Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins VS Houston Oilers

TK

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

There is no conspiracy. The NFL has better things to do than orchestrate a massive conspiracy to keep a ****ty franchise (still one of their most valuable) from winning. 

Its completely ridiculous 

Yeah you're probably right....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-cowboys-are-among-defendants-in-nflpas-collusion-lawusit/2012/05/24/gJQAjXfFoU_blog.html?utm_term=.b1795502543b

Redskins, Cowboys are among defendants in NFLPA’s collusion lawusit

1 minute ago, Hdf561 said:

That will be remembered as the one that got away, Smith played bad while he was in the game, gets hurt, And we still had a shot to win it...this one hurts bad because it was right there. 

I actually think other than that terrible pick 6 this was smiths best looking game

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Does Alex's season ending injury, basically save Gruden from being fired?  He has the ultimate excuse now if we collapse and miss the playoffs; he lost his starting QB.

Depends on how Colt plays through the rest of the year. He looked much different than Alex while he was out there. Ball was coming out quicker, actually looking downfield, not as rattled by pressure. 

Honestly, I wonder if deep down Jay is relieved to be able to see what he can do with Colt in there.

Just now, XxSpearheadxX said:

to be fair he totally has made 63 yarders before, but his leg was dinged up. 

Still doesn't excuse the fact thst we ran stupid pass routes leading up to it

In practice with the right wind conditions?

Unless ive missed some magical leg strength, he will never hit a kick that far in a game.  He maxes at high 50s and those are risky. 

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

There is no conspiracy. The NFL has better things to do than orchestrate a massive conspiracy to keep a ****ty franchise (still one of their most valuable) from winning. 

Its completely ridiculous 

The denial is what is ridiculous.  Dan Snyder is an asshole, it's well documented.  The league has zero desire to see this franchise ever succeed and sees fit whenever they can to hold us back. 

Just now, profusion said:

Tough loss. That BS call on Norman really stings.

Just now, TheGreek1973 said:

I love this game and this league is making it so hard to wtach.  This game should not have been an L.  Normand did nothing wrong and Doctson was totally interfered with.  you can't go thru the receiver thru his back to get the ball.  you don't have position.  Major interference.  

Yeah, that Norman call, especially comboed by the two really egregious non calls when Doctson was interfered with was terrible. We got completely reffed.

6 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Hopkins has never showed that kind of leg strength. Why do you kick it there? 

I have to think Hopkins puts on a display in practice that convinced them he at least had enough leg to get it there.  And hopefully there was a discussion before the kick where Hopkins said he could do it.  

3 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Does Alex's season ending injury, basically save Gruden from being fired?  He has the ultimate excuse now if we collapse and miss the playoffs; he lost his starting QB.

If Gruden is still here next year I'll believe it's because he has dirt on upper management. 

1 minute ago, rabidskin said:

Dallas don't need the refs as we have Gruden for a coach and the "Mouth" for a CB....that's enough for any team to get a win.

We’ve been an extremely poorly run and poorly coached team for 25 years yet somehow, it’s those damn refs holding us down and keeping us from greatness. Every ref gets that extra cash in pocket for screwing the redskins over. They squeal in delight when they see they’re assigned the Redskins game knowing they’ll get that extra butter. 

I want an explanation from the league on the call on Norman and the holding call on Moses I think it was last week. They don’t address any of these issues well screw them we pay money to support this league and I want an explanation I’m absolutely livid right now

3 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Gruden was 6-3 with crap Qb play and the usual host of injuries. This was a team most picked to finish last in the nfc east. The idea of him getting fired is bonkers to me. 

2 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Yeah, the two aren’t related. We’re a bad team and bad calls happen to every team in every game. 

But people cant accept that so they turn to conspiracies to justify why our terrible franchise just can’t win. It’s easier then accepting the truth I suppose 

Just now, CjSuAvE22 said:

I want an explanation from the league on the call on Norman and the holding call on Moses I think it was last week. They don’t address any of these issues we’ll screw them we pay money to support this league and I want an explanation 

Agree. The refs should have to explain 2-3 calls made per game that are controversial.  But of course they wont

1 minute ago, AJ* said:

If Gruden is still here next year I'll believe it's because he has dirt on upper management. 

Depends on how this season ends. If we make the playoffs, he gets another year. If we meltdown, go from 6-3 to missing the playoffs, I think he gets canned.

Just now, Hooper said:

Gruden was 6-3 with crap Qb play and the usual host of injuries. This was a team most picked to finish last in the nfc east. The idea of him getting fired is bonkers to me. 

I really like the consistency of having a stable set of coaches but gruden will never win us a championship. 

**** ass play calling at the end there is one of the reasons why. 

Archived