Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Montez Sweat Mississippi St.

PCS

1 hour ago, DEASkins said:

If he learns from this and changes than that would be an even better outcome. Almost no reason for professional athletes to not be vaccinated based on the consequences to your team alone

Stupid people do stupid things and never learn from it because they are stupid.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I still have no idea why everyone is blaming Montez. Because he’s unvaccinated was he going around licking peoples mouth guards?

It's a respiratory virus. A highly contagious one at that. 🤷‍♂️

**** Monte Sweat. He's a selfish ignoramus. He proved that over the summer.

• Thumb down 1

I’m legitimately confused. Has he been shown to be patient zero? You do know you can get it and spread it was the vax. I know because it happened to me. Just because he refused to get vaccinated, stupid as it is, doesn’t necessarily mean he was the one who brought it into the locker room. Or are we at that point where we’ll just automatically blame someone? Shrug. Dunno. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Great now Allen is on the COVID list. Thanks again Monty. Freaking moron. My desire to trade him grows more and more everyday.

Is there any confirmation he was even in the building?  I mean, he was on IR.  

It seems to reason Montez was patient zero here but we’re speculating I think.  

• Thumb down 1

I mean not to necessarily defend Sweat, but, the anger at him around assumptions about other people getting infected is absolutely bizarre and irrational. 

Sweats personal health and decisions are his own faults, but now apparently many armchair WebMD/lockerroom experts are saying all of the vaccinated players have now gotten infected and its Sweats fault?  So just to clarify, apparently if he was vaccinated he couldn't get it because vaccinated people cant get it and he would be protecting his teammates.  Except all of the other players are vaccinated and all got it.  If it was literally that easy for one person to infect the majority of vaccinated people around them(and as non-vax he has to wear masks etc and live by different protocols in the facility including social distancing and daily tests), then wouldnt they have all gotten it long ago?  Also, apparently Sweat was visiting all of the NFL teams because there was a huge number of positive tests around the entire league.  And Sweat is being tested every day, meaning they caught it very quickly, meanwhile the NFL(Despite what the NFLPA has pushed) is only testing vaccinated players once every 7 days, and we KNOW they have gotten infected so they could have been infecting teammates for up to a week. And. And. And.

• Like 5
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 2

32 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I mean not to necessarily defend Sweat, but, the anger at him around assumptions about other people getting infected is absolutely bizarre and irrational. 

I think you can chalk this up to the cumulative effect. Instead of the NFL making it mandatory for all players to be vaccinated they wrote rules that basically made it obvious all players should be vaccinated if they wanted their own personal freedoms and to not handicap the team they play for. Sweat is paying for his dumb dumb decision and not only has the team suffered because he was not available on game day but add that to the possibility that he has caused others to be infected just makes him the source of our resentment and anger whether it's rational or not

7 minutes ago, duffy said:

37 new cases across the league and guys on here burning Montez at the stake 🤣

It's not about having Covid. It's about the night and day difference in restrictions the NFL rules apply to those that are unvaccinated compared to those that are and how it affects their availability for game day

Sweat played his personal game of Covid Roulette and lost so hopefully he learned his lesson from all of this and gets vaccinated. Obviously it's a choice but in professional team sports where your availability is important you really don't have a choice. 2 negative tests is considerably easier than a mandatory 10 days

Edited by DEASkins

50 minutes ago, DEASkins said:

I think you can chalk this up to the cumulative effect. Instead of the NFL making it mandatory for all players to be vaccinated they wrote rules that basically made it obvious all players should be vaccinated if they wanted their own personal freedoms and to not handicap the team they play for. Sweat is paying for his dumb dumb decision and not only has the team suffered because he was not available on game day but add that to the possibility that he has caused others to be infected just makes him the source of our resentment and anger whether it's rational or not

It's not about having Covid. It's about the night and day difference in restrictions the NFL rules apply to those that are unvaccinated compared to those that are and how it affects their availability for game day

Sweat played his personal game of Covid Roulette and lost so hopefully he learned his lesson from all of this and gets vaccinated. Obviously it's a choice but in professional team sports where your availability is important you really don't have a choice. 2 negative tests is considerably easier than a mandatory 10 days

