Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins VS Houston Oilers

TK

6 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Broken tibia and fibula requiring emergency surgery.

It really isn't an emergency surgery. It is just a surgery to put the bones back in place. I worked in ER back in the days and it was just a normal procedure, even when the guy's knee was dislocated to the back of his knee. 

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You know, today was the anniversary of Joe Theisman's injury, that ended his career.  I think Joe was at the game today.

Yep.. 33 years to the day

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You know, today was the anniversary of Joe Theisman's injury, that ended his career.  I think Joe was at the game today.

Yep.. 33 years to the day

Well, hard fought game and a tough loss. But I feel better about the offense. Colt put up 14 pts in a quarter and a half and the passing game looked viable. Pick one, the bad coverage by Norman on Hopkins TD or the pick 6 and we would've won the game. No Colt isn't the end all be all. But he's been on this team longer than Gruden. Knows the offense better than anyone else on the team. Most importantly he isn't afraid to let the ball go. Those quick hitters as soon as he got in. The pass to Reed was perfect. Reed is the greatest threat on the offensive side of the ball. Why isn't he targeted at a minimum of 5 times a game? Colt was taking those shots to Doctson that Alex was supposed to be doing this season. I know Doctson isn't a world beater but I know he's better than the way the Skinz are using him. I'll take Doctson one on one outside isolated or on a slant where he can use his big frame. Either way I'm not distraught over this loss. Still in first and we control our own destiny. Best dallass Thanksgiving and the division is ours. 

11 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

10 mos  before you... avg joe living avg life could claim to be 100%.  Hes a 34 year old qb playing at the highest level

I was prolly in better shape. 

But his injury seems very complicated. I guess we'll have to find out. 

With any luck well get out of the contract and he'll get taken care of finacially. 

30 minutes ago, Veretax said:

Given there was no blitz killer on that play, I wondered if Gruden could be fired for cause.

The FG might have been dan saying, look, let's just evaluate our talent the rest of the way, try to improve draft position.  yeah.. figures.  we were 6-2 at one point?

No. We were 5-2, 6-3, 6-4.

At least Philly is being thrashed. If we can beat Dallas next week then we would be up by effectively 3 games with 5 games remaining, and will be in perfect position to wrap up the division. 

I feel like Colt, at worst, can give us what Alex was, with a higher ceiling for scoring. 

Next week is massively important. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Lmao such a vast conspiracy involving the “higher ups” and owners and referees and yet not one person leaks or spills the beans on any of this? 

Thoughts on the moon landing? Also what’s going on in Area 51? 

how long did it take NBA officials to let it be known that state of NBA officiating

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

GTFO with that conspiracy BS.  Jay is not going to intentionally get any of his players hurt.  Pathetic you even posted that nonsense.

Conspiracy?  We've been complaining about how bad the Oline has been all year.  SO is that All jays fault, no.... but you have to wonder what would it take for Snyder to say enough, could this injury have been it?  I dunno, and I'm not trying to start trouble either, We are still in the hunt for the Playoffs (technically so why fire him now), but that loss, that injury is going to have a profound impact on the fan base and team.  Not since Sean Taylor was murdered, have I felt quite like this.  It's really surreal.  LIstening to JoeyT talking on Post Game about it.... yeah.... you almost can't believe it.   Yeah lets give it a few days to calm down.

24 minutes ago, Csup said:

The Redskins quite possibly beat Dallas this year because of a terrible call against the Dallas center.  They go both ways and generally even out. 

You haven't watch many Redskins games over the years if you think your last sentence is true concerning the Redskins.

Still furious about the officiating at the end. 

Call me a a conspiracy theorist but wouldn’t  suprise me if the refs were told to help the Texans to make the ratings higher for the Redskins Cowboys on thanksgiving. Sounds crazy but the missed call against Doc was so blatant. 

19 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

With any luck well get out of the contract and he'll get taken care of finacially. 

Likely both.... he has a substantial injury guarantee.. and we're likely to need to look toward the future, because i don't think he returns.  His agent likely convinces him to walk away now as it would actually be less money for him to try to return

1 minute ago, Shanwood said:

Colt plays a little reckless. Any back up brought in might get to play this season. I’d say Sam Bradford. Although I would prefer Nathan Peterman as a devopmental prospect.

With Peterman we get INT's.  I'd rather get that Kelly that Denver cut. He wasn't bad, just walked into other peoples houses, at night, uninvited. He is essentially a rookie though.

1 minute ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Still furious about the officiating at the end. 

Call me a a conspiracy theorist but wouldn’t  suprise me if the refs were told to help the Texans to make the ratings higher for the Redskins Cowboys on thanksgiving. Sounds crazy but the missed call against Doc was so blatant. 

Especially with the hold against Norman

4 minutes ago, Shanwood said:

Colt plays a little reckless. Any back up brought in might get to play this season. I’d say Sam Bradford. Although I would prefer Nathan Peterman as a devopmental prospect.

I think when Colt came in the biggest immediate difference was how he continually threw downfield when he saw a 1 on 1 match up. The willingness to do that, even if the WR is not open, can make a difference in how a defense plays their coverage.  It stops them from being able to cheat too many guys in the middle of the field, thus opening a lot more things under neath.

4 minutes ago, Shanwood said:

Although I would prefer Nathan Peterman as a devopmental prospect.

What in Zeus's lightening filled nutsack are you taking about? Peterman? Have you seen any of his tape? He might be the worst QB I've ever seen. 

I'd let Jordan Reed play QB before signing Peterman. 

1 minute ago, cakmoney61 said:

You haven't watch many Redskins games over the years if you think your last sentence is true concerning the Redskins.

I’ve watched redskins games since the 1970’s.   Here is the secret. There were bad calls in the 1970’s and 1980’s too.  But we knew we’d overcome anything because we had better players and coaches.  Losers complain about officiating.  Listening to fans here you would think the refs have cost the team another 5 SB trophies.   But if it makes you feel better go for it.  

On the recovery from injury.  My wife broke her leg up near the hip several years ago, (not the same injury) she's still not walking without the aid of walker.  She got a titanium rod too, but it was almost 2 months before any wait at all could go on that leg, It was multiple months befor she was released from Rehab.   2.5 years later still recovering.  Granted Alex is fitter, younger, and healthier, he'll bounace back faster for sure, but will he be ready for camp?  I doubt it.

Archived