Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Man, I really disagree with this line of thought. We are not bent over at all, in fact, I think it's Trent who's bent over. We have Trent and he either plays for us or he sits and loses more money. Meanwhile, we plan as if he's not coming back and go get Conklin, Glenn or someone else to play LT. 

I agree. We’ll have 60+mil in cap space and another Tackle signed in FA. Trent will have to show to get paid. Or not show and not get paid and not eat cap space. 

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

I just want a deal done because we won't see the same TW on the field that we did before.  I believe he will play this team for all it's worth (i.e., fake injuries etc.).  He will be a waste of cap money and we will get nothing for him in a comp. pick in 2021 with the contracts/players we sign this year.  

suspensions and fines get the money back

19 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Man, I really disagree with this line of thought. We are not bent over at all, in fact, I think it's Trent who's bent over. We have Trent and he either plays for us or he sits and loses more money. Meanwhile, we plan as if he's not coming back and go get Conklin, Glenn or someone else to play LT. 

Regardless of who we bring in, it won't negate the opportunity lost by not getting the appropriate draft compensation in return for a player who is better than most LT's in the league.

You're thinking we can get another tackle and that solves the issue and everything is fine.  I'm looking at the draft picks we lost and thinking about the long term effects on the team.

Trent is worth a 3rd rounder and maybe a conditional pick for 2021.

No team is stupid to give a 1st or 2nd for an aging, injury prone player; who sat out a year.  

They are better drafting a player in the draft and having that rookie contract.

Maybe in the summer, when players get inured; some team may want to trade for him.

Odds are whoever signs him, he will get injured.  He plays for us in 2020, he probably gets injured.

Best value for TW will be early season when contending clubs LTs are injured. No rush to move him.  Stupid to let him go for anything worse than a mid round 2.

If Trent needs the money, he will show and he will play to max his leverage. IF he PLAYS GOOD, then the Skins should let him negotiate a trade with the above limits as long as he shows up and plays. If he pulls the BS again, DNR him and he doesn't accrue a year. Do it again 2021..and so on.

I'd be in no hurry to accommodate him without VERY Good compensation.

28 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trent is worth a 3rd rounder and maybe a conditional pick for 2021.

No team is stupid to give a 1st or 2nd for an aging, injury prone player; who sat out a year.  

Maybe in the summer, when players get inured; some team may want to trade for him.

Odds are whoever signs him, he will get injured.  He plays for us in 2020, he probably gets injured.

If Donovan McNabb was worth a two. Trent is worth five ones.

Why do we always downgrade our own guys?

3 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

He’s not a top LT anymore. 

So, then he'll find that out when nobody wants to pay him top LT money regardless of how they get him.

Either way, there is zero need to do anything to help him get to another team. Somebody already posted some of the new CBA details if passed. 

Via @JSSkinz 

New CBA Holdouts Rule

• Increased fines for holdouts and players who leave training camp without permission.
  • Players under contract who fail to report to camp on time or leaves the team for more than five days without permission will no longer be eligible to earn an accrued season for that year.

This team has cap room to do anything they want in FA to keeping their own players. 

If Trent truly isn't about the money and wanting a fresh start. He'll find a team that he's willing to get paid less just to motivate them to trade something they Skins want. Otherwise, he can cram it.

30 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Best value for TW will be early season when contending clubs LTs are injured. No rush to move him.  Stupid to let him go for anything worse than a mid round 2.

If Trent needs the money, he will show and he will play to max his leverage. IF he PLAYS GOOD, then the Skins should let him negotiate a trade with the above limits as long as he shows up and plays. If he pulls the BS again, DNR him and he doesn't accrue a year. Do it again 2021..and so on.

I'd be in no hurry to accommodate him without VERY Good compensation.

That's a good point, bring it back to the season worse case where teams are more likely to be desperate post injury of their LT or whatever.

The stupidity of Bruce (Standig said he told him this) arguing that Trent's trade value would increase in the off season are all the same things we've talked about here back then.

A.  Trent on a shorter contract -- not as attractive as 2 years.

B. FA.

C.  A great draft for LT.

During the season all of that goes away aside from item A. 

If your not getting what you want in a deal right now, you move forward assuming he won’t play and May be a problem. You sign a decent LT but not break the bank. I think a better deal can be had on draft day honestly, even though I think we’d all like to be done with this. But don’t move him till you are properly compensated. 

There is absolutely no rush to this, he is under contract. If he doesn’t want to play he isn’t gonna be paid. Who knows, maybe he changes his toon too once ANOTHER wasted unpaid season is on the horizon.

