Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Montez Sweat Mississippi St.

PCS

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Absolutely. Guy talked about breaking the all time duo sack record with Young. They got like what 5 sacks on the year? I think Chandler Jones had that in one game lolol.

Loooool… it still becomes a Chase bashing post. I couldn’t have scripted it any better if I tried.

4 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Second game in three where Sweat didn't show up anywhere on the stat sheet. Just wondering if we're allowed to criticize his productivity as well.

Is there ever any post of yours that doesn't have a bait and line attached to it? 

Sweat is at least looking like a solid 1st rounder, which is more than we can say about some other guy on our DL. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Is there ever any post of yours that doesn't have a bait and line attached to it? 

Sweat is at least looking like a solid 1st rounder, which is more than we can say about some other guy on our DL. 

PP is pissed because Chase Young is getting (rightfully) deserved heat and he doesn't think anyone else is. 

There's a lot of things to like about Sweat, but he lacks two traits star pass rushers have.  I'd be fine keeping him on our roster for 2 more years, or trading him for a 1st.

I think he kind of is who he is by now.  He's a 'B' player.  Above average but I suspect he won't ever be great.

I really want to watch a bunch of the top two pass rushers.  There's a chance (small one) that Edge is BPA on our board.  Recouping value for Sweat would make it worth it.

15 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

There's a lot of things to like about Sweat, but he lacks two traits star pass rushers have.  I'd be fine keeping him on our roster for 2 more years, or trading him for a 1st.

I think he kind of is who he is by now.  He's a 'B' player.  Above average but I suspect he won't ever be great.

I really want to watch a bunch of the top two pass rushers.  There's a chance (small one) that Edge is BPA on our board.  Recouping value for Sweat would make it worth it.

Was just thinking about this (trading Sweat) the other day, mainly from the context of trading for a qb though (draft or otherwise).  As for Sweat himself, I find it a bit difficult to judge - to parse his play from the poor play in the back 7, offensive issues (never playing with a sizable lead) and factoring in who we played last year vs this year.  I think he’s got a ceiling of an A- player and a floor of B level play, but I’m not sure…

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2021 at 1:19 PM, skinfan2k said:

i always called this a wasted pick.  Why trade back into the first round when we already drafted 2 1st DTs?  shouldn't they be able to pick up others around them. 

The wasted pick was Chase Young. 

The logic behind Sweat made sense. He had length and athletic ability to play on the right, and the size and run stopping ability to play on the left side.

You trade up to get a premier rusher with Preston out and Kerrigan approaching the cliff of his career. 

Doubled down with Chase. You can see what Rivera is thinking considering when he played, who he grew up watching. But, it wasn't rational to continually exhaust premium resources on one area. 

Unfortunately that now will mean Sweat is out. The vaccine situation has clearly frosted relations internally, and I do expect he'll be traded in the next two seasons. 

It's either or at this point, and you have to keep Young to see if he figures it out. A 2nd+3rd or a 1st would be ideal for Sweat. Basically a re-do. 

Edited by Silvernon
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, SeatCushionGame said:

This is great news!  Since he now has Covid, Montez will get the vaccine.

:ols:

I'd forgotten that he said this:  "I haven't caught COVID yet so I don't see me treating COVID until I actually get COVID."

From the "How To Know You're A Moron In One Simple Step" files.

• Haha 3

On 12/9/2021 at 5:45 AM, Silvernon said:

The wasted pick was Chase Young. 

The logic behind Sweat made sense. He had length and athletic ability to play on the right, and the size and run stopping ability to play on the left side.

You trade up to get a premier rusher with Preston out and Kerrigan approaching the cliff of his career. 

Doubled down with Chase. You can see what Rivera is thinking considering when he played, who he grew up watching. But, it wasn't rational to continually exhaust premium resources on one area. 

Unfortunately that now will mean Sweat is out. The vaccine situation has clearly frosted relations internally, and I do expect he'll be traded in the next two seasons. 

It's either or at this point, and you have to keep Young to see if he figures it out. A 2nd+3rd or a 1st would be ideal for Sweat. Basically a re-do. 

who’s going to want him knowing he didn’t get a shot (assuming Covid is till around)