If you wanna criticize him for the repercussions of not being vaccinated and thus out longer than those who are then that’s certainly justifiable. If you wanna burn him at the stake because for some reason you’ve gotten it into your head that because he’s unvaccinated he must have been the one who gave it to everyone else DESPITE having the knowledge that both vaxxed and unvaxxed can get and spread the virus, it’s pathetic.

the way people have treated Chase and Montez around here because they weren’t performing up to someone’s entitled expectations, well it makes sense few FA want to come here and/or stay here. The hyperbole and random garbage made up to create ridiculous villainous narratives makes me not want to even post here anymore.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Most of the anger directed at Montez stems from the stupidity of his statement over COVID several months ago. It demonstrated a selfish arrogance as opposed to a slightly wider perspective for someone operating in a relatively close working environment with many others.

He can think and say what he likes. I also don’t care if he’s vaccinated. But translate that to any workplace in the world, it’s hardly a recipe for popularity...:ols:

• Like 1

My SIL is a Doctor working in a major Phily hospital and this weekend we asked him if Covid was still a major problem and he said yes but we have the room and personnel to handle it at this time. He then said some young guy around 35 with a fam died from it this week and he was not vaccinated. Guy kept saying how stupid he was before the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Snagletooth said:

I love that Montez is making a stand.  Freedom comes with a cost.  If that means being hated and dehumanized by the radically self righteous Notzies like those from the Tailgate so be it just shows his courage!  

This post is a "let's go Brandon" away from wearing a helmet on a short bus to the trailer behind the school.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

If you wanna criticize him for the repercussions of not being vaccinated and thus out longer than those who are then that’s certainly justifiable. If you wanna burn him at the stake because for some reason you’ve gotten it into your head that because he’s unvaccinated he must have been the one who gave it to everyone else DESPITE having the knowledge that both vaxxed and unvaxxed can get and spread the virus, it’s pathetic.

the way people have treated Chase and Montez around here because they weren’t performing up to someone’s entitled expectations, well it makes sense few FA want to come here and/or stay here. The hyperbole and random garbage made up to create ridiculous villainous narratives makes me not want to even post here anymore.

I think his choice to not get vaccinated is silly based on the ramifications to each team concerning the differences in penalties between the vaxed and unvaxed like you mentioned above. Getting vaccinated is a personal choice and each situation is different. In the instance of the NFL, not being vaccinated can truly handicap a team's run at a championship. 

I think it's quite obvious at this point that the biggest medical benefit to getting vaccinated is that it greatly reduces an infected persons chance of dying or getting extremely sick from Covid based on an individuals health. My wife is an accountant for a medical company so she had to get vaccinated or be fired. For her to not get vaccinated would have been a dumb decision because the consequences greatly outweighed getting vaxed. 

I own a very small high rise window cleaning company and am outside most of the time so there is no medical reason for me to be vaccinated at this point so like you I don't view Sweat as a villain for not getting jabbed I just think he has made a dumb decision specifically related to the consequences.

Edited by DEASkins

Frankly, I'm not sure it should be framed as a personal choice. When all of us got our mandatory vaccinations in elementary school there was no "personal choice" option. 700,000 Americans have died because of COVID. There comes a time when you do what's best for your family, friends, and community and stop thinking only about yourself.

In football terms, statistically, the vaccine has proven to cause no harm. So, even if one questions its effectiveness at preventing the disease or softening its effects, it's still the thing to do because it allows you to get back on the field quicker. It shows unity with your team. And there is no downside to getting the jab.

Edit: Just looked it up. 797,000 deaths.

Edited by Burgold
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

We had a top medical expert come into the locker room and explain it in the simplest of terms for the football players and Sweats reply was "I don't need the vaccine, because I don't have covid. If I get covid, I'll get the vaccine". That is why we are all pointing and laughing at him.

By choosing to not get the vaccine, you run a higher risk of getting covid. Covid thrives longer in you. You have a higher percentage of testing positive and missing games, as well as a higher percentage of spreading it to others. He chose to do this to the team and that is why we are angry.

As far as being blamed for the outbreak, well, when you publicly come out and tell everyone that you're a selfish idiot and plan to push your luck, then you are hanging the bullseye on your own back. If it comes out that he was taking precautions and someone else gave him covid, I'll still be pissed and blame him for all the rest of it, because he earned that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2