Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UPDATED Chrome/random malware warnings & other site issues

TK

I'm about to try clearing cache again on different mobile browsers. I primarily use Opera and this site is now completely inoperable on that platform. Chrome is inoperable too and that's the first time I've visited this site with it. I just downloaded Firefox last night...the only mobile browser that allows me to still post, quote, and like, but typing is completely jacked up (absurd lag and incorrect letters).

Using Chrome this morning on PC desktop.
VERY intermittent. Cleared browsing cache.. not cookies though, and came back here.
I opened this thread and could not post in the box at the bottom of page 1. Bounced to page 4 and I can.
I have seen the malware page once this AM on the Bruce Allen thread, but did not copy the URL,, i will if i see it again and try to post it here.

~john

edit: it allowed me to edit.

same as above pretty much

also, using edge, i get warnings "your stupid website is trying to load an unusual amount of sketchy script and it's really stupid" when clicking on most links and it usually takes a longish time to load the page

maybe dan's found a way to get $$$ to mix a bunch of info-gathering PuPs into the soup and finally sink one of the last worthwhile aspects of this team (as things currently stand)---this site :P

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Thanks for the info guys.  I cleared my cache, cookies, etc., and can now post on my laptop.  I originally thought I was involved in some sort of "read more, post never" mod directed experiment. 

I had the same thought, like "Who did I piss off?"

Sometimes I have to do a refresh in Chrome desktop to get reply box to work, but for most part functionality is getting closer to where it was.  Been a minute since I saw another warning for that SSO site, but here's a screenshot with the thread and page number I saw it on:

image.png.08a2d93247ce812982b4ad439e8fb6e1.png

On 12/13/2018 at 10:41 PM, TK said:

Try this - clear your cached files and cookies and try again.

Also what browser are you using?

Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you. I am using Chrome and have been basically unable to use the site for the past couple of days. Cleared my cache and cookies and the site is working better for sure.

2 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Can't click to reply on Chrome, cache and cookies cleared. :(

Try refreshing first and then reply, it seems to work for me. Although I often can't then go to the page where I made the reply. I was blocked from virtually every other page in the gameday thread, very frustrating. 

From Invision:

I've located the source of the issue, 248 of your members have a signature that has an image in it from what I suspect is one of your old domains.

For example:

http://www.  extremeskins.org/tkmisc/gws21.gif

However, it looks like the extremeskins.org domain expired and was re-registered by someone on September 23rd and is now redirecting to a location that Google has flagged as being malicious.

What that causes to happen is that any time a member with this image replies to a post, it'll cause the viewers browser to attempt to load the image, resulting in the malware warning.

So, we’re going to do a mass update the afflicted signatures. 

6 hours ago, TK said:

From Invision:

I've located the source of the issue, 248 of your members have a signature that has an image in it from what I suspect is one of your old domains.

<edited>

What that causes to happen is that any time a member with this image replies to a post, it'll cause the viewers browser to attempt to load the image, resulting in the malware warning.

So, we’re going to do a mass update the afflicted signatures. 

invision hasn't earned much confidence to date on this---this info also leaves questions just as their initial response didn't seem to take into consideration stuff already known or that "mobile was fine"

there is more than the redirect issue---there are multiple dead or problematic click-on-link issues across the forums/threads/posts in three major browsers and lags on keyboard response in edge on multiple systems

there are also cases where never before used browsers run into the redirect even though they have no previous caches for the site and in at least one case on a new machine that hadn't accessed the site previously

now if that one proposed solution seemingly  based on invision's stated premise is what does indeed address all the issues, cool, but the way it's framed leaves some doubt

meanwhile, members keeping pertinent input coming in until the matter's resolved is appreciated

8 hours ago, Jumbo said:

invision hasn't earned much confidence to date on this---this info also leaves questions just as their initial response didn't seem to take into consideration stuff already known or that "mobile was fine"

Yes. If it was the sig link pointing to a malware hosted website (I did go to extremeskins.org and got the red screen warning.) This whole ES graphics on top not working and had to reset the whole website only to break what was working because they couldn't locate the exact problem and then created a new one where now Chrome doesn't work and I have to use Firefox (not that I mind using Firefox but I have always had ES open on my Chrome browser and I could ALT+TAB between them). I hate this "new" font. I, with the rest of ES member will just need to wait. Hopefully things gets sorted out by next year. :)

Fired up the chrome browser and everything is fine except the quotes, response, & notifications (no drop down). When I first go to the threads the quotes come up with the + box, but when I refresh, the box's disappear with just the word Quote (and nothing happens except it shoots you to the top of the page when you click it). Same with Edge. Clicking on the threads all show secure so far, so I guess the red warning is gone. FF is still fine with no problems at all.

What a headache!

I'm surprised I could even post here; I've been trying forever but it wouldn't let me.

Been deleting cookies, etc, but still nothing. Sometimes I can get into a thread, but mostly not. I'm running an older system but not THAT  old...lol

Tried to do the

Prediction " thread but it takes me directly to the poll and will not let me switch to 'content'.

Note to kleese:  I can't PM you right now, but as soon as I can I will get with ya; maybe you can send me a PM in hopes I can open and read it and i'll get your stuff sent to you.

I have faith in TK and the gang, I know they'll get this resolved.   If there is a single person responsible for this, I hope that person is caught, buried up to their thighs near an ant pile, and sugar water sprayed all over them. Damn scammers, phishers, all of them, I hope they all suffer horrible tragedies...

Archived