Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just listened to Conner Hughes in a podcast who covers the Jets for the Athletic. He said talking to a number of national sources and Jet sources, he discovered.

A. Redskins had two teams early in the season last year who offered them a first for Trent. The Redskins turned that down.

B. Right on top of the trading deadline, the Redskins went back to those same teams and asked for those first rounders. Those teams then said no because they wanted Trent for the full season and a partial season at the end didn’t warrant a first rounder like it did towards the start of the season.

C. Redskins understand now they won’t get a first for Trent so are insisting on a 2nd.

D. No way are the Jets giving up a 2nd. They would give up a third but not both thirds but a third and perhaps a lower round pick too, tops.

That plot line seems consistent with Sheehan among others that at some point they were offered a first. Keim and Standig are the ones saying the best they got from what they heard was a 2nd. Both points could be true considering this podcast did say that when the Redskins were finally interested in dealing him the first round pick offer expired.

Even going by the more conservative estimates of what was offered last time at the very least it looks like they may have to scramble to get that 2nd rounder they supposedly were offered right before the trading deadline last time.  I recall reading somewhere the Browns aren’t interested in dealing a 2nd rounder either.

Maybe it’s false or just posturing, will see but I presume Trent’s contract demands don’t help.

Bruce (and maybe Danny too?) you friggen idiot(s).

49 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

IMO, I wouldn't let go of him for a 3rd.  I'd make him play out his current contract then hope for a descent Comp pick or see what offers might come along in season.

yeah, I agree.  He'd have to really play to try to get the contract he wants for the next time, so I doubt he could try to pull a repeat of last year

53 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

IMO, I wouldn't let go of him for a 3rd.  I'd make him play out his current contract then hope for a descent Comp pick or see what offers might come along in season.

IF the Browns offered a 3rd and a 5th round pick, I'd make the trade.  With their first 3rd round pick we could secure our TE or OT of the future.  We'd need a stop gap at LOT but we can get one in FA.  TW needs to be off this team.  To me, he parted ways when he demanded and was given permission to seek a trade.  JMO.  :) 

30 minutes ago, RWJ said:

IF the Browns offered a 3rd and a 5th round pick, I'd make the trade.  With their first 3rd round pick we could secure our TE or OT of the future.  We'd need a stop gap at LOT but we can get one in FA.  TW needs to be off this team.  To me, he parted ways when he demanded and was given permission to seek a trade.  JMO.  :) 

I'd probably ask for a 2020 3rd plus a 2021 3rd that converted to a second or even a first based on benchmarks if your scenario was the best offer out there.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Don’t get at least why the Jets or Browns should panic. It’s looking like a killer good draft for the tackle spot. I am surprised they even have an interest in Trent.

Known quantity vs. projection. Some people would much rather go for the given. We know Trent can play at an elite level. Evaluators hope that a draft pick will work out to be a good tackle. If I had a tight window for success, I think I'd rather get Trent unless his contract kneecaps my team.

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don’t get at least why the Jets or Browns should panic. It’s looking like a killer good draft for the tackle spot. I am surprised they even have an interest in Trent.

Frankly, a lot of the teams that seem to be in this seem to suck on the OL and getting a vet or two to go with their new guys could be helpful.  A George Starke to go with their Jacoby, Grimm, Bostic and May

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

I respectfully disagree. Trent stays and plays if we don't get equal compensation. Teams don't dictate to us what we will accept because we are not in any way desperate to deal him. He's a 1st round draft pick of ours who hasn't given the new regime a chance....I see no reason why we would feel like we have to settle to move him. One of the big reasons why Skins mgmt is letting him shop himself is to see what his value is across the league. While his value may not be as high right now it still could become more in the coming months or even in a year? What is wrong with holding on to a potential pro bowl left tackle who is under contract at a reasonable number? 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Because they can afford to front load big contracts now so when their younger players are up for contract they don’t have to worry.

Furthermore, I get that TW may want a change of scenery but the organization he plays for has undergone a complete overhaul with the front office, coaching staff and chief medical physician/trainer. This is becoming more and more about money in my opinion. RR sat down with him and wants him here. Trent may need to re-assess his situation if teams aren't gonna make a reasonable deal for him.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sssssshhhhhhh!!! Let them!!! 🤣

4 hours ago, Burgold said:

I'd probably ask for a 2020 3rd plus a 2021 3rd that converted to a second or even a first based on benchmarks if your scenario was the best offer out there.

Known quantity vs. projection. Some people would much rather go for the given. We know Trent can play at an elite level. Evaluators hope that a draft pick will work out to be a good tackle. If I had a tight window for success, I think I'd rather get Trent unless his contract kneecaps my team.

They have a shot at all likelihood at one of these 4: Thomas, Benton, Wirfs, Willis.

