Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Montez Sweat Mississippi St.

The fact that we get to look forward to Montez Sweat and Chase Young wreaking havoc for the next decade brings a smile to my face. They make watching our defense so much fun. Best part? They're still learning. So much potential in both of them waiting to be fully realized.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, CTskin said:

No doubt. But the critiques were not about him being misused, they were flat out saying that we reached, wasted a pick, there was a reason he was falling out of the first round, he had no explosion, got pushed around, and that it set us back. Even in the 2020 draft thread people were wishing they didn’t give away the 2nd rounder.

If he hadn’t been completely wasted by Manusky and company people wouldn’t have had that opinion, is my point.  

This is a constant topic of conversation in the Chase Young thread, but I think is an even better question here. Who do you choose/who do you think NFL GM's would choose? Montez Sweat, or Nick Bosa? I said at the time of the draft that Montez could easily have the better career becaause of athletic traits, size/length, and the Bosa injury history. That all only looks more true now. 

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

This is a constant topic of conversation in the Chase Young thread, but I think is an even better question here. Who do you choose/who do you think NFL GM's would choose? Montez Sweat, or Nick Bosa? I said at the time of the draft that Montez could easily have the better career becaause of athletic traits, size/length, and the Bosa injury history. That all only looks more true now. 

Jury is still out on this one. Bosa did have a fantastic rookie season. If he gets another injury, or he doesn't return to form after this one, then you'll be proven right. 

43 minutes ago, Rskins91 said:

Jury is still out on this one. Bosa did have a fantastic rookie season. If he gets another injury, or he doesn't return to form after this one, then you'll be proven right. 

Well of course the jury is still out. The question is, knowing only what we know, who would you take right now?

3 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Bosa assuming he returns to form when healthy. Sweat has been really good but Bosa looks like a future DPOTY type guy.

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Bosa assuming he returns to form when healthy. Sweat has been really good but Bosa looks like a future DPOTY type guy.

I have the opposite take. I think Bosa came into the league much closer to his ceiling and is unlikely to ever reach his ceiling given his penchant for injuries. Even if he does make a full recovery from this one. He looks like his ceiling is a high impact 12 sack guy. Not a 15-20 sack guy. He just doesn't have the burst or length for that I don't think.