Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins VS Houston Oilers

TK

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The D was also NOT good. Yes, they forced 3 turnovers, but that style of play is simply not sustainable. They only forced one punt the entire game, got gashed in the run game, and couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. Over two games now we've forced two punts. TWO. You gotta be able to play straight up D.

What are you talking about?

The Redskins defense only gave up about 300 total yards, got 3 turnovers, and held the texans' offense to 16 points.

They certainly weren't "gashed".

1 minute ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Did anyone think he would get close, seriously? As soon as we lined up I knew he would be well short; even if it was a good kick. I was hoping for a fake. 

Not a knock on Hopkins but he has never shown the leg strength in game. 

Thought it was a long shot but they would not have sent him out there if he had never kicked a 63 or more yard FG in practice.  He actually has a pretty strong leg

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I had that same injury 20 years ago while skiing. he has a long recovery ahead and A LOT of metal going into his leg. And yes it hurts like a ****. He will be laid up with no weight allowed on his leg for months.

how long is the recovery period in regards to him being ready for camp? not asking from a selfish standpoint, but wonder if the Skins consider using a late pick on a QB or make moves to bring in another veteran.

Smith is already older and he has a long road ahead. im wish him the absolute best.

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

The Redskins defense only gave up about 300 total yards, got 3 turnovers, and held the texans' offense to 16 points.

Yep.  Defense played very well.  Hopkins didnt kill us.  Thomas did nothing.  Had some turnovers.  

1 minute ago, mike42 said:

Terrible decision on the last two plays. What was Gruden thinking!?

Last 2 plays?   How about protecting the ball with a make shift line and running to insure 3 points in the 1st half to tie the game instead of giving 7 away?  Then field goal range on the play Smith injured his leg.    That's a 13 point turnaround right there alone from poor coaching play calls. We didn't have the OL to pass protect Houston's pass rush in vital scoring situations.   Norman the "Mouth" continues his pathetic play again and again and helps make sure we lose. ( and he whines about the boo's....clueless egotistical idiot)  Needs to stop the constant holding on receivers due to his inept ability to cover.    Gruden has to go and trade Norman and his ridiculous salary!

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Yeah, I'm usually really harsh on this defense, but they were really good today.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Hate to be that guy but maybe Smith's injury gives us an organizational reason to move on from his contract in a non-embarrassing way...feel bad for the guy but his contract was a mistake. I know we'll have to eat a lot of it

How does it affect our cap if he retires?  Genuinely asking I have no idea. 

9 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

The denial is what is ridiculous.  Dan Snyder is an asshole, it's well documented.  The league has zero desire to see this franchise ever succeed and sees fit whenever they can to hold us back. 

The NFL has zero desire to see a once cornerstone franchise that is still one of its most valuable assets succeed because their owner is an asshole. Got it. 

Just now, BigDibbs31 said:

Thought it was a long shot but they would not have sent him out there if he had never kicked a 63 or more yard FG in practice.  He actually has a pretty strong leg

Not that strong. And he was injured. 

It's a bs **** move with maybe a 5% chance of making it. 

Almost any other play would have given us a better chance of winning. 

But gruden has no balls. He's OK with a safe loss. His excuse is a rough first half and losing his starting qb. You'll never win it all. Gotta do what it takes to give your team a chance. 

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

I kinda agree with Warhead36; when it was needed, the defense couldn't keep the Texans from getting into FG position. Masnusky has to have someone besides one of the slower LBers to keep tabs on the RB coming out of the backfield. Dix isn't doing anything to impress me, but the LBers are good against the run but are nowhere near fast enough to handle RBs.

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

What does your money think about major front office changes?

If i had to bet... we wont see a change til the raiders are in vegas.  Allen goes to vegas but i feel that schaefer and smith become executives before we have a chance to promote them..... may be the emotional side of me but i worry were still anout 5 min behind and miss out on the future 

Just now, spjunkies said:

Good question, my assumption is he would come off the books if he retires. 

But the question is, why would he retire? I would assume that if he makes an honest effort to come back, assuming he is able to one day pass a physical, he would be owed a lot of money. What's in it for him?

I agree with everyone about the bad calls/non calls. Which is why it’s even more unfathomable that we’d throw that long pass to Doctson when we can’t waste any time and expect the refs to give us a PI.

I can’t get over how bad of a call that was. Especially because we hadn’t completed any of those passes all game. Especially because we had a QB who is much better at short and medium throws than long passes. Everything about it should have said that’s the wrong call and we f’ing did it anyway.

Just now, sportjunkie07 said:

Not that strong. And he was injured. 

It's a bs **** move with maybe a 5% chance of making it. 

Almost any other play would have given us a better chance of winning. 

But gruden has no balls. He's OK with a safe loss. His excuse is a rough first half and losing his starting qb. You'll never win it all. Gotta do what it takes to give your team a chance. 

Colt McCoy probably can't even throw it that far to score a TD and very little chance of a throw out of bounds then still have to kick a FG.  Not a bad call IMO

Archived