Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UPDATED Chrome/random malware warnings & other site issues

TK

Following on from what skinfan57 said; just before I get the red warning screen, I've noticed that the https in the address line is in red text and crossed out (strikethrough). Although changing it to http doesn't work for me (says site not found)

Also just want to say thanks to TK and others for the work you put in keeping the site up and running, it's really appreciated. 

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

And the fonts are different, not an issue but just??

Yeah the font has a knock off Star Trek font feel to it.  

We we know about just about every issue you guys are reporting & then some. 

Time stamps & everything else you couldn’t see, I recoded the colors on them around 3am this morning. 

Still cant post or quote with Chrome - we know. 

Mobile is working fine- yes we know about the white space up top. It’s the same as on the desktop version. 

Heres the part part where I’m running into a huge issue (not to be confused with Issues the cat). I’m on the road out of town the rest of the week & then covering the Jags game this weekend & won’t be back until Monday. So I’m going to have very limited time to work anymore on this until then. Hopefully the NFL gets their conflicting scripts/code fixed & Imvision can do the rest in the few days. 

That is becoming a mess for me.

Can't post/reply on phone.

Seem I can post here, but I just can't create new threads in BHRBN which just sucks a lot...

I can open new thread, but only get access to poll options which really doesn't help.

Edit; Well that seems like it's a freaking random problem, because for whatever reason, it's now working. Not really properly as only poll options pops up as well, but I can go through it opening many threads at a time...

Not ideal, but I can live with it.

BHRBN is now up to date, as it should.

• TK changed the title to UPDATED Chrome/random malware warnings & other site issues

Aye, blocking HTTP can cause stuff that even if you plan for much as you can you don't see it all coming. Thanks for hearing me out, I know you wanted to and and even without specifics I knew part of doing it would be planning it out with possibility of something going wrong anyway.

20 minutes ago, TK said:

Quoted & respond to from Chrome in desktop mode

For me, I have to double click the reply box and then hit the quote button.  Previously it was single click the reply box, single click the quote button, or text you to ask you to stop banning me because it's only funny the first 10,000 times and I bought you a cheesesteak so I thought we were cool :(

18 hours ago, TK said:

FYI 

All of this is your fault for continuous ****ing about the security certificate. :) 

How is anyone able to post anything? The only way I can post anything on the site is if I quote someone. I cant reply to threads, start new threads or edit any of the posts that I do make. If I turn ON my pop up blocker I can quote other peoples posts. If I turn it OFF I cant do anything at all. That seems like it should be the opposite of what should happen? The whole site is a mess right now for sure.

13 hours ago, Bang said:

testing reply on Chrome. Hooray!

I like the new look.

~Bang

I still can't use Chrome. Not able to reply or pick the different like options and when clicking on alerts no drop down just opens the page with all alerts instead. Currently using and back to Firefox.

4 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

How is anyone able to post anything? The only way I can post anything on the site is if I quote someone. I cant reply to threads, start new threads or edit any of the posts that I do make. If I turn ON my pop up blocker I can quote other peoples posts. If I turn it OFF I cant do anything at all. That seems like it should be the opposite of what should happen? The whole site is a mess right now for sure.

Try this - clear your cached files and cookies and try again.

Also what browser are you using?

I've had the same issues, but it seems random. I first noticed on a work laptop, figured the issue had to due with the laptop being useless (even for work tasks lol).  Got back to my normal desktop work PC, Chrome issues persisted.   At that point I was worried I was temp-banned for something.

Got home and initially Chrome worked.  IE worked as well, so I chalked it up to work computers being garbage.

Fast forward to today and Chrome even on home PC is not letting me reply or quote.

(Posting this from IE)

Any users having issues with the editor not loading (meaning you can't respond in Chrome or another browser) will need to clear their cached files and cookies as they likely have an out of date version of a file from the page.

THE MALWARE WARNING PAGE

Anyone still getting it I need you to do the following:

While on the screen, copy the url for that page

Come into this thread & paste the link

list the time when you received the warning as well

I don't know where else to put this, but that new black banner that goes across the top of the site is super annoying when you open a new thread.  Basically pops down over the first line of text you're trying to read every time a page reloads.  Maybe just keep it constant rather than popping in and out?

Malware warning at 10:28am EST.   Had to re-load the page in order to type and paste the link.  I pasted the link then had to delete it because it would not let me type anything here.... so i had type this out prior to posting the link here

Now it's letting my type AFTER posting the link. 

Then it blocked me from responding until just now.  I tried to edit my post and it wouldn't let me, then tried to add this thinking they would merge and it wouldn't let me type or past anything

https://es.redskins.com/topic/425402-starting-qb-2019/?page=23

This happened seconds after the last one.  

4 hours ago, TK said:

Any users having issues with the editor not loading (meaning you can't respond in Chrome or another browser) will need to clear their cached files and cookies as they likely have an out of date version of a file from the page.

THE MALWARE WARNING PAGE

Anyone still getting it I need you to do the following:

While on the screen, copy the url for that page

Come into this thread & paste the link

list the time when you received the warning as well

Ok, I am not able to reply or quote anyone on Chrome or IE, even after clearing my cache and cookies.  I also cannot reply on Firefox, so I had to quote this post (thank goodness that worked).

At 12:29, I got the malware red screen when going here:

Edit:  I cannot edit my post except in Firefox as well. It's a no go on Chrome and IE.

Just got the malware warning again 17:40 UK time.

I pasted as plain text but it keeps changing to the above.

Also the obtrusive red banner at the top is sometimes there and sometimes goes away, and for some reason the "like" icons are scrolling on top of the red banner.

Archived