Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins VS Houston Oilers

TK

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

He completed 44.4% of his passes for 135 yards and had two picks.  I hope he recovers well enough to have a good life, but if that's his best game, then he ****ing sucks.

Come on man. He also had 3 drops. One of which was most likely a 60 yard TD and a perfectly thrown ball. Now the picks are unforgivable. But Smith played pretty well early in the game.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Come on man. He also had 3 drops. One of which was most likely a 60 yard TD and a perfectly thrown ball. Now the picks are unforgivable. But Smith played pretty well early in the game.

You are kidding me.  EVERY quarterback has drops.

I can't argue with people like you.  You think what you want to think.

We'll see how Colt does moving forward. QBs coming off the bench like this almost always provide a spark in that particular game, but we'll see what Colt really has after the next couple weeks. I hope he can do it for us, and then we can all go nuts with the "Why did we even need Alex Smith" threads. 

if anything, I actually feel good moving forward with Colt. he came in immediately and showed how decisive he is and his mastery of the offense. also had no issue using his legs. it'll be a short week but im ready for the big day. 

do we think Trent is possibly back. hasn't it been 4+ weeks since he's been out?

1 minute ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I really like the consistency of having a stable set of coaches but gruden will never win us a championship. 

**** ass play calling at the end there is one of the reasons why. 

No coach is going to go deep in the playoffs, much less a championship, with this owner and FO

6 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Because it drew an obvious PI.  What can you do if the refs dont call it?  Absolute BS

Well we should have looked at the rest of the game to tell us whether we could count on the refs and the obvious answer was “no”, so why try it on the most important play of the game???

If refs are f’ing you all game, how are you going to put the game in the hands of the refs to help you win it?

We could have picked up the yardage to be in field goal range and had enough time to spike the ball. Instead we spent it on a long-developing, low-percentage pass play and prayed the refs who had screwed us all game would save us? Really?

Once again the issue to me is inconsistency in how the officials call the game.   There is just way too much "judgment" allowed as opposed to the officials using clear criteria for how they throw flags.

Go watch the Norman play and the Doctson play side to side, and you tell me with a straight face that it is the Norman play that should have drawn a flag.

The officials need to huddle before the game and make a decision and let it be known to each Head Coach whether they are going to let defenders play physical or not.  Either way is fine, but what they absolutely must be is consistent.  if you are going to call such a soft penalty on Norman to help the Texans keep a drive alive, then there is no justification for allowing two defenders to climb on top of Doctson before the ball is there and say it is a clean play.

EDIT: and this is even taking into account the non calls earlier when Harris was clearly interfered with.

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I have to think Hopkins puts on a display in practice that convinced them he at least had enough leg to get it there.  And hopefully there was a discussion before the kick where Hopkins said he could do it.  

Did anyone think he would get close, seriously? As soon as we lined up I knew he would be well short; even if it was a good kick. I was hoping for a fake. 

Not a knock on Hopkins but he has never shown the leg strength in game. 

Archived