Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Rumor is Trent Williams demands are getting in the way of a trade, whereas teams generally accept Washington’s asking for a 2nd round pick. That’s been reported already. But what if Miami is using their league-leading financial strength as leverage to get the trade price down?

If this is true, it seems dude just keeps shooting himself in the foot. He's too dumb to realize nobody values him at the $$ that he does, so he's just gonna insist and hold up a trade, after burning his bridges here?
Geez I can't wait until he's gone.

2 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:
Rumor is Trent Williams demands are getting in the way of a trade, whereas teams generally accept Washington’s asking for a 2nd round pick. That’s been reported already. But what if Miami is using their league-leading financial strength as leverage to get the trade price down?

Hope so.  Anything to move this fella so we can be compensated with a draft pick or picks.

I don't want TW back, SIP.  When he requested that he be able to look for a trade his loyalty to this team flew out the door to me.  I hope he never dons B&G again and we get at least a 3rd plus for him and we accept that as a compensation.

If the Jets sign Fant, that would likely take them out of the equation, too.  Hopefully that rumor about SD is real. 

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I don't want TW back, SIP.  When he requested that he be able to look for a trade his loyalty to this team flew out the door to me.  I hope he never dons B&G again and we get at least a 3rd plus for him and we accept that as a compensation.

I'd prefer to trade him, too but don't want to deal him for a ham sandwich.  I get the impression that Trent's agent told Trent the world would be at his feat if he was put on the trade market and I am gathering he's discovering that's not the case.  So if Trent is as desperate to leave as some purport -- I'd call Trent and say dude, you are pricing yourself out of the market, so be prepared to return.  My hunch is that perhaps would lower his demands contract wise. 

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If the Jets sign Fant, that would likely take them out of the equation, too.  Hopefully that rumor about SD is real. 

I'd prefer to trade him, too but don't want to deal him for a ham sandwich.  I get the impression that Trent's agent told Trent the world would be at his feat if he was put on the trade market and I am gathering he's discovering that's not the case.  So if Trent is as desperate to leave as some purport -- I'd call Trent and say dude, you are pricing yourself out of the market, so be prepared to return.  My hunch is that perhaps would lower his demands contract wise. 

I hope, SIP.  Just don't want the guy here even though it would leave a big hole.  Lost respect for the guy and Dunbar too.

The whole screw him, he hurt my Burgundy and gold feelings is the same way we ended up trading Chris Webber for a pack of paperclips, and some chips and salsa 20 plus years ago. I don't care about your Burgundy and gold feelings. It's a business, if you all you're getting is Webberesque offers, you stuff him back on our roster and wait for the injuries to pile up after a shortened training camp and shortened preseason negative impact player preparedness then you deal him in August/before the deadline. What you don't do, is panic trade him for dog ---- compensation. A third or less is no better than what we'd likely get in compensatory picks in '22, he has more value to us sitting out again and us waiting for the injuries to recreate a better market place for a deal when teams don't have a giant pile of FA's and draft prospects to choose from (which is why, btw, we should've traded him seven months ago, but of course only the entire fan base and the rest of the NFL knew that, just not the only two people who mattered, idiot Bruce and incompetent dan). 

Trent might be heading to hard negotiating himself right back to where he doesn't want to be -- back as a Redskin.  If I am the Browns or Jets am out on Trent.  I just got a FA tackle and I can add more in a stacked draft -- why mess with an oft injury 32 year old tackle who hasn't played in a year asking for 20 million plus?  My interest would be lukewarm at best at this point.  Hopefully there are other suitors and there is something to the SD interest story but if I am SD and felt I was the only game in town I wouldn't bid that high unless they think it would help lure Brady. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Trent might be heading to hard negotiating himself right back to where he doesn't want to be -- back as a Redskin.  If I am the Browns or Jets am out on Trent.  I just got a FA tackle and I can add more in a stacked draft -- why mess with an oft injury 32 year old tackle who hasn't played in a year asking for 20 million plus?  My interest would be lukewarm at best at this point.  Hopefully there are other suitors and there is something to the SD interest story but if I am SD and felt I was the only game in town I wouldn't bid that high unless they think it would help lure Brady. 

RR's leverage just blew off the roof. I hope TW like the taste of crow. I still think we shouldn't extend him, and trade him early in the season when injuries happen.  TW 2019 antics have cost him big..he should fire his agent

Archived