Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Montez Sweat Mississippi St.

PCS

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

How so?

Also, it's hard to see Holcomb making a huge difference. We need a talent infusion at the position. 

Complete opinion, but I have not supported his rationale for time management, flip flopping on competing/rebuilding, emotional responses relating to the Haskins benching, and one or two others I can’t think of off the top.

This all gives me the feeling Ron is operating primarily on his own and not much group think is going on, resulting in his ego rising to the surface at times of friction (like a bad loss(es) or a QB change) versus logic with the support of a group.

Amateur psychoanalysis. No conclusions made about Ron. 

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

He was injured.

But last year he was pretty poor as a downhill player and coverage guy. His major positive is he has a nose for the ball so he got tackles in spades. Relatively good tackler, too. He's a really solid reserve backer I think. Along with KPL. 

We need starters.

Maybe Cole got more aggressive. He has the speed and desire.

But even if he did, we're still short on LBs. 

Do you like Hudson, as a future starter ?

Also, remember, JHC comes back next year, though he may still be in the 'project stage'

43 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Do you like Hudson, as a future starter ?

Also, remember, JHC comes back next year, though he may still be in the 'project stage'

Hard to say on Hudson. I saw him as a safety/lb hybrid moreso in college in his Viper position. I’m not sure if he can play as a box backer or not. I was surprised the org looked at him more as a backer. Which they obviously know more than I do, so I am not saying I disagree. Just caught me by surprise a little.

JHC is a guy that’s been hyped for awhile that I’ve yet to see any real LB play from? Can he do it? Maybe. But right now he doesn’t move the needle for me.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Hard to say on Hudson. I saw him as a safety/lb hybrid moreso in college in his Viper position. I’m not sure if he can play as a box backer or not. I was surprised the org looked at him more as a backer. Which they obviously know more than I do, so I am not saying I disagree. Just caught me by surprise a little.

It'll work out nicely.

Because regardless of whether Hudson makes a better safety, or a better linebacker, we have multiple job openings at BOTH of those positions, so he's guaranteed a job, no matter which position he's cut out for 😆

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Sweat should be Hawaii bound this year.

Sweat should be a contender for 1st team all pro.  He has had a huge impact. If our record was better, and he was more of a household name, he might have a shot.  But I have a hard time believing anyone is playing the position better right now.  Consistently disruptive.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Sweat should be a contender for 1st team all pro.  He has had a huge impact. If our record was better, and he was more of a household name, he might have a shot.  But I have a hard time believing anyone is playing the position better right now.  Consistently disruptive.

I absolutely like how he played this year so far. His run defense is tremendous and his pass rush is decent. However, I am always fascinated by what people think is enough to warrant a first team All-Pro selection. There are two spots for first team All-Pro edge rushers. There is no way that Sweat has played better than Myles Garett, TJ Watt or Khalil Mack this year. People have to start watching other teams. Pro Bowl yes, there is a chance, but for an All-Pro season you must put the heat on QBs on a more consistent basis. He has 5 sacks this season with 3 coming against the backup tackles of the Cowboys and the Eagles, his sack against the Rams came against a tight end (Tyler Higbee) and his only sack against a starting tackle came against rookie Jedrick Wills in the Browns game. Now sacks are not everything but he also "only" ranks 15th in QB pressures.

This is not to put down Sweat by any means, he has a strong season. But that's not first team All-Pro worthy. The great thing is that this is just his 2nd year and it was always about the upside with him. So we can really be excited about him going forward.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I don’t wanna dig through the thread.  Were there a bunch of Sweat haters?

Kid has been great since about week 10 of last year and the trajectory is still going up.

I can’t say haters, but there were quite a few who called him a bust and a waste of an extra draft pick after only a handful of games. 

absolutely loving watching him realize his potential.. and he has plenty more.

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

I can’t say haters, but there were quite a few who called him a bust and a waste of an extra draft pick after only a handful of games. 

absolutely loving watching him realize his potential.. and he has plenty more.

That’s because a lot of posters on this board didn’t realize, or want to admit, the entire defensive coaching staff would be unqualified to coach at a division III school let alone an NFL team.  Sweat (and everybody else) has been misused because of the football morons running the defensive side of the ball since 2010. 

Now that there are professionals in the room, some of the same players are playing better.  Who would have figured?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s because a lot of posters on this board didn’t realize, or want to admit, the entire defensive coaching staff would be unqualified to coach at a division III school let alone an NFL team.  Sweat (and everybody else) has been misused because of the football morons running the defensive side of the ball since 2010. 

Now that there are professionals in the room, some of the same players are playing better.  Who would have figured?

Gruden had Cam Sims hanging around for 2 years flashing in the preseason and couldn’t find a way to use him.

And now...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No doubt. But the critiques were not about him being misused, they were flat out saying that we reached, wasted a pick, there was a reason he was falling out of the first round, he had no explosion, got pushed around, and that it set us back. Even in the 2020 draft thread people were wishing they didn’t give away the 2nd rounder.