Trade market will also bubble back up headed toward week 1 and then again at the trade deadline. No rush to be underpaid. Cut your losses once there are no more options. Also the CBA extending would help the deal get done sooner imo, since an extension is part of it AND the penalties increase while not showing up and not accruing a year. Be patient no need to jump the gun this may get interesting. He’s a distressed asset but still super valuable.

41 minutes ago, Burgold said:

If Donovan McNabb was worth a two. Trent is worth five ones.

Why do we always downgrade our own guys?

Because our FO is hot garbage in the Snyder era.

Sam Bradford coming off injury without a contract was worth a 1st and 4th. 

We just let Cousins walk. 

12 minutes ago, Mooka said:

what comp pick did we get for cousins though?

A 3rd rounder and what movie was it where they asked for their drink machine to be restocked...that's what I'd take or a 3rd rounder and a bag of chips.  Just want him and others that are trying to hold the team hostage, gone!  At some point you just have to move on and this has gone on far too long.

12 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

what comp pick did we get for cousins though?

We got a 3rd for Cousins.  (96th pick)

We traded that 3rd to Buffalo for 2 4th rounders. (112, 131)

Those were Bryce Love and Wes Martin. 

1 hour ago, owa said:

A 3rd rounder and what movie was it where they asked for their drink machine to be restocked...that's what I'd take or a 3rd rounder and a bag of chips.  Just want him and others that are trying to hold the team hostage, gone!  At some point you just have to move on and this has gone on far too long.

I think that was Money Ball.

3 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Regardless of who we bring in, it won't negate the opportunity lost by not getting the appropriate draft compensation in return for a player who is better than most LT's in the league.

You're thinking we can get another tackle and that solves the issue and everything is fine.  I'm looking at the draft picks we lost and thinking about the long term effects on the team.

No, I'm not thinking that way at all. I'm not thinking the issue is solved and everything is fine, I'm thinking show other teams that we signed a left tackle and you don't have us over a barrel. Show them we now have depth and we will ride TW out as long as we need to until we get fair compensation. For those of you who just want to dump him for whatever we can get, think about how it will look when he makes a pro bowl and is in the playoffs and we are left wondering why we only got a 3rd round pick for a pro bowl player? We will look like idiots who let a player and other teams play us. No way, Trent does not hold all the cards here and other teams hold NO cards. If they want Trent then make a fair offer....otherwise go play without Trent and see how far you go.

4 hours ago, Mooka said:

Yep been saying this for years. Just think of the possible draft capital we lost out on between RG3, Kirk and now possible Trent.

To a lessor extent, even guys like Garcon, DeSean, Swearinger, Thompson, Norman and Moses could have garnered some picks, if we had the brains to trade them a yes year earlier instead of attempting to do it 3 years too late. 

Not only that, but Snyder and his idiots love to de-value their own players, by calling them out or even benching them thus giving a possible trade partner the advantage.

All around, imbeciles. 

This impasse might very well come down to Rivera and Williams. I can see a scenario where Trent stays because he understands his value and frankly it’s not what he assumed. Pride.

Rivera runs it, allowed Trent a chance to be free. Trent has to respect that.

Hope he might have an Interest in staying home. Just sayin maybe?

3 hours ago, redrobert said:

This impasse might very well come down to Rivera and Williams. I can see a scenario where Trent stays because he understands his value and frankly it’s not what he assumed. Pride.

Rivera runs it, allowed Trent a chance to be free. Trent has to respect that.

Hope he might have an Interest in staying home. Just sayin maybe?

problem is that would need to happen fairly quickly, assuming the new league year and free agency starts as scheduled.

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The Dolphins were stupid enough to pay a king's ransom for Tunsil. Brucifer :chair:made sure we have no leverage concerning the TW trade. I believe it's going to be a second round pick, time will tell.

On 3/11/2020 at 9:33 PM, carex said:

I wonder why Tunsil gets two firsts and a second and nothing like that for Trent

I keep yelling at the radio when Kevin Sheehan says the same thing! Because Trent wasnt playing without a new crazy contract, even though he had 2 years left on the contract. That makes it a big different situation between the two.

I keep seeing some here say we should of traded him when he had more value last year when he had 2 years on his contract. That is irrelevant, Trent wasnt playing unless he had a new deal. That killed the trade value then just as it does today.

The reason we arent getting any good offers is because TW wants more then he would get as a FA. So you expect a team to over pay and give up draft assets. If TW wasnt such a liar and honor the contract and would play for 12 mil we would have a 1st plus right now! This isnt that hard folks!

Archived