Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins VS Houston Oilers

TK

1 minute ago, Vanguard said:

I don't like the deep pass to Doctson.  Why?!

Probably hoping that he'd either make a fantastic catch or they'd get a PI.

And it was a PI. One guy grabbed his arm while the other guy came over his back before the ball was even there. The refs just didn't call it.

Just now, JSSkinz said:

I'm optimistic now that we should be able to move the ball on offense and we'll be getting Trent back for Dallas, maybe even Crowder and/or CT.

I think we win this game if we have Colt for all 4 quarters.

The D played well, only 13 points given up, you cant throw pick 6's and not convert turnovers into points.

If they couldn't play today, I'll be surprised if they're good to go 4 days from now.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont know about that. This team proved it belongs today. That is a good team and we hung with them all day. If not for a pick 6 we win the game easily.

I just think Houston is a more complete team but I thought the skins would get smoked.  This was a “good” loss.  With Colt and a few healthy players back I think the skins have a shot.  At this point in the season that is all you can ask for.

2 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

As much as I wanted that call, the defender was going for the ball so it shouldn't be. But at the same time they called that garbage on Norman so its like why play fair now?

I didn't even mean him, he had a fair shot to contest for the ball. I mean the defender in the back who basically pushed Doct from behind were Doct slammed into the defender jumping for the ball. idk where the ref was standing but absolutely no contact? nah, not accurate.

Good try by everyone. Team came ready to paly - good job Jay and the coaches. Alex having his best game as a Redskin before getting injured. Colt did great coming in. D stiffened up after a slow start .Houston is a good football team and we went toe to toe with them. Need to beat dallas. If Philly loses tonight, a win against dallas pretty much gives us the division.

If the team plays like it did today. we beat dallas easy.

Hope Alex comes back 100%. Hate to see a guy like that go down.

1 minute ago, Dirt said:

Doctson did get a flying knee to the back of the head.  Refs don't wanna make such a game changing 60 yard penalty.

Seemed less important when it was just a hold on 24 but that was HUGE. 

If you're calling that, you gotta give doc his mugging flag.  That dude jumped on his head

The refs blew 3 major PI calls today.  Really unfortunate.

That will be remembered as the one that got away, Smith played bad while he was in the game, gets hurt, And we still had a shot to win it...this one hurts bad because it was right there. 

Never been a big fan of Colt but he showed he has been staying ready, need another solid veteran because our oline is still sparse. 

Still a lot of questions, defense played ok but tackling and coverage were average at best...quite frankly the whole unit is just average no matter what the numbers say. 

Needed this win, now we have to play Dallas with zero momentum and they have all of it. 

1 minute ago, carex said:

bull****.  The higher ups in the NFL are close to the Giants AND the more successful we are the more Native American groups complain about us

Lmao such a vast conspiracy involving the “higher ups” and owners and referees and yet not one person leaks or spills the beans on any of this? 

Thoughts on the moon landing? Also what’s going on in Area 51? 

Bad playcalling late there too. We only needed ~10 more yards to get into FG range. Why are we taking deep shots to a possession WR who never gets seperation? Has Doctson made that play all season? They probably would have conceded a ~10 yard seem route to a TE or McCoy could have taken off on a keeper.

Of course if Gruden doesn't burn a TO when we're on defense on a 3rd and 10 we'd have a lot more time and probably have a better chance at an easier FG.

The D was also NOT good. Yes, they forced 3 turnovers, but that style of play is simply not sustainable. They only forced one punt the entire game, got gashed in the run game, and couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. Over two games now we've forced two punts. TWO. You gotta be able to play straight up D.

2 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

Do you honestly believe the referees/NFL will allow the Redskins to get out of Dallas with a win? 

If you believe in conspiracies come to my place someday and  I’ll tell you who REALLY shot JFK.

Archived