Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

I’m hopeful we get at least a 2nd for him but I’ll take some combination mid round picks. 

I must say I can’t wait until this is over and I’m slightly enjoying the humble pie Trent and his agent is probably digesting as we speak. 

Common case of thinking you’re more valuable than you truly are. 

Hail!!

A lot of bad optics for Trent here. Held out. Missed a year. Everything that he said he didn't like was changed. Now it's about the money. Turned down a better contract here only to find less interest on the free market. Had the dog attack over the summer. Allowing Trent to test the trade market may have been a brilliant little gambit by Rivera and company, who likely knew that the results would rebuff Trent's sense of self monetary and draft capital worth, if Trent were a rational person. It's looking more and more like that isn't the case. Trent and his team look pretty desperate to save face at this point. It looks very unlikely that another team is going to offer a second, never mind offering Trent more money than we already did. 

Screw him. Let him sit and stew. I am praying that the players agree to the new CBA and that Trent can't hold out and still become a FA this year. At this point I'm hoping that we make him play for the money he's already owed this year, franchise him next year, and let him go as a 33 year old in two years, after we've found a suitable replacement. 

44 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Submitted for your perusal from that unimpeachable bastion of fourth estate integrity All Pro Analytics:

If true, Trent either wants out of DC so bad that he's making emotional decisions without regard to financial outcome (which is his right) or his advisers are damn near criminally inept.

If this is true, Trent’s reaction.

5F7DFEB7-52B1-44C0-AD24-771361CB9AB4.gif.e62512f08d1109484ebb126c63a68438.gif

2 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Also, you just made me smarter because I had to google, "fourth estate"! 😂

At least you knew what bastion meant! :)

2 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

All Pro Analytics likes to throw stuff at the wall to see if it sticks. He was super confident that Trent was getting traded to Cleveland before the trade deadline. 

Yeah, it could be true BUT they're a very dubious outfit to be breaking what otherwise would be a major story. Hours later there doesn't appear to be any corroboration from more reputable media outlets.

Time will tell.

Trent Williams is an idiot.  He proved that by failing two announced drug tests.  He has been a beast on the field for us but I am sorry he has brought all of this on himself.  Quite a feat when I side with Snyder and the franchise.  Well done Mr. Williams lol.  Enjoy your 12.5 and franchise tag next year.  

I think I have my realistic trade.  Ron Rivera has talked over and over again about how his defense values MLB. The Jets are interested in Trent, and have salary cap problems. We were interested in CJ Mosley last year but the Jets gave him that huge contract. Trent Williams for CJ Mosley fixes our run defense and gives us that stud MLB that Rivera craves. The Jets paid Mosley's signing bonus, so that is less annual cap hit for us. He's going to be 28 in June. His main injury history is a groin injury that required surgery and should be healed. 

Chase Young, Allen, Payne, Ioannidis, Sweat, Mosley, Dunbar. That is a super super solid defensive core. Add in SDH and Cole Holcomb, possibly Moreland, and some solid lower tier FA such as Boston and Fuller, and that is a reliable top 8 defense. 

32 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I think I have my realistic trade.  Ron Rivera has talked over and over again about how his defense values MLB. The Jets are interested in Trent, and have salary cap problems. We were interested in CJ Mosley last year but the Jets gave him that huge contract. Trent Williams for CJ Mosley fixes our run defense and gives us that stud MLB that Rivera craves. The Jets paid Mosley's signing bonus, so that is less annual cap hit for us. He's going to be 28 in June. His main injury history is a groin injury that required surgery and should be healed. 

Chase Young, Allen, Payne, Ioannidis, Sweat, Mosley, Dunbar. That is a super super solid defensive core. Add in SDH and Cole Holcomb, possibly Moreland, and some solid lower tier FA such as Boston and Fuller, and that is a reliable top 8 defense. 

Sounds good, but taking away the signing bonus what is left to pay over the remainder of his contract?. 

HTTR 

11 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Sounds good, but taking away the signing bonus what is left to pay over the remainder of his contract?. 

HTTR 

It's still pricey, but shouldn't be bad under a new CBA. About 16 million a year. I'd rather pay that to CJ Mosley than an OG, frankly. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/c.j.-mosley-14426/

I still think the biggest hurdle is not compensation for the Skins but somebody agree KBR to pay Trent’s contract demands.  If a team is willing to do that, I am pretty sure a deal can be had.  

My guess is there aren’t a lot of teams who want to pay Trent what he wants.  

