Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Montez Sweat Mississippi St.

PCS

I like what we have done so far and really like moving up to get Sweat.  Seems like teams dropped him for a non-existent issue but then never added him back for whatever reason.  That part makes me a little concerned.  

That said, the Skins fan in me is glad we look good on paper but am ready for an injury-plagued 6-10 season.

1 hour ago, Skins Skeptic said:

Ummm, what? Really, what? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Saquon will become a non-factor when he loses his other-worldly athleticism. He is a freak that is destined for the HoF if he stays healthy. Generational talent. I love that we got Sweat too, but be realistic.

I meant only when he plays the Redskins. It’s not too hard to predict when just last season he rushed for a measly 38 yards on 13 carries and caught 9 passes for a whopping 10 yards. However, his 2nd game against us he shredded our D for 170 yards on the ground. Montez Sweat and newly acquired LB Foster and SS Collins should easily, in my opinion, repeat what we already achieved once last year and years to come and that is to make Barkley a non-factor. 

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

That said, the Skins fan in me is glad we look good on paper but am ready for an injury-plagued 6-10 season.

Yeah, it at least feels like we've lost our first round draft pick to injury, for like 10 years in a row.  

1 hour ago, JaxJoe said:

I meant only when he plays the Redskins. It’s not too hard to predict when just last season he rushed for a measly 38 yards on 13 carries and caught 9 passes for a whopping 10 yards. However, his 2nd game against us he shredded our D for 170 yards on the ground. Montez Sweat and newly acquired LB Foster and SS Collins should easily, in my opinion, repeat what we already achieved once last year and years to come and that is to make Barkley a non-factor. 

Anything can happen in a game, but the only way Barkley is a non-factor over time against us or anyone else is either injury or ineptitude by the Giants. We'd have to be 2000 Ravens good on D to think that's possible. 

• Like 2

When I compare tape on Sweat vs. Burns there is no comparison. Sweat sets an edge incredibly well. Burns struggles with that aspect of the game. They are both speed rushers and Burns may actually have more upside as a pure pass rusher. But Sweat is by far a superior player in early downs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Larry said:

Think somebody said his 40 was faster than OBJ.

Sweat's 4.41 40 in Indianapolis

other players in their respective Combines 

-AJ Green (4.50)

-Tyrann Mathieu (4.50)

-Devin McCourty (4.48)

-Christian McCaffrey (4.48)

-Derwin James (4.47)

-Stefon Diggs (4.46)

-Odell Beckham Jr. (4.43)

-Calvin Ridley (4.43)

-Amari Cooper (4.42)

-Golden Tate (4.42)

-Tarik Cohen (4.42)

-DJ Moore (4.42)

• Like 5

I thought Kyle Smith was running the drafts now. He should probably be getting more credit than he is. I doubt Snyder and Allen have for some reason decided to take it over. That would be stupid with how well Kyle has been doing.

Yet another smart pick, Sweat has all the tools to be great.  On paper, this defense has everything it needs on all three levels.  Our defensive staff, especially Manusky, has a big spotlight on them.  Other than injury, there's no reason why this Defense can't be a top 10.  

I do not envy these guys being interviewed like this. I would hate it, kudos to Sweat and Haskins for handling the interview pretty well. 

Got a better feel for Haskins after this interview and he's quick to compliment other players and the organization. Didn't come off as a 'me' type player at all, which is an awful trait for a QB. 

Sweat, seems like a laid back chill dude. The Ryan Anderson question was stupid, obviously the starter hasn't been discussed yet, he's never even practiced in a Redskins uniform. Also, Ryan Kerrigan is a superstar person as if we didn't know that. Immediately reaches out to Sweat and asks if there's anything he can do to help ease him into the city. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

17 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

Sweat's 4.41 40 in Indianapolis

other players in their respective Combines 

-AJ Green (4.50)

-Tyrann Mathieu (4.50)

-Devin McCourty (4.48)

-Christian McCaffrey (4.48)

-Derwin James (4.47)

-Stefon Diggs (4.46)

-Odell Beckham Jr. (4.43)

-Calvin Ridley (4.43)

-Amari Cooper (4.42)

-Golden Tate (4.42)

-Tarik Cohen (4.42)

-DJ Moore (4.42)

I remember watching the combine coverage and they do the overlay of different players running the 40.  Looked so funny with him running faster than players who are 8 inches shorter than him.  I have not seen game film of him but did watch the senior bowl practices and game, he stood out more than any player there to me. Never thought we would have a chance to get him, my hopes are high for him and many others drafted this year. HTTR.

44 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Dre was a very solid player for us. I’m hoping Sweat can be better 

I always felt bad for that guy. 49ers run a 4-3 and he dominates, they switch to a 3-4 and he regresses. We get him and are running a 4-3, he does great so then we switch and his numbers dipped.  I believe had he played his whole career as a 4-3 end his numbers would have been much better.

On 4/26/2019 at 6:50 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

hopefully he is healthy, i know they texans doctor said he may have been misdiagnosed but the texans didn’t draft him.... i don’t know if an NFL team would play games with someone’s heart, but idk....  Also, seems like a lot of teams took edge rushers in this round, so this pick is mostly about parity than giving us an advantage.  Good news is it didn’t cost too much. (basically a second rounder next year)

Ok, look...first of all there's no way for them to know if it's a degenerative disease.  We don't have that technology yet, so that's complete BS.  second, cardiomegaly or an enlarged heart happens to a lot of big people.  Think about it...if you show overgrown size on the exterior then you'll likely have overgrown proportions in the interior.  Either he has simply a larger then normal heart by the default standards or he just has a bigger heart then the normal values.  Nothing alarming at all here until you track this.  Example, you'd do an MRI and document the measurements in year 1.  Year 2 you do the same...same for year 3.  Now, take those measurements and compare.  A consideration is where the patient is still 'growing', then they have to compare if he's growing at an unusual rate. Danger doesn't come into play until the heart outgrows the cavity that it sits in.  Here, you would get a heart squeeze if this were the case, when it is under load.  Results is CHF or congestive heart failure.  CHF manifests in shortness of breath and a backup of fluid into the lungs. Very unusual and diagnosed easily with listening to the lungs.  There are rare cases when a true degenerative disease directly affects the heart and the heart just grows out of control.  Sweat doesn't seem to have that or he'd not be running a 4.4 in the 40.  He probably does have some cardiomegaly, but if you measured the hearts of the entire NFL, you'd find that this is not unusual.  Cheers! 

• Like 1