Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins VS Houston Oilers

TK

12 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

I wasn't trying to direct that all at you, just my thoughts on Alex smith in general.  

And I agree with you on cousins, he wanted out, I just included that bc I thought cousins did a great job but there were many who were happy to see him go too.  Good QBs are very rare as we all know, and I'm afraid it could actually be worse than AS.  

Its all good. btw the real kirk showed up last night in N.O. 3 turnovers and gimme yardage at the end of the game

12 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Agreed.  While I didn't want us to draft a QB until smith was on the tail end of his contract, with this injury and the possibility we will have to take a massive cap hit to get out of the contract, now is the time to look for the heir apparent via the draft.  While some may think the offense is in good hands with McCoy, I don't.  He will be serviceable at best.  

agreed to as well

I feel weird. I only watched the first 10 mins of the 1st Q then had to go run do family stuff. I had teh game dvr'd and planned on watching it later at night when my kid went to sleep. Well, we went to a pizza place and they showed the score and Alex' injury so I started looking up his injury status, checking ES game thread etc ...

I miss maybe a game a year bc of the exact scenario above. No matter how hard you try to not see the score when DVR'ing, sometimes you get bitten and if its a loss then I really dont have motivation to watch.

I heard Quinn looked good. Colt looked quick. Doctson appeared. Controversial penalties. Last second chance at a win. Preston Smith showed up.

I feel like I should watch. It was a loss

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

The late deep ball to Doctson was clearly pass interference. In fact, since he was grossly interfered with twice, it likely obscured the side judge's view.  He got frontally mugged by 25 long before the safety came over the top. I will say that the ball was late giving time for the safety to make it look like he was just playing the ball as he jumped on Doctson's back, but 25 had no such feeble defense.  The fact that the ball went through Josh's arms is impressive in that he was still able to track it well despite being mugged twice in 1 second.

https://twitter.com/CraigHoffman/status/1064354082624802819

That was basically double PI. One guy backs into him and spins him around and another guy mugs him from over the top, all before the ball get there. Absolutely insane non-call.

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

That was basically double PI. One guy backs into him and spins him around and another guy mugs him from over the top, all before the ball get there. Absolutely insane non-call.

I wonder if the refs were half in hail mary nothing will get called mode.  I really think if the safety didn't come over the top, it may have been more cut and dried, an easier call. 25 got turned around and was in desperation mode.

I would have liked to have seen Jay blow a fuse at the end of the game. Or today. The refs are stupid and can be swayed. The league cares about its perceived image and if we make a big enough of a stink over it, they look bad. Maybe they toss us a cookie. Or, more likely, just keep us on the block list for the name and breaking the spirit of the game things.

22 hours ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

he had a hold of his hand the a hold of his jersy so yeah it could easily be called and was

actually not so mad the gnats won. I dont want them having first pick

When Norman grabbed the receiver Watson was already running. It was a BS. Even the national guys in the booth thought it was BS.

On 11/18/2018 at 1:22 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Colt warming up yet?

On 11/18/2018 at 1:22 PM, LetThePointsSoar said:

I'm over Alex Smith.  Bring. In. Colt. 

Seriously. 

Kinda feel guilty about this one.  Less than 30 minutes later we got our wish.... Careful what you wish for, and love him or not, best wishes to a speedy recovery for Alex 

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, BigDibbs31 said:

Think there was :08 left when we tried the FG.  Not enough time for all that

Your not remembering......with 19 sec. left he threw deep left which lost valuable time and then he threw 8 yd sideline pass OB to the right...then FG.   Like all teams, Texans covered deep and sidelines giving up middle as clock continues to run on completion. Plenty of time to get 10 yds and spike it giving a makeable FG try.  Poor pathetic coaching.   I was stating that with 19 sec. left, he should have called a slant route to the middle where coverage was weak.

• TK locked this topic

Archived