Additionally, if I was the Skins, I would say the following to Trent:

”You have until the new league year where we are willing to take somewhat less compensation (maybe a 3rd + something else) because we get the immediate cap relief and can spend the money in free agency.  HOWEVER.  If you fail to make the trade prior to the new league year, whenever that is, the compensation demand goes UP.  Because we would not have been able to spend the money in FA.  And at that point we have to recover your entire value through the draft. 

We want to make this work for you, but you have to work with us too.”

3 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

It's still pricey, but shouldn't be bad under a new CBA. About 16 million a year. I'd rather pay that to CJ Mosley than an OG, frankly. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/c.j.-mosley-14426/

I like it and even if it's not Moseley I think this is the kind of deal we may find for TW. Player for player, malcontent for malcontent or big contract at one position for big contract at another. No one wants to give up high draft picks at this point for a guy demanding huge free agent dollars. Trent for Khalil Mack works for me too.....I love your thinking of building this defense to be so good that the young guys on offense have time to grow while the defense keeps them in games. Run the ball, play defense....smashmouth on both sides of the ball. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I still think the biggest hurdle is not compensation for the Skins but somebody agree KBR to pay Trent’s contract demands.  If a team is willing to do that, I am pretty sure a deal can be had.  

My guess is there aren’t a lot of teams who want to pay Trent what he wants.  

Additionally, if I was the Skins, I would say the following to Trent:

”You have until the new league year where we are willing to take somewhat less compensation (maybe a 3rd + something else) because we get the immediate cap relief and can spend the money in free agency.  HOWEVER.  If you fail to make the trade prior to the new league year, whenever that is, the compensation demand goes UP.  Because we would not have been able to spend the money in FA.  And at that point we have to recover your entire value through the draft. 

We want to make this work for you, but you have to work with us too.”

Makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised that once Trent see's the guys we've added coupled with the new coaching staff that he may realize his best place to be is in Washington. Gerald McCoy called RR the best coach he ever played for.....Trent would probably love playing for RR. 

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised that once Trent see's the guys we've added coupled with the new coaching staff that he may realize his best place to be is in Washington. Gerald McCoy called RR the best coach he ever played for.....Trent would probably love playing for RR. 

Yeah, I think he wants out no matter what.  Just time for a change.  And I am completely fine with that.  

However, the 'Skins need to be compensated.  I'm NOT one of those who say "nothing but a second," because you also get the cap savings, and $12m more at the beginning of FA allows you to really be aggressive.  I'd be willing to take less than market value in the draft because you get the cap savings and you get this whole mess behind you. And yeah, we can **** about how Bruce screwed it up.  But at the end of the day, it's time to move on.  

However, if this drags onto the draft, then I think the compensation goes up.  On draft day, the compensation has to be more than a 3rd. It has to be a second at the least and maybe a high second.  Or things which add up to it. Because you've carried Trent's salary to the draft, weren't able to use it to go after additional free agents, and presumably have a need you need to fill through the draft.  

37 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I like it and even if it's not Moseley I think this is the kind of deal we may find for TW. Player for player, malcontent for malcontent or big contract at one position for big contract at another. No one wants to give up high draft picks at this point for a guy demanding huge free agent dollars. Trent for Khalil Mack works for me too.....I love your thinking of building this defense to be so good that the young guys on offense have time to grow while the defense keeps them in games. Run the ball, play defense....smashmouth on both sides of the ball. 

I think Trent made sure he burned those bridges. I'm sure the team know what is bull**** about his story and what isn't over the last 2 years. If they've rescinded their contact offer, there basically telling him to get bent.. as well they should.

He wants to play games I hope he gets some bottom dollar contact with the Jets or some other basement dweller like here.

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Like it. Make it so as Picard would say.

5 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Wonder if the CBA includes the new rules that make it harder for Trent to simply sit out again. 

I think it ends the whole, report by game 8 and you accrue a year towards FA B.S. I think if you have any substantive holdout, you don't accrue that year. It also makes all fines mandatory, but we will see how enforceable that is. Trent is going to have to play if we make him. 

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Those rules don’t go into effect until 2021. 

Then we tell him he can sit this year, but we are franchising him in 2021 and he'll have to play. If we are losing a 3rd round pick and he is losing a 2nd year of salary in a row, who's loss is bigger? 

I'm all about trading him for the right price. Even two 3rds. But if it's one 3rd, screw it. Let him stew. 

On 3/14/2020 at 11:53 AM, Sean 3621 said:

I’d really like to get the Miami deal 5,18and 2nd rounder 

Then take 18 and Trent for 10 

that would gives us two top ten picks

Browns get to keep their 1st and get get a LT

We take Simmons or Okudah at 5

Thomas Becton Wirfs at 10

use the 2nd on Kmet or Trautman 

I would rather have a second rounder straight up for Trent and draft Young at number 2. 

Archived