Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Montez Sweat Mississippi St.

PCS

Maybe time to head back to a 4-3 with Norman and Kerrigan out of the picture. Sweat's hand needs to be in the dirt every damn play.

Sweat     Payne    Ioannidis      Allen

?          Holcomb       ?

Dunbar                                          ?

Collins      Nicholson

Edited by TheDiplomat

13 minutes ago, TheDiplomat said:

Maybe time to head back to a 4-3 with Norman and Kerrigan out of the picture. Sweat's hand needs to be in the dirt every damn play.

Bostic        Holcomb       ?

Collins      Nicholson

I fit Bostic in at least for this year. I don't know how good he is, but he seems to hustle. I'm also beginning to think that Dunbar needs to be sent back to nickle where he faces smaller receivers. He seems to get beat up playing ones and twos.

1 minute ago, abdcskins said:

Lol at the Montez Sweat Old Spice commercial. Just saw it for the first time. Who else has seen it? Not bad for a rookie to get that extra dough.

There was some triggering in the gameday thread over that lol. I'll never blame him for getting some side money. It's not like he's done it at the same level as Baker Mayfield. I am willing to give him a few years before I even consider him a bust.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

So I'm sitting here on my recliner putting down a few cold ones enjoying the beatdown the Jets are putting on Dallas and during the commercial break had a serious WTF moment.  Did I just see Montez Sweat in a Old Spice commercial????  

You sure it wasn't Keith Sweat?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

He batted down a pass, but otherwise, he seemed to be off the field as much as on it.  Dont know if he got nicked or they're just deciding to give other people snaps.

He had what might have been a TFL and a couple other tackles as well. 

• 1 month later...

He looks so slow and lumbering trying to turn the corner.  Even Anderson at times shows more ability to bend.  I knew bending the edge wasn't one of his strong traits in college, but this is ridiculous.  I think drafting Young and putting Sweat at LOLB or LDE could be extremely beneficial to him though.  

• Like 1

Preston Smith flashed though. 

He had the 3 sack game his rookie season and plays where he was in the mix. 

When Sweat gets blocked, he's pretty much out of the play.  I can't think of very many plays (especially on the pass rushes) where he beats his man. 

Edited by megared

On 10/6/2019 at 2:46 PM, TheDiplomat said:

?          Holcomb       ?

Collins      Nicholson

What about Ryan Anderson the guy is built to play as a run stopping MLB instead of keeping him on the bench let’s let him play in the games.  

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, wtfskins said:

Montez sweat is garbage get his butt off the field.  

Sweat is ( should be) Kerrigan’s replacement. He has added a ton of muscle since college. Almost doesn’t look like the same guy. He’s a bull rusher that has the speed to be able to contain on qb rollouts. I think pairing Sweat with a true edge rusher would do the same to his game as zadarious smith has for Preston smith, 

5 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Sweat is ( should be) Kerrigan’s replacement. He has added a ton of muscle since college. Almost doesn’t look like the same guy. He’s a bull rusher that has the speed to be able to contain on qb rollouts. I think pairing Sweat with a true edge rusher would do the same to his game as zadarious smith has for Preston smith, 

Muscles look good for body builders but dude loses contain faster than any DE in the history of the NFL. 

I have heard that end's take the longest to develop on defensive side of the ball. Even Galette mentioned on Twitter that Khalil Mack had only four sacks his rookie year, and Sweat has already five. Cooley has mentioned that he is not impressed with Sweat's techniques. I think he also mentioned he would be much better suited as a 4-3 hand in the dirt end. I think Sweat will be a good linemen for us for a long time. Just don't make too many Old Spice commercials during the season 😂.