Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Montez Sweat Mississippi St.

PCS

Well now. Didn't see this one coming. Welcome to the Redskins young man. 

Montez Sweat NFL.COM Profile

2562349.png&f=png&w=308&c=71

"Edge" Mississippi St. 

HEIGHT 6' 6"WEIGHT

WEIGHT 260 lbs

ARMS 35 3/4”

HANDS 10 1/2”

Combine Results: 

40 Yard Dash

4.41u

SECONDS

Bench Press

REPS

Vertical Jump

INCHES

Broad Jump

INCHES

3 Cone Drill

SECONDS

20 Yd Shuttle

SECONDS

Overview

Some will see Sweat as a leggy edge prospect with average play strength and a lack of refinement in his pass rush. I see a talent, similar to Danielle Hunter out of LSU, with above-average length and a prospect who should continue to grow into his frame, allowing him to unleash his rush flashes into a consistent attack. His transition as an NFL rusher will take some time, but like Hunter, he should come out on the other side as a good, impact starter as an every-down edge defender.

Strengths

Should continue to grow into long frame

Surprising power in punch

Better upper-body strength than frame might suggest

Ability to press and separate from blocker

Creates a leverage point with hand strikes

Long second stride gobbles up ground in upfield rush

Unchecked upfield charge creates momentum to corner the embankment

Uses length to his advantage

Can flurry hands during rush to discombobulate tackles

Long-arms blocker's frame and can pivot from edge to edge

Slippery hips to slither around top of half-man engagements

Decent inside counter effectiveness

Length to corral scramblers inside the pocket bolsters sack totals

*Click Link For More

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Didn’t the Redskins just recently sign a DE to a 3-yr. $21m contract?  Did Ioannidis just become chopped liver with this pick?  Ioannidis isn’t even listed among the front 7.  I don’t get it.  I realize that hindsight is 20/20, but was he ever worth that kind of money, even without Sweat?

• Haha 1

Just now, SB17 said:

Didn’t the Redskins just recently sign a DE to a 3-yr. $21m contract?  Did Ioannidis just become chopped liver with this pick?  Ioannidis isn’t even listed among the front 7.  I don’t get it.  I realize that hindsight is 20/20, but was he ever worth that kind of money, even without Sweat?

Ioannidis is an interior DL player, Sweat is an Edge player and will be rushing from the outside. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SB17 said:

Different positions entirely, these guys will help each other. And on top of that it was a very reasonable contract extension. 

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

the way I read it on tv tonight was that we RECEIVED the colts 2020 2nd round pick. is that not true? did the colts receive OUR 2020 2nd round pick? 

Obviously. Why would they pay us to move down to a lower pick this year? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

they wouldn't. PCS said in his post that the we gave them OUR 2020 2nd round pick, so I was just asking if he saw that correctly, since that's not what I saw on tv. 

Right, but what's the alternative lol. We obviously had to give them something to swap places and take our 2nd for their 1st. You should have known whatever you saw on TV was impossible!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1