Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins VS Houston Oilers

TK

2 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

The right coaching staff makes a big difference. See McVeigh. 

I live in LA and love the Rams. Going Monday night. 

The difference between the Rams owner and Snyder is night and day.

The Rams roster is also better than pretty much everyone’s.

That said, McVay rules for sure.

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Hate to be that guy but maybe Smith's injury gives us an organizational reason to move on from his contract in a non-embarrassing way...feel bad for the guy but his contract was a mistake. I know we'll have to eat a lot of it

A lot of us are thinking it so don’t feel bad for saying it. 

Look, we all should recognize it was a colossal mistake. This gives us he possibility of an out and a chance to actually build a future with a pretty solid defense in place 

2 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

here is the last play to Doct. #25 completely impedes Josh's ability to catch the ball and turns him around/runs through him.

Obvious as it gets.

He even throws his hands up. Tell tale sign of "oops I ****ed up, hope nobody saw that." 

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

A lot of us are thinking it so don’t feel bad for saying it. 

Look, we all should recognize it was a colossal mistake. This gives us he possibility of an out and a chance to actually build a future with a pretty solid defense in place 

Glad you can say it.  Just because you dislike the move doesn't mean you want the guy hurt.

1 minute ago, Yng Lady88 said:

here is the last play to Doct. #25 completely impedes Josh's ability to catch the ball and turns him around/runs through him.

Did Doctson even argue the non-call or Gruden for that matter? Any other receiver would have been right up trying to pressure the refs into throwing a flag. 

1 minute ago, Yng Lady88 said:

25 mugs him and the other guy jumps on his back before the ball gets there.  I'm not sure there is a more obvious PI call since two guys are guilty of it

Just now, Hooper said:

Stan Kroenke was widely reviled for being a terrible owner while the Rams were in St. Louis.

If the Skins miss the playoffs and clean house, it'll be interesting to see which direction Snyder goes.

1 minute ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Colt McCoy probably can't even throw it that far to score a TD and very little chance of a throw out of bounds then still have to kick a FG.  Not a bad call IMO

I think he could make that throw but youre right his arm isn't very strong. 

Fake fg would have been my call. 

8 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

yes but wouldn't we have had a ton more time?

Yes, my point is the that irrespective of that call we still had ourselves in a great position from their 45 to win the game. Id wager a high percentage of teams would easily get an extra 10 yards to set up a more manageable kick attempt.

21 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Does Alex's season ending injury, basically save Gruden from being fired?  He has the ultimate excuse now if we collapse and miss the playoffs; he lost his starting QB.

Given there was no blitz killer on that play, I wondered if Gruden could be fired for cause.

The FG might have been dan saying, look, let's just evaluate our talent the rest of the way, try to improve draft position.  yeah.. figures.  we were 6-2 at one point?

13 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

This sounds terrible, but I wonder what that does for his contract.  Would we still owe him for next year against the cap?

Next year certainly, it's guaranteed. If we keep him on the roster into next year's league year, 2020 becomes guaranteed. I wonder if 2020 is injury guaranteed. I haven't read anything on that.

5 minutes ago, Hooper said:

It mysteriously wasn't before McVeigh got there. 

7-9 in 13. 6-10 in 14. 7-9 in 15. 4-12 in 16. Sound familiarly mediocre?

11-5 with McVeigh and now heading for a first round bye. 

With a lot of the same pieces and a revamped qb who people were already ready to give up on before McVeigh got there. 

We have talent in DC. The talent disparity across NFL teams is not very high. 

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

We’ve been an extremely poorly run and poorly coached team for 25 years yet somehow, it’s those damn refs holding us down and keeping us from greatness. Every ref gets that extra cash in pocket for screwing the redskins over. They squeal in delight when they see they’re assigned the Redskins game knowing they’ll get that extra butter. 

It seems that way but it boils down to coaching.....Gruden's play calling in vital situations cost us today along with Norman grabbing like the TB game and others as we sure could have used that time back that gave them the 1st down.  Norman complained but you just keep your hands off and there would have been no call.  Peterson's 2 TD's were showing Gruden that we should have pounded the ball at the end of the 1st half and worse case taken a tie game to halftime instead of the 10 point turn around and Houston lead....plus pounding it on the play Smith got injured as that was another 3 points erased by the sack.  We lose by 2 and Gruden was the problem.  Get what you can but take the points when you are in scoring range in a close game. 

Archived