Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UPDATED Chrome/random malware warnings & other site issues

TK

On 12/10/2018 at 10:43 AM, SoulSkin said:

I think renegade is on the right track with XSS. Maybe a XSS vulnerability scan will reveal something. 

@TK is Fastly yalls hosting provider now?  Jus did a whois on yall again and looks even more locked down then before, like NFL itself is more involved. Both hopefully are helping you with this.

The VM is starting to feel compromised, there are posters here with more experience then I do (and I've worked on LAMP stacks for a living), so if there was ever a time to reach out to them, even via PM, this might be it. 

Outside looking in it looks like you are getting the run around.  So when I say that, it's more about making sure you get the help you need then anything else, I've noticed you fighting up hill on the IT security thing for a while now, this feels like it coming to a head.

I work in IT security as a pentester. Let me know if you'd like my help -- can manually look into any xss's or anything else. I can't see certain threads (the Bruce Allen one) either - getting the malware warning. 

I obviously won't take a look until given explicit permission, but figure i'd offer a potentially capable helping hand. 

Edit: Also want to say that if this were an XSS, you'd be able to see the script running on the source code of the page. An XSS by definition is where a malicious user (attacker) includes their own html/javascript that then in turn gets rendered by the server. In pentesting, the PoC we do is  an alert(1) inbetween <  script      >    tags (weird spacing because i have no idea how this will be processed by es.redskins.com). just some background for those who may not know. 

Overall my guess isn't an XSS, unless there are some posts that may contain an XSS payload; If I remember, Chrome's warning would explicitly call out an XSS. Could be wrong though. 

17 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

What about when using your phone? It seems to work fine, when accessing from my phone. 

Exactly. 

Because its it’s an issue with the old unsecured theme & the new secured theme. The new basically pulls some of the links from the old theme. Those links are from the unsecured http & not the secured https. It’s just a waiting game of getting the scripts fixed. 

Mobile version is fine because it’s it own theme/skin. 

7 hours ago, TK said:

Exactly. 

Because its it’s an issue with the old unsecured theme & the new secured theme. The new basically pulls some of the links from the old theme. Those links are from the unsecured http & not the secured https. It’s just a waiting game of getting the scripts fixed. 

Mobile version is fine because it’s it own theme/skin. 

My mobile version just started going haywire, FWIW.

21 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Fixed but there is some weird border at the top now.

Yeah we know. 

We’re probably at about 90% fixed right now. The remaining 10% most of you probably won’t even notice 

28 minutes ago, China said:

Still glitchy as hell for me.  It won't let me type anything in the response area of a lot of threads.

Same here, and quote button wouldn't work. I'm using Edge now and it works fine, but when I use Vivaldi (Chrome) and refresh, the quote button, edit and response don't work. I guess I'll have to use Edge for now :(

35 minutes ago, China said:

Still glitchy as hell for me.  It won't let me type anything in the response area of a lot of threads.

25 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Same here, and quote button wouldn't work. I'm using Edge now and it works fine, but when I use Vivaldi (Chrome) and refresh, the quote button, edit and response don't work. I guess I'll have to use Edge for now :(

****. Seeing that as well on desktop. 

Seems to work fine on mobile so far

I'm having the same problems on Firefox. On one of the threads, I tried to quote someone and it reloaded the page with " &tab=comments# " on the end of the url. It wouldn't let me use the reply button at all. If I removed that last part of the url, I could post, but not quote anyone directly. Definitely weird. Also, the fonts on the forum look a bit odd.

For that weird frame at the top of the left, my element inspector says it's from double click.net. This is the exact code I get

<iframe src="" https:="" 8680167.fls.doubleclick.net="" activityi;src="8680167;type=retarget;cat=all-site;dc_lat=;dc_rdid=;tag_for_child_directed_treatment=;tfua=;npa=;ord=4009061820624.488?&quot;&quot;" 1""="" 0""="" style="" display:none""="" width="" height="" frameborder=""></iframe>

Firefox desktop is giving me the least amount of problems, I can quote and type responses.  I can't post or quote in chrome desktop, quote shots me to the top of the page and doesn't create a quote box.

Initial reaction is kinda what was already mentioned in the cert being added (see its a new one), and the content needing to meet standards as well.  Each browser has different standards for what it considers secure enough to be comfortable with, that's why there's different results on different web browsers. 

All I ask is a malware scan been done on the best before this all over, just to be sure, if it hasn't already.  Appreciate all the hard work.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Firefox desktop is giving me the least amount of problems, I can quote and type responses.  I can't post or quote in chrome desktop, quote shots me to the top of the page and doesn't create a quote box.

Yeah, I was using Edge but it's like riding on a bumpy road. I think for now I'll stick with Firefox until the chrome gets fixed.

I started out having major problems, but as I patiently waited it out, most of the issues took care of themselves...or should I say, the ES IT experts took care of them.

The main thing I notice now, is that none of the posts have any kind of date or time stamp on them.

But I don't know if that's by design with the new format, though I doubt it. Anyone else lose that aspect ?

Update : The display is back full screen, the posts number, the OP name, and the top of the main page above the Redskins banner are missing.  Font color is black and I have some display issues concerning the notifications (avatar and number). I still have the unsecure connection warning though.

On 12/10/2018 at 10:33 AM, Jumbo said:

You guys are all correct---obviously TK is doing what he can and then it's up to what support we can get from team/invision after that (there's a punch line waiting to be delivered there), but I think it's a good idea to leave this open for members if only to process anxiety and maybe even receive a useful tip/solution or just become more informed via our members.

fwiw--I have several machines in play regarding this: one has extensive security and shows no infections----very high confidence----though it's seen dozens of those warning screens by now---and one older desktop I tried deliberately here since it has only avira free and superantispyware free which are pretty basic but it shows no infections yet either even after a similar or greater number of  warning screens. Again, just fwiw. In the meantime, I always advise paranoia with your internet security. 

It seemed rather fitting to me that the team's official site should become malware infected as the franchise continues on its course as a perpetual cesspool of fail while finding ever lower bottoms to reach.

Nice punchline. 😁

I can't post in the RTT...and can hit my notifications only once after an alert,...for instance, I can't go back to check between reactions & quotes. 

And the Samsung charger connected to my phone is hot af.

Hubby's computer got infected sideways from mine, we shared a router. Thanks so, so very much for addressing this...it won't solve everything around here, but it's one less thing I get yelled at about. 

Archived