Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UPDATED Chrome/random malware warnings & other site issues

TK

11 hours ago, zskins said:

I hate this "new" font.

You're not alone. :) 

Mobile still seems to have the least problems. 

I've also had Invision monitoring this thread for everyone's feedback.

Right now they're they're still looking into it but having trouble reliably replicating the Chrome issues, but can replicate the issue at times.

Of course, anyone looking for ES coverage from the Jags game, good luck with that as we have an issue creating blog entries & uploading photos. 

The red screen malware warnings have stopped for me, but the red banner at the top is behaving weird.

When scrolling downwards, this red banner sometimes scrolls up and off the screen, but sometimes stays fixed at the top. 

RedBanner.jpg.9521613fadbb2deddb9d4641ef7482aa.jpg

Everything on the screen scrolls underneath the red banner, except for this banner, which scrolls on top of it.ESBanner.jpg.32dbc9616823f91ab08f958ccdf24e07.jpg

Also the "likes" scroll on top of the red banner as well, like this.

RedBanner2.jpg.210baf5a095ad3711c6ec2be3f060e9b.jpg

Hope this helps somehow.

Major problems I had that are resolved as of right now:

1)  Red screen of death

2)  Not being able to click the reply text box and type in it

3)  Not being able to choose anything but "like"

Problems that remain:

1)  My posts still have very little value or contribution to the board

2)  See number 1, multiply by my post count

3)  What @London Kev said about the "like" scrolling on top of the red banner

4)  Did I mention number 1?

6 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Still can't get notifications, can't "click to choose files", and sometimes I can't choose my reaction, it just "likes" for me. 

Thanks for all you're doing, gang. 💖

Download and install Firefox. No issues with likes, reply or quote and such with FF so far.

On 12/17/2018 at 12:18 PM, Jumbo said:

meanwhile, members keeping pertinent input coming in until the matter's resolved is appreciated

Does it have to be pertinent, 'cuz I really want to come here every day and piss n moan about it 'til it gets fixed but I get the impression I'd be able to look in my own ass to see what size shoe TK wears if I did that........

per individual browser/function reports----variance on these matters remains widespread

here's the thing, people---we should avoid any implication that proper resolution of this matter should be anything other than people to be able to use any of these mainstream browsers of their preference with full function and security per the norm with any decent website

i'd add having to empty your caches and having to resign into a dozen different sites  is "wrong" to have to do for a change of this nature and suggests problematic execution ---imagine if other operations asked all their clients to undertake such antics whenever that operation made os changes

so let's make clear that anything short of all browsers work fine in all ways is unacceptable

Maybe unrelated totally, and maybe it's just me/my browser, or something about this particular post. Sorry if so. The last post on pg 750 of the Moose and Squirrel thread in the tailgate has something glitchy going on with hyperlinks to the Miami Herald. There's a normal looking link, but then this vertical scrolling bunch of characters that links to the same article. The link in the vertical characters starts after the initial few characters that say Readmorehere 

29 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Hey, I can post!!

That can be fixed. :)  

2 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

Maybe unrelated totally, and maybe it's just me/my browser, or something about this particular post. Sorry if so. The last post on pg 750 of the Moose and Squirrel thread in the tailgate has something glitchy going on with hyperlinks to the Miami Herald. There's a normal looking link, but then this vertical scrolling bunch of characters that links to the same article. The link in the vertical characters starts after the initial few characters that say Readmorehere 

You copied ****ty coding from that site. I’ve editrd the post to fix it. 

Technically, I just reported the copied ****ty code. I'm the kind of person who edits my posts if I notice something like a missed apostrophe, so if I saw something like that in one of my posts, I'd try to fix it, or just delete the whole thing and post something else. I do want to thank you for all your hard work though. I'm sure most really appreciate it, and some have at least a little bit of an idea of what a nightmare it's probably been trying to figure out, and working on getting it right. 

27 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

I still wanna find the little turde who started all of this mess... oh you have no idea how bad I'd like to have him/her in my hands.

Go back a page or so. :) 

22 hours ago, TK said:

That can be fixed. :)  

:rofl89:

This post was brought to you by, finally, using Chrome!!! :)

I didn't even empty my history or cashe and it is working like it was before. I have clicked on the important stuff to me and they are clicking! There is still a delay after choosing emoticons though. :pint:

• TK unpinned this topic
19 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

But seriously, only problem I still see is the floating Heart button for reactions scrolling on top of the sticky header bar.

Thanks, @TK

Same for me too.

Is there any way to un-sticky that sticky Redskins' header bar? I'm sure it never stayed there before. The ES header behaves properly and scrolls up and off the screen.

Thanks to all who have been working hard to resolve the issues. :cheers:

I had minor issues here (the link to the reaction screen not working, quote not working, emojis not working). Never got the malware warning (maybe because I keep signatures turned off?), but everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks again. :)

On 12/19/2018 at 10:06 PM, TK said:

Go back a page or so. :) 

Hate me now, thank me later : )

On 12/19/2018 at 3:13 PM, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Hey, I can post!!

Tell the truth. How shocked was Redskins IT when someone told them that they had a message board?

"We have an IT message board? Can it play QB?"

Archived