Trent at 2O million a year wouldn’t intrigue me much in their shoes.  If he were younger and less injury prone I’d be all over it.

Now if I were picking  in the mid to late first round, I’d be much more into it. 

2 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

@Skinsinparadise I directly asked Kiem on Twitter and he said his sources said no offer of 1st rounder as early as summer of 2019.

Yeah I know what Keim thinks. Not all who cover the team agree with him on that though, it’s him and Standig who push that point.  Don’t know. But let’s play it Keim’s way, he did say they were offered a 2nd right before the trading deadline, now that appears as best case scenario now, will see.

6 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Teams talk a good game until they’re in panic mode.

Almost an axiomatic truth. 

The irony is that's true both for the future--

If some team loses a tackle to injury, or is unable to get a targeted blind side protector in the draft, their hard line stance not to give up draft capitol beyond a 3rd round pick could melt away like butter on a baked potato.

And in our own team's recent past--

As in the desperation fueled quickness that left Allen shamelessly pulling a last minute 180 and begging GMs for the deals he pompously dismissed without consideration weeks earlier after it became apparent that Trent wasn't coming back before the trade deadline had passed.

4 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Furthermore, I get that TW may want a change of scenery but the organization he plays for has undergone a complete overhaul with the front office, coaching staff and chief medical physician/trainer. This is becoming more and more about money in my opinion. RR sat down with him and wants him here. Trent may need to re-assess his situation if teams aren't gonna make a reasonable deal for him.

This was always about money hombre... it’s just now becoming obvious to some that he was bull****ting his reason for holding out. 

4 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I respectfully disagree. Trent stays and plays if we don't get equal compensation. Teams don't dictate to us what we will accept because we are not in any way desperate to deal him. He's a 1st round draft pick of ours who hasn't given the new regime a chance....I see no reason why we would feel like we have to settle to move him. One of the big reasons why Skins mgmt is letting him shop himself is to see what his value is across the league. While his value may not be as high right now it still could become more in the coming months or even in a year? What is wrong with holding on to a potential pro bowl left tackle who is under contract at a reasonable number? 

What’s wrong is that’s $13m of wasted cap space because there’s no way he’s playing here; we already have enough invested in Alex Smith. He’ll again sit out and Hit the market after the season. It’s a bad business/monetary decision for him, but it was also last year and it’s obvious he’s still living in Lala land now hearing his contract demands.

I’m wondering what you think can happen that would result in his value rising? I don’t see any scenario...

7 hours ago, HigSkin said:

So you'd rather pay a malingering malcontent 12.5 million to have a ****ty attitude and look for every excuse to do nothing while collecting millions because he's throwing a temper tantrum?

You have to move him. Teams know that and are apparently playing hardball. In general teams are really hesitant to give up draft picks this close to the draft.  Hopefully before fa starts we'll have an answer one way or another.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I know what Keim thinks. Not all who cover the team agree with him on that though, it’s him and Standig who push that point.  Don’t know. But let’s play it Keim’s way, he did say they were offered a 2nd right before the trading deadline, now that appears as best case scenario now, will see.

It’s strange, not sure I’ve heard Keim be as aggressive on a stance lol Not a big deal just interesting, especially in March 

Trust Keim on this, folks. There's a difference between: (a) a team official with authority to negotiate & authorize a trade making a 1st round offer to the Skins, and (b) a team official without such authority telling Williams' agent that he believes a 1st will probably get it done. Agents speak to gullible "hey, click at me" internet pseudo-journalists all the time. In the DC media market, some of those guys are Barney Fife to Keim's Andy. Can't fall for everything/believe everything agents (who have an agenda) and others try to sell you just so it gets out in the information web/airwaves.

7 hours ago, crabbypatty said:

So you'd rather pay a malingering malcontent 12.5 million to have a ****ty attitude and look for every excuse to do nothing while collecting millions because he's throwing a temper tantrum?

You have to move him. Teams know that and are apparently playing hardball. In general teams are really hesitant to give up draft picks this close to the draft.  Hopefully before fa starts we'll have an answer one way or another.

Whether or not the team will keep him if no good trade offers appear, they need to keep up that attitude to help their position in the negotiations.

You don't tell prospective car buyers that you really hate the car that you're trying to sell.

30 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

Whether or not the team will keep him if no good trade offers appear, they need to keep up that attitude to help their position in the negotiations.

You don't tell prospective car buyers that you really hate the car that you're trying to sell.

yeah I know. But teams aren't dumb, they talk to people and have networks and all that, they know the deal and they know with every day that passes the vise that is squeezing the FO's balls wrt Trent gets a little tighter. So I can see the hardball angle. Hopefully one team loves him enough or think he will be that much of a difference maker to give up a 2nd rounder and change or 2 third rounders.

Archived