less predictable, and all of the sudden Haskins looking much better. Im all for giving KOC another year to show that and grow with Haskins as so far there seems to be something working there.

Archived