Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins VS Houston Oilers

TK

That Doctson play.  There is an official right there. I believe he is even on the backside of the play which as it turns out, is the best angle to see the obvious PI.  Doctson is 100% run into and hit with the ball still 5 yards away in the air.  What kind of nonsense justified not throwing the flag there?

Had I been Gruden. I would have put my fastest guy (Bibbs?) on the field for that 63 FG try.

Then call for a fake FG pass to that guy.

And let him run.

There's low chances it works. But there's still a better chance of succeeding than a 63 yarder from Hopkins.

Furthermore, that would have been funny to watch.

11 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I think he could make that throw but youre right his arm isn't very strong. 

Fake fg would have been my call. 

The best call would have been to throw the ball on a 10 yd.slant route across middle as defense guards deep and sidelines.....enough time at 19 second mark to get to ball and spike it for a 52 yd. FG try.  

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

That Doctson play.  There is an official right there. I believe he is even on the backside of the play which as it turns out, is the best angle to see the obvious PI.  Doctson is 100% run into and hit with the ball still 5 yards away in the air.  What kind of nonsense justified not throwing the flag there?

At the very least it should have been holding.  Just a joke of a league. 

16 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I dont think Alex Smith can return... my heart thinks he retires

Rough injury for sure. It is possible to come back in a year but it depends on the severity of the break and any damage to where the bones meet the ankle. 

I had 4 breaks to my fibula and the break shifted the bones off my ankle essentially. Screwed that back into place with a subsequent surgery to remove that stabalizing screw. 

1 plates 8 screws total. 1 month until I could walk. About 10 months until I was 100% and I was in maximum shape at the time. 

Alexs injury is likely worse. 

Just now, rabidskin said:

The best call would have been to throw the ball on a 10 yd.slant route across middle as defense guards deep and sidelines.....enough time at 19 second mark to get to ball and spike it for a 52 yd. FG try.  

Think there was :08 left when we tried the FG.  Not enough time for all that

Just now, sportjunkie07 said:

Rough injury for sure. It is possible to come back in a year but it depends on the severity of the break and any damage to where the bones meet the ankle. 

I broke my tibia and the break shifted the bones off my ankle essentially. Screwed that back into place with a subsequent surgery to remove that stabalizing screw. 

1 plates 8 screws total. 1 month until I could walk. About 10 months until I was 100% and I was in maximum shape at the time. 

Broken tibia and fibula requiring emergency surgery.

Yeah, not the same.

25 minutes ago, Csup said:

If you believe in conspiracies come to my place someday and  I’ll tell you who REALLY shot JFK.

I shove aside the notion of conspiracies quite often when this team plays, because I have seen numerous very very questionable calls go against this team.

Have you watched the Patriots play and seen the number of questionable calls that go in their favor time and time again?  How does any team go an entire game and don't have one penalty?  The Patriots have done it.

Conspiracy or human error, bad calls or no calls happen entirely too often against this team. 

38 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Jay Gruden sucks. Send out an injured kicker for an NFL record length FG attempt because he screws the play calling on the previous play

38 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

**** you Jay!   **** ass play calling!

38 minutes ago, bonesbr549 said:

I don't understand this call.  

I find myself in an odd situation not blaming Jay for this loss or the decision at the end....

Im not sure what the 3rd down play was, but I bet it had some underneath options. Colt took the shot deep, and it almost worked. Probably the wrong decision, but that’s on the QB.

On 4th and 10, Gruden said Hop thought he could make it.  You couldn’t run a quick out because you need 10 yards and Houston would be sitting at the sideline at the first down marker.

So which is more probable, a Hail Mary or a long FG?

Neither probably work but I can’t blame Jay either way.

Dallas game might be for the division.

11 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

They already threw a questionable/ridiculous flag on josh. They know it. After that the flags are locked away so they don’t embarrass themselves further

if they don’t get involved, nobody can blame them. It’s a horrible system

This game was there to be won, but turnovers and play calling were the difference.  The pick 6 before the half was BAD, even though Reed shouldn't have stopped on the route.  The Doctson play call probably was a PI, but they could've gone somewhere else and they IMO they should've attempted one more pass on 4th down and gotten out of bounds instead of the long FG.  Also want to add that Smith was obviously holding this team back given how McCoy performed when he was in there.  

27 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

how long is the recovery period in regards to him being ready for camp? not asking from a selfish standpoint, but wonder if the Skins consider using a late pick on a QB or make moves to bring in another veteran.

Smith is already older and he has a long road ahead. im wish him the absolute best.

I was younger than Smith when I broke mine and I was in a cast for 6 months. They put a rod in your leg from your ankle to your knee to stabilize it. I had mine removed 2 years later but a lot of people dont. I dont think it is a career ending injury. But Smith may not be ready for camp either.

4 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

I shove aside the notion of conspiracies quite often when this team plays, because I have seen numerous very very questionable calls go against this team.

Have you watched the Patriots play and seen the number of questionable calls that go in their favor time and time again?  How does any team go an entire game and don't have one penalty?  The Patriots have done it.

Conspiracy or human error, bad calls or no calls happen entirely too often against this team. 

The Redskins quite possibly beat Dallas this year because of a terrible call against the Dallas center.  They go both ways and generally even out. 

Well this was a crappy day in the NFL.

The Redskins lost. :(

The cowboys won. :dallas_sucks:

The giants won. :giantssuck:

All we would need is for the eagles to win this evening to have the perfect **** sandwich of a football weekend. :eagles_suck:

Let's hope the Saints take care of them.

8 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I had 4 breaks to my fibula and the break shifted the bones off my ankle essentially. Screwed that back into place with a subsequent surgery to remove that stabalizing screw. 

10 mos  before you... avg joe living avg life could claim to be 100%.  Hes a 34 year old qb playing at the highest level